DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
May 19, 2013 at 4:37 AM Post #556 of 3,609
Quote:

Thanks Sorensiim 
smile.gif

The DX100 has been my daily companion since i got it and now looking to get a companion for it.

Android really seems to drag down battery life. Looking forward to this. 

1. Looks fantastic
2. If there is no sonic compromise to its larger brother, I am delighted as the DX100 is audibly transparent, very even frequency response and every non wanted parameter measures significantly below audible levels
3. Non android

Just hope the UI and stock firmware is good. Maybe rockbox one day?

May 19, 2013 at 4:52 AM Post #557 of 3,609
so i asked them for an update on the 50 and weather there would be a pre order discount . .. this is what i got..

I hope that means they'll be able to get an accurate eta come end of mth 
L3000.gif

May 19, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #558 of 3,609
Quote:

I hope that means they'll be able to get an accurate eta come end of mth 
L3000.gif

If they are smart, they will keep eta info to a minimum until they have actual production started. It always amazes me how upset consumers get when companies don't meet expected production times simply because they want it right before it gets to us.

May 19, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #559 of 3,609
Quote:
If they are smart, they will keep eta info to a minimum until they have actual production started. It always amazes me how upset consumers get when companies don't meet expected production times simply because they want it right before it gets to us.

point taken and agreed. well still uber excited though. if their eventual eta is close to my birthday it'll make it more exciting.. *fingers crossed*

May 19, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #560 of 3,609
Quote:
I really got to wake up. Either that or get more sleep because I completely missed it in the iBasso specs page, duhhhh.

WM8740 24 bit DAC chip <<<<<Does anyone here know anything about this DAC chip? Are we talking warm, neutral or analytical??? Anyone?

UPDATE:

Google can really be your friend. Taken from the Wolfson site
----------------------

Description

The WM8740 is a very high performance stereo DAC designed for audio applications such as CD, DVD, home theatre systems, set top boxes and digital TV. The WM8740 supports data input word lengths from 16 to 24-bits and sampling rates up to 192kHz. The WM8740 consists of a serial interface port, digital interpolation filter, multi-bit sigma delta modulator and stereo DAC in a small 28-pin SSOP package. The WM8740 also includes a digitally controllable mute and attenuator function on each channel.
The internal digital filter has two selectable roll-off characteristics. A sharp or slow roll-off can be selected dependent on application requirements. Additionally, the internal digital filter can be by-passed and the WM8740 used with an external digital filter.
The WM8740 supports two connection schemes for audio DAC control. The SPI-compatible serial control port provides access to a wide range of features including on-chip mute, attenuation and phase reversal. A hardware controllable interface is also available.

Features

1. 120dB SNR (’A’ weighted, mono @ 48kHz)
  2. 117dB SNR (’A’ weighted, stereo @ 48kHz)
  3. 104dB THD (’A’ weighted @ 48kHz)
  4. Sampling frequency : 8kHz - 192kHz
  5. Input data word : 16 to 24-bit
  6. Selectable digital low pass filter
  7. Optional interface to industry standard external filters
  8. Hardware or 3-wire SPI control
  9. Fully dfferential voltage outputs

Anyone here here have any experience with this chip?

So this menas that, the iBasso DX50 will have channel separation, because of the dual DAC's?

May 20, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #565 of 3,609
Quote:
Does DX50 support ALAC and 64GB MicroSD?
How much does it cost?

Is it that hard to look at the first post when the title claims thats where the specifications are and where both your questions are answered.... Yes and yes

May 20, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #566 of 3,609
No price yet, but hopefully less than $400.

May 20, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #567 of 3,609
Looks like a mid-July launch. Good things come to those who can wait!

May 20, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #568 of 3,609
Quote:
Is it that hard to look at the first post when the title claims thats where the specifications are and where both your questions are answered.... Yes and yes

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that...

May 20, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #569 of 3,609
Quote:
Looks like a mid-July launch. Good things come to those who can wait!

Links confirming a mid July launch my good sir

May 20, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #570 of 3,609
Code:
Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that...
I think the thread made to ask the price of the dx50, is that really were we're at now. I might make a thread asking what ibassos new player is called hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back