DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Dec 26, 2021 at 3:00 AM Post #13,309 of 13,478
Hi, was trying to download the latest firmware 1.19.324 from ibasso.com.
Seems no file is download after clicking on the link (using both Window & Mac).
Does anybody seeing the same problem pls?
the guys already mentioned to right click and then "save link as..."

1640505565705.png

Dec 26, 2021 at 6:29 AM Post #13,310 of 13,478
iBasso DX220 Purist ROM version V1.19.324

-Based on iBasso DX220 firmware version V1.19.324
-PerfectDynamics 3.0 Sound Optimizations applied
-Google Play Store added
-Apollo – Fidelity Edition from https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/apollo-music-player-fidelity-edition-t3038629 included
-MangoPlayer app is ported from DX160 V1.07.250 (DX300 version)
-build.prop tweaks for better video and storage performance and improve battery life
-Audio engine optimized for only audio playback (EQ/Gaplass features work)

https://www.fidelizer-audio.com/ibasso-dx220-purist-rom-version-v1-19-324-released/

Dec 26, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #13,311 of 13,478
I downloaded it with the link, and updated.
I just tried the link and it is still working.
note, window will warn and need user click to continue downloading.

Dec 26, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #13,312 of 13,478
Highlight and copy the link, open a new web page, right click in the address bar and select "paste and go". For some reason, clicking on the link is disabled.
Hope this helps...
Cheers! :beerchug:
-HK sends

Dec 27, 2021 at 6:51 AM Post #13,313 of 13,478
Hi there, sadly my dx220 doesn't boot.
So I have copied the newest update to the SD card but that shows only the message from the photo.
I have fidelizer Mod in the player. Does that depends maybe on that?

Friendly greets and thx in advance

Attachments

• IMG_20211227_124611__01.jpg
    IMG_20211227_124611__01.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Dec 27, 2021 at 6:57 AM Post #13,315 of 13,478
Yes, also have tried It without amp Module like I've read here in the chat 🤕
In the root menù I have tried all Option.
Except factory reset, but before I do that I thought to call for Help because there is still some music on the player...

Thx in advance

Dec 29, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #13,316 of 13,478
Yes, also have tried It without amp Module like I've read here in the chat 🤕
In the root menù I have tried all Option.
Except factory reset, but before I do that I thought to call for Help because there is still some music on the player...

Thx in advance
If you have to flash the player through a computer and you need to save music to the internal memory, then flash the Fidelizer, it does not format the internal memory. Factory firmware will erase all data.

Dec 30, 2021 at 1:53 AM Post #13,317 of 13,478
Well, my DX220, 20 months old, just died, completely died, suddenly. Music stopped, screen dead, won't take charge. Was around 75% battery at the time. It's slightly warm at the top of the unit. It's not a hot day here in Australia, only 24 degrees Celsius. Was sitting on my bed next to me as I was playing on my PS4. I think it has a odd smell, the problem is my sense of smell is shot since I gave up smoking 20 years ago.

I'm letting it be for a bit to see if it cools down or not. Then will plug it back into the charger and see what happens.

NOT a happy camper. My AK 120II, heavily used, is 8-9 years old now. Still runs without issue.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any suggestions? My local retailer is closed cos of the Christmas/New Year's break, so I probably won't be able to call them until the new year.

Dec 30, 2021 at 1:58 AM Post #13,318 of 13,478
Well, my DX220, 20 months old, just died, completely died, suddenly. Music stopped, screen dead, won't take charge. Was around 75% battery at the time. It's slightly warm at the top of the unit. It's not a hot day here in Australia, only 24 degrees Celsius. Was sitting on my bed next to me as I was playing on my PS4. I think it has a odd smell, the problem is my sense of smell is shot since I gave up smoking 20 years ago.

I'm letting it be for a bit to see if it cools down or not. Then will plug it back into the charger and see what happens.

NOT a happy camper. My AK 120II, heavily used, is 8-9 years old now. Still runs without issue.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any suggestions? My local retailer is closed cos of the Christmas/New Year's break, so I probably won't be able to call them until the new year.
I had experienced the same issue A few times since I have it.
try to search reset/reboot approach in this thread, it helps every time.

I remember it involves connect to pc with usb cable.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2021 at 2:05 AM Post #13,319 of 13,478
I'll try and find the instructions...and test. This shouldn't happen on such a young device that has been lovingly cared for.

edit: found some instructions after a lengthy search - press power + play button to reset. Some posts suggested doing this when connected to a PC. I just tried to reset it without any luck. The top of the player is still warm after 30 minutes (wasn't turned on as far as I can tell, not plugged into the charger) but should have cooled down by now imho. I'm saying warm, not hot. In no way is it hot enough to burn the fingers or even be uncomfortable, it is slightly warmer than lukewarm. I don't think I've ever noticed it warm like this before though. To be fair, it's usually in my pocket...

I have just plugged it into PC (didn't do a reset whilst connected to PC, ONLY connected it to the PC) and the screen flashed on for a second saying "charging". Battery charge showed ~50% on the screen battery/charge display circular icon. Powered on too, screen is 100% working and the unit is booting up. Music seems intact (screen came up with the last song that I was part of the way through playing). Battery is at 63% (confirmed after unit start up). Seems to now respond to playing music (no headphones plugged into the unit at the moment).

Seems to be working now. I will plug it into the charger and see if it starts to charge or not. I will re-test with the IEMS that I was using (3.5mm unbalanced).

This is really weird.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2021 at 3:17 AM Post #13,320 of 13,478
I'll try and find the instructions...and test. This shouldn't happen on such a young device that has been lovingly cared for.

edit: found some instructions after a lengthy search - press power + play button to reset. Some posts suggested doing this when connected to a PC. I just tried to reset it without any luck. The top of the player is still warm after 30 minutes (wasn't turned on as far as I can tell, not plugged into the charger) but should have cooled down by now imho. I'm saying warm, not hot. In no way is it hot enough to burn the fingers or even be uncomfortable, it is slightly warmer than lukewarm. I don't think I've ever noticed it warm like this before though. To be fair, it's usually in my pocket...

I have just plugged it into PC (didn't do a reset whilst connected to PC, ONLY connected it to the PC) and the screen flashed on for a second saying "charging". Battery charge showed ~50% on the screen battery/charge display circular icon. Powered on too, screen is 100% working and the unit is booting up. Music seems intact (screen came up with the last song that I was part of the way through playing). Battery is at 63% (confirmed after unit start up). Seems to now respond to playing music (no headphones plugged into the unit at the moment).

Seems to be working now. I will plug it into the charger and see if it starts to charge or not. I will re-test with the IEMS that I was using (3.5mm unbalanced).

This is really weird.

My unit was also frozen couple of weeks ago. Followed advice from somebody to hold the power button for 15 secs for a reset, then plug it to a USB charger to charge it again, and it works ok now.

Don't know if it would help, but guess no harm to give it a try mate.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back