DX220 Thread for software requests.
May 30, 2019 at 5:36 AM Post #166 of 418
@Paul - iBasso - wondering if you would be so kind as to update periodically which requests are being prioritised into next firmware releases?

Maybe as a community we can restructure further requests in a track able table instead of free format requests.

If I find some time will put a table together of items raised so far... Darn work keeps getting in the way!

There are compromises to be taken, requests to be dropped, ideas to be merged, to be split. During the development stages, some work in progress may have to be disregarded, etc.
So it may be easier for developers to just collect ideas and requests even quadruplicated and keep that "track list" private, avoiding also some "pressure" from the public on the development team
Just IMHO

May 30, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #167 of 418
Hello @Paul - iBasso Thank you for allowing us to submit issues and enhancement requests.

So far I'm happy with the Mango OS. There's just one thing I'd really love it to have, the letter scroll just like below. Scrolling through 1000+ is a pain without this :frowning2: Thank you!

252b900c11ac21781b72c786f5d83435.png
@Paul - iBasso - speaking of priorities and what is being worked on, etc - this early request would make a significant improvement in the user interaction to quickly navigate long lists of artists, albums, songs, etc instead of scrolling down and up to get to where we want. Is the software team considering, or better yet working on, this request?

Kind Regards,
Tim

May 30, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #168 of 418
@Paul - iBasso - speaking of priorities and what is being worked on, etc - this early request would make a significant improvement in the user interaction to quickly navigate long lists of artists, albums, songs, etc instead of scrolling down and up to get to where we want. Is the software team considering, or better yet working on, this request?

Kind Regards,
Tim
What about when there are numbers in the title first?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 30, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #169 of 418
It's Android! Why not to install a dedicated app for books?
Yes, that was my first idea too, the best audiobook player I can find needs play store to verify the licence, Is it possible to get play store purchased software to run on the DX220 ?
All the other book playes are just horrible.

May 30, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #170 of 418
@Paul - iBasso i found out that MangoOS isn’t working correctly with some 16/352.8 kHz...11294kbps. There would be sometime that it freezes up and automatic display the setting screen with no sound....randomly when there is a transistor pop like it is switching clock or so. The Mango Player in Android will work just fine
I don't have a file like that. I would need one sent by WeTransfer to service@yahoo.com.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 30, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #172 of 418
a new firmware is now available for installation from ibasso website

May 30, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #174 of 418
Try to follow the link in my signature...
Hi Lurker0, Thank you for the offer but I want to stay with stock firmware. I make custom roms for my phones to play with stuff. But just for audiobooks on my DX220 and bookmarks that would be a step too far for me.

It is nice to see enthusiasts taking the time to make custom ROM's though, Good Job.

May 30, 2019 at 7:08 PM Post #177 of 418
DX220 1.11.140

Change Log:
1. The minimum brightness has been lowered.
2. Quick charge notice added to the locked screen. Now you can see that your DX220 is in the quick charge mode. (Android OS)
3. Wavpack format (.wv) is now supported.
4. Rectified the bug that when playing MQA at 192kHz, there may be some stuttering to the sound.
5. Rectified the possibility that the USB-DAC function becomes mono output.
6. Added, add, to the current playing music of the playlist, and delete to the current playing music functions of the music info screen on the Mango player APP. (Android OS)

May 30, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #179 of 418
@Lurker0 Does your custom rom alter the sound quality in Android? Does it affect Mango OS at all?

No it doesn't. Below is optimisation/add-on.

Android
  • Google Play Store added.
  • Magisk can be used to install additional modules, and to provide root access.
  • USB Audio application, which is also useful for its System settings.
  • Custom build of HibyMusic, which plays bit perfect PCM up to 32/384kHz with no additional efforts, and fully compatible with USB Audio application for bit perfect DSD and SACD ISO playback.
  • 126MHz CPU frequency added (216MHz is officially lowest), which is enough for most tasks.
  • Overall performance increased.
  • During music playback, the device is managed to prevent idle state tasks.
  • Better thermal control, to prevent overheating.
  • The process of device registration is much simplified (required to make Google Play Services work on uncertified device).
Mango
  • Removed Android services, that are not used in this mode.
  • Performance increased.
Common
  • Safer parameters of battery charger to prevent overheating.

We should stick to topic, which is firmware optimisation request or bug reporting, to IBasso. Other queries can be posted on main DX220 thread.

Last edited:
May 30, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #180 of 418
@Paul - iBasso;

Please consider adding the parmetric equalizer to the MangoOS version and increasing the number of filters/bands to 10. The PEQ in the Android Mango version is very good but 6 bands is too few for some headphone/iem adjustments. The Shure KSE1200 could use the extra filters to smooth out its' response curve.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back