DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
Aug 23, 2013 at 4:32 AM Post #2,599 of 3,609
Aug 23, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #2,600 of 3,609
thanks for the recommendation

i agree that anything above 128gb usb key is outrageously expensive......

Aug 23, 2013 at 5:07 AM Post #2,601 of 3,609
Well the obvious advantages of the DX50 over the X3 are:

1 - touchscreen interface, which makes it easier for the user to scroll through lots of music. doing that with physical buttons can be a bit tedious.
2 - better screen quality - it having ips technology is a big plus in sunlight...
3 - better layout of physical buttons - much more intuitive compared to the "slanted" style on the x3, not to mention dedicated volume buttons (even this one is a deciding factor for me personally)
4 - usb OTG function which should at least be able to connect to NAND Flash drives (be it usb thumb drives or external ssd) or if the power supplied is good enough - to the external HDD, which to be honest, is a really big plus for some. 
5 - replaceable batteries - this in my opinion, is a pretty good move. I've read James fiios opinion on replacable batteries in the X5 thread and he said that power banks are way to go. for me personally, I'd rather carry an external storage and tiny pre-charged batteries, rather than a power bank AND external storage... YMMV...
6 - I'm not entirely sure about this one and I apologize in advance if this turns out to not be true, but the AMP section should be more powerful on DX50 compared to the X3.

we can only speculate on the rest until someone has both and does an exhaustive comparison...

I don't have any of them and I like both, but as of right now, I would choose DX50 over the X3.

Aug 23, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #2,602 of 3,609
Quote:
Well the obvious advantages of the DX50 over the X3 are:

1 - touchscreen interface, which makes it easier for the user to scroll through lots of music. doing that with physical buttons can be a bit tedious.
2 - better screen quality - it having ips technology is a big plus in sunlight...
3 - better layout of physical buttons - much more intuitive compared to the "slanted" style on the x3, not to mention dedicated volume buttons (even this one is a deciding factor for me personally)
4 - usb OTG function which should at least be able to connect to NAND Flash drives (be it usb thumb drives or external ssd) or if the power supplied is good enough - to the external HDD, which to be honest, is a really big plus for some. 
5 - replaceable batteries - this in my opinion, is a pretty good move. I've read James fiios opinion on replacable batteries in the X5 thread and he said that power banks are way to go. for me personally, I'd rather carry an external storage and tiny pre-charged batteries, rather than a power bank AND external storage... YMMV...
6 - I'm not entirely sure about this one and I apologize in advance if this turns out to not be true, but the AMP section should be more powerful on DX50 compared to the X3.

we can only speculate on the rest until someone has both and does an exhaustive comparison...

I don't have any of them and I like both, but as of right now, I would choose DX50 over the X3.

power bank and USB OTG are mutually exclusive, except there are 2 microUSB port, which i seriously doubt anyone will do it. Easily found user replaceable battery is the more elegant solution.

Aug 23, 2013 at 5:24 AM Post #2,603 of 3,609
Quote:
power bank and USB OTG are mutually exclusive, except there are 2 microUSB port, which i seriously doubt anyone will do it. Easily found user replaceable battery is the more elegant solution.

they can't be plugged at the same time, but at least you can recharge the battery on the go and then plug in the storage :D

Aug 23, 2013 at 5:25 AM Post #2,604 of 3,609
Quote:

If you really wanted to build yourself and ugly little stack, you could use a USB OTG y-split cable and get power as well as USB OTG at the same time 
smile.gif

Hell, you could build a desktop dock for your DX50 where you only need to plug in one cable to charge it and add your usb drive full of music.

Aug 23, 2013 at 5:35 AM Post #2,605 of 3,609
Quote:
If you really wanted to build yourself and ugly little stack, you could use a USB OTG y-split cable and get power as well as USB OTG at the same time 
smile.gif

Hell, you could build a desktop dock for your DX50 where you only need to plug in one cable to charge it and add your usb drive full of music.

hmmm, that could potentially solve the problem of energy consuming HDD, but that kind of setup will be a helluva brick :| 

Aug 23, 2013 at 5:54 AM Post #2,607 of 3,609
YOU TAKE THAT BACK! I LOVE MY DX100!!

...and it hurts so bad because you're right. God that thing is one ugly brick! But as is the case with the quirky UI; All is forgiven once the music plays. 

You crack me up! It sounds specswise like a killer unit, but I was put off just by the looks. Similar to smart girls.. What a shame, don't know What I'm missing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back