DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
May 6, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #226 of 3,609
Quote:
If this is under $200, I;ll be thinking of it instead of X3.

Don't worry, my inside info says it will cost 20 USD and you can pick one up at your local 7 11 by the end of this month. If you're willing to spend an extra 5 big ones the 7 11 merchant will sell you a special very limited edition 7 11 branded DX50. On top of that you'll also get a free slurpee and a hotdog.
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #227 of 3,609
Don't worry, my inside info says it will cost 20 USD and you can pick one up at your local 7 11 by the end of this month. If you're willing to spend an extra 5 big ones the 7 11 merchant will sell you a special very limited edition 7 11 branded DX50. On top of that you'll also get a free slurpee and a hotdog.
:D
I might get both!

May 6, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #228 of 3,609
:D

LOL I'll have 5 please!

May 6, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #229 of 3,609
Quote:
3 wishes please

1. Long battery life (at least 20 hours on a single charge)
2. Should drive basic audiophile iems (W4R, EX1000 etc)
3. No rquirement for amping and dacing to other souces

It should work as is!

That's --> http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/31/cowon-d20-launches-in-japan-keeps-mp3-players-alive/

LOL

A lot of people hate the C2 (now D20) UI but they don't mind using the crappy HiSound/HifiMan interfaces... (yuck!).
I'm pretty happy with my C2, will wait for price to drop on the D20 and probably get it. After trying and being underwhelmed with the HiSound Studio DAP, I'm not spending more than $200 on a player... :p

May 7, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #230 of 3,609
So the question will be, is the DX50 an "upgrade/downgrade" on the DX100? Any guesses on the price? Anything close to the DX100's price and it'll be out of the running for me :frowning2:

May 7, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #231 of 3,609
I doubt it is here to overtake the DX100. They are just answering everyone's wishes regarding a smaller, more portable DAP with less power. Which is efficient at driving all IEMs while still having good battery life and sound quality. So I'd assume it would be cheaper than the DX100 but not necessarily half the price.

May 7, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #232 of 3,609
Quote:
I doubt it is here to overtake the DX100. They are just answering everyone's wishes regarding a smaller, more portable DAP with less power. Which is efficient at driving all IEMs while still having good battery life and sound quality. So I'd assume it would be cheaper than the DX100 but not necessarily half the price.

Meh. I could deal / consider anything around 400 USD. Anything higher is pushing it for me. I've started lugging the T1 along with me and enjoy it, and could potentially deal with another DAP. I don't want to have to connect/disconnect my phone all the time so I could, in theory, justify getting something at some point. Will wait on the DX50 to see what happens. 

May 8, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #234 of 3,609
Good news (maybe?) ibasso website is down, this could mean they are adding the product info for the DX50?

Or it could just be down :)

May 8, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #236 of 3,609
Quote:
Or it could just be down
smily_headphones1.gif

We, The Ibasso Faithful, know this happens a lot. They have outages.

We, The Ones Who Understand Websites, know that you can update a web page without taking down the entire site. 
wink.gif

May 8, 2013 at 6:28 AM Post #237 of 3,609
Quote:
We, The Ibasso Faithful, know this happens a lot. They have outages.

We, The Ones Who Understand Websites, know that you can update a web page without taking down the entire site. 
wink.gif

LOL, yes, I can recall this happening a number of times in the run-up to the DX100, and each time it had nothing to do with an update, just, as you say, a random outage.

But that's not intended to distract from the enthusiastic spirit of audionewbi's post - lord knows, we'd all be very happy if it really is because of adding the DX50 to the website!
beerchug.gif

May 8, 2013 at 6:43 AM Post #238 of 3,609
Quote:

LOL, yes, I can recall this happening a number of times in the run-up to the DX100, and each time it had nothing to do with an update, just, as you say, a random outage.

But that's not intended to distract from the enthusiastic spirit of audionewbi's post - lord knows, we'd all be very happy if it really is because of adding the DX50 to the website!
beerchug.gif

Agreed - I'd love to se the DX50 featured on the website when it came back up! 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back