DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Feb 14, 2020 at 8:55 PM Post #11,000 of 13,478
DX220 is really bright ... You guys pair the DX220 with very warm headphones ? Or fix it with EQ ? Otherwise I can't really figure out how can people enjoy this thing's sound while it is that bright.
You are loving it really. Seem to be listening to it more than most :)

Feb 14, 2020 at 9:39 PM Post #11,002 of 13,478
Why don't you sell it? You seem to not like it at all... Look like for you dx220 is the worst dap ever!
And it is a good time to do it too. M15, lotoo 6000 you name it. I personally love my dx220. Specially with all my mods. That "brightness" with this staging seperation and detail, it is just perfect combo.

Feb 14, 2020 at 11:31 PM Post #11,003 of 13,478
I would just sell it and stick with Mojo or Galaxy S10 and call it a day. I don’t know why you prefer both of those and still sticking with dx220.

in this hobby, there are plenty people who moves on from their DAP or devices for a losses in search for the devices that they prefer

Feb 14, 2020 at 11:39 PM Post #11,004 of 13,478
Maybe he just doesn't know where to sell.

Feb 15, 2020 at 1:53 AM Post #11,005 of 13,478
I agree. Sabre DACs, at least ES9028PRO is quite bright so is the DX220
I don't really understand the design idea of this , such a bright DAC will sound unpleasing to most people using neutral-bright headphones. The idea is to achieve good sound when paired with warm cans ?
BS!
ES9028PRO is neutral and not bright.
There are plenty of different devices with an implemented ES9028PRO and reviews telling a different story.

DX220 is really bright ... You guys pair the DX220 with very warm headphones ? Or fix it with EQ ? Otherwise I can't really figure out how can people enjoy this thing's sound while it is that bright.

The brightest thing seems to be your mind here.
I agree with the others that you should sell your DX220 and move on.You convinced everybody here that you are not satisfied with your DX220.
When i read your other bashings in other threads i'm not convinced that audio or especially headphones are the right hobby for you.

Feb 15, 2020 at 2:06 AM Post #11,006 of 13,478
which iems or headphones r u using

Feb 15, 2020 at 3:00 AM Post #11,007 of 13,478

Do you ever go and listen to live bands? Try standing near a drummer and listen to REAL cymbals. They are crisper and brighter than practically any DAP/iem combination I've heard. Coming from HiFi, I hate that Head-fi gear is too often rolled off for a new generation that dislikes lifelike treble :)

Feb 15, 2020 at 3:10 AM Post #11,008 of 13,478
synergy between iems and daps always should be taken in consideration

for me;

Sony ier z1r and noble khan sound best on ibasso dx220
jhaudio lola , jh audio roxanne and noble encore brass : sound best on cayin n6ii

so maybe he is not having perfect synergy so either he sells his dap or he gets a new iem or headphone

Feb 15, 2020 at 4:53 AM Post #11,010 of 13,478
synergy between iems and daps always should be taken in consideration

for me;

Sony ier z1r and noble khan sound best on ibasso dx220
jhaudio lola , jh audio roxanne and noble encore brass : sound best on cayin n6ii

so maybe he is not having perfect synergy so either he sells his dap or he gets a new iem or headphone
I am a fan of electronic music. Certain genres. I takes effort to find that kind of music produced and mastered well.
A lot of it, specially the popular sub genres are aimed at normal consumer with cheap gear where producers overdo higher FR to make it sound better on that kind of earphones/source.
I my experience R&B or similar subgenres are probably the worst mastered genre i have ever heard. Though i have not listened to many track.

What i am trying to say genre can be another issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back