DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
May 18, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #541 of 3,609
Personally, the significance of the DX50 itself cannot be more understated presently.

A point which i find really exciting is that the operating system for the DX50 is not android.
So if iBasso has nailed the workings of the DX50 operating system, we could potentially see the DX100 successor come with it as well.

Read somewhere before that Android itself doesn't do justice to the sound quality and have been one of the factors holding back the true DX100 potential.
This could have led iBasso to spend resource on working a proprietary system that can overcome the shortcoming of Android, and one we'll see in DX50 soon.

That coupled with all the learning from DX100, we may yet see iBasso churn out even greater music players in future. This is company to watch for.

May 18, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #542 of 3,609
A point which i find really exciting is that the operating system for the DX50 is not android.
So if iBasso has nailed the workings of the DX50 operating system, we could potentially see the DX100 successor come with it as well.

Read somewhere before that Android itself doesn't do justice to the sound quality and have been one of the factors holding back the true DX100 potential.

The DX100 circumvents the Android audio subsystem, so no, that isn't holding it back. :wink:

May 18, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #543 of 3,609
I think I must be in the minority regarding Android... I would actually love nothing more than a device that would replay my stored music very well while still giving me access to MOG, Rhapsody, TuneIn, Audible, and any number of other audio services I use on a regular basis. I do despise glitches and UI fails though-- and those seem vastly more common in devices prior to the ICS update, which requires a bigger processor than the older OS's, which requires more power to run, which requires a bigger battery, etc etc. 

Someday my hero will come. 

May 18, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #544 of 3,609
I'm with you - that would be the ultimate music player for me also as long as battery life wasn't sacrificed.

May 18, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #545 of 3,609
May 18, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #546 of 3,609
why i cant wait to get a new phone.  my s3 used strictly as a dap, usb hosting the apex glacier. it will be epic.

May 18, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #547 of 3,609
I'm with you - that would be the ultimate music player for me also as long as battery life wasn't sacrificed.

Finally, someone understands what I've been talking about. There is a way, but you'll need a CPU that's has a highly efficient, yet low power output.

May 18, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #548 of 3,609
Quote:
The DX100 circumvents the Android audio subsystem, so no, that isn't holding it back. :wink:

Thanks Sorensiim 
smile.gif

The DX100 has been my daily companion since i got it and now looking to get a companion for it.

May 18, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #549 of 3,609
I'm surprised there's so many DX100 owners keeping an eye on the DX50. I was expecting more people along the cheapskate line like myself.
cool.gif

May 18, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #550 of 3,609
Quote:
Finally, someone understands what I've been talking about. There is a way, but you'll need a CPU that's has a highly efficient, yet low power output.

Some day for sure. Right now, I am listening to my 320 mp3's and flac files on my rockboxed clip zip (64G). But I also like to stream. We don't get MOG here in Canada (grrr), but I enjoy trance.fm and ektoplazm (both provide streaming at 320kbps), and I like soundcloud for exploring/finding new  music etc. If my clip zip handled streaming, I'd be very happy! But of course it doesn't, so for streaming I use my Tab2 (it has a wolfsen chip, and sounds decent enough). So yes, if I had my druthers I would have ONE small gizmo that has a great DAC and great amp such that it provides excellent SQ, has great battery life (and/or allows you to swap batteries), has preferably two microSD card slots, and allows for playing all of the pertinent file formats AND does streaming.

Btw, I tried using my phone as a DAP for a few years, and for various reasons, I realized that it works better for me to have a separate gizmo dedicated for music.

May 19, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #551 of 3,609
Quote:
I'm surprised there's so many DX100 owners keeping an eye on the DX50. I was expecting more people along the cheapskate line like myself.
cool.gif

Guess the DX100 left a good impression, so naturally will want to check out the DX50.

It's probably the same over at the iRiver AK100 and AK120 threads. Only the price is really quite the opposite.
redface.gif

May 19, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #552 of 3,609
Quote:
cool.gif

It is an unknown, though iBasso has a pretty good track record now and I would enjoy the size.

I did listen to the DX100 today after not using it for about 2 weeks because I wanted to get a real grasp of my modified AK100. I enjoy the AK100 but I could not believe the difference having really settled in with the AK. The DX100 is so much more spacious and transparent with excellent imaging and air around instruments or singers, IMO. I am anxious to hear the DX50.

May 19, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #554 of 3,609
Quote:
It is an unknown, though iBasso has a pretty good track record now and I would enjoy the size.

I did listen to the DX100 today after not using it for about 2 weeks because I wanted to get a real grasp of my modified AK100. I enjoy the AK100 but I could not believe the difference having really settled in with the AK. The DX100 is so much more spacious and transparent with excellent imaging and air around instruments or singers, IMO. I am anxious to hear the DX50.

the size of dx50 is amazing, so that it is portable more than dx100.
for outside using, especially for summer , the size of dap can not be ignored

May 19, 2013 at 4:33 AM Post #555 of 3,609
so i asked them for an update on the 50 and weather there would be a pre order discount . .. this is what i got..

Quote:
Hi,
Thank you for your concern.
We will keep update the DX50 page on our site. We will update the ETA once we firm our schedule.
We wont take pre-order this time.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back