DX220 Thread for software requests.
May 23, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #137 of 418
Did I submit my issue under the wrong thread?

No, this is precisely the thread for that kind of issues.I read somewhere a similar problem and the owner fixed it changing the channels on router, you can do it on the router configurations.
My 2 cents

May 23, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #140 of 418
If you are doing the update via wifi the change log will be on the screen while it downloads. There was a post in the DX220 thread for this update with screen shots of the change log, just have to look around for it by the date it was released.

Thank you. I updated the firmware locally. So far the previous issues I mentioned with the Tidal apk seem to be resolved. I'll take a look at the other thread to see if I can find the Screenshot you mentioned. Your assistance is greatly appreciated @DaYooper.

May 24, 2019 at 12:12 AM Post #141 of 418
So I've discussed the custom ROM/firmware/software some more with WindowsX and can confirm that the effect is much more pronounced on Android OS. I actually prefer listening to Android OS with it. In his words iBasso's Mango OS is to a large extent its own thing while Android OS can be fully optimized. I think it's obvious that iBasso's Android OS is really behind in sound quality in comparison to what it could sound like. While I'm unable at this point to conclude that Fidelizer Advanced Android OS is better sounding than iBasso Mango OS, partly because I didn't know what to focus on, I think that those who use streaming services could benefit a lot from this ROM. It's doing something right that iBasso isn't.

By the way,

this so-called reviewer who is also on this forum did not know to use Mango OS over Android OS. I think it's smart to do a better job of conveying that Mango OS sounds better than Android OS on the iBasso firmware. I learned this through the forum, and there was a poster who had a DX200 and never realized he should try Mango OS for a sound improvement. I think at least once a pop-up should appear prompting people to switch to Mango OS in order to experience an improvement for music on the DAP or on an SD card. Maybe it's also a good idea to include something in the box encouraging people to try Mango OS.

May 24, 2019 at 12:55 AM Post #142 of 418
Please let's stay on track or it get to hard to keep track of issues or questions.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 24, 2019 at 1:34 AM Post #143 of 418
Would be nice to have a native mobile app to control the Mango player via Bluetooth. Have tried other apps like Hiby Music but have experienced some issues with it...

May 24, 2019 at 5:09 AM Post #144 of 418
IMG_20190523_165230.jpg

May 24, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #146 of 418
@Paul - iBasso

Suggestion for Mango Android.
if we go back from album to the main list, is it possible to come out in view of album that we just enter... not from above / beginning of the list...?

In Pure Mango OS, is doing what I wanted...

May 24, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #147 of 418
@Paul - iBasso

Suggestion for Mango Android.
if we go back from album to the main list, is it possible to come out in view of album that we just enter... not from above / beginning of the list...?

In Pure Mango OS, is doing what I wanted...

Unfortunately, this still only works in Mango OS Album list view and not grid view. Grid view still takes you back the beginning of the list. It would be great if list view and grid view would both retain your position instead going back to the start.

May 26, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #148 of 418
Unfortunately, this still only works in Mango OS Album list view and not grid view. Grid view still takes you back the beginning of the list. It would be great if list view and grid view would both retain your position instead going back to the start.
See my early post - I requested that a return should
I requested this earlier in the thread as well - all returns should remember position in the prior listing/menu. The folder/directory browse mode does a much better job on this - if you haven't tried it.

Cheers,
Tim

May 27, 2019 at 1:53 AM Post #149 of 418
Is it possible to add an option in sound setting to choose "Output everything to DSD format".

I have seen this option in Fiio M11(sorry to mention other dap) and I think it could be a good.function in dx220 as well since dsd is processed via XMOS chip. Sound should be cleaner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back