DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jan 8, 2020 at 10:50 AM Post #10,036 of 13,478
Have a goodnight. I would switch to Android to charge overnight. The Android has better managements.

Here's some update:
Turn on my unit after woke up, battery become 70%. I guess battery is charging in mango mode but battery percentage failed to refresh to latest number.

Then, i did performed factory reset and this round i charge my battery in android mode using using Anker QC charger. But i can only see it showed "charging". Is this the right behaviour ?

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #10,037 of 13,478
Here's some update:
Turn on my unit after woke up, battery become 70%. I guess battery is charging in mango mode but battery percentage failed to refresh to latest number.

Then, i did performed factory reset and this round i charge my battery in android mode using using Anker QC charger. But i can only see it showed "charging". Is this the right behaviour ?
The only time it shows charging sphere is when it is on standby or deep sleep mode. When it is, just use the power button press-hold steps and it should be back on in no time. Not sure if you ever set it in standby mode on android ? I don’t play around too much with AndroidOS

Jan 8, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #10,038 of 13,478
What is the latest DX220 firmware at the moment ? 1.15.223 which can be downloaded from the iBasso website ?

I guess you mean 1.15.233 (1.15.223 doesn't exist), yes this is the latest one at the moment.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #10,040 of 13,478
I had this "issue" too and someone told me few pages ago that this is something regarding the firmware which basically decrease the sound -6db on the sound when you enable the EQ in order to avoid any damage on your ears because you can have created an EQ profile with everything very high and if suddenly you turn on the EQ it can damage your ears, I know that its annoying but it makes sense in fact
That was me in this post: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx2...ilable-and-dc01.898388/page-664#post-15399526

To summarize:
1) For FW 1.13.202 and prior when EQ is turned On there is a -6dB application prior to whatever you set the sliders to. Set them all to +6 and there is no change between EQ On and Off. PEQ (only in Android mode) settings are direct without any drop being applied first - don't be alarmed if you apply too much gain and end up with clipping/distortion - just reduce the gain if this happens and not a broken/damaged DX220.
2) For FW 1.15.233 when EQ is turned on there is a huge drop that is much greater than -12dB applied prior to any user settings - bad enough that I reverted to 1.13.202. Not sure if any changes were implemented for PEQ - maybe someone on the current FW can check on this and report their findings.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Tim

Jan 8, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #10,041 of 13,478
I had this "issue" too and someone told me few pages ago that this is something regarding the firmware which basically decrease the sound -6db on the sound when you enable the EQ in order to avoid any damage on your ears because you can have created an EQ profile with everything very high and if suddenly you turn on the EQ it can damage your ears, I know that its annoying but it makes sense in fact

I don´t think its to avoid damage to the ears on the 1st place, although I agree it also helps that purpose.
I think its to avoid clipping and the consequent distortion, they lower -6db in the whole spectrum and then you can tweak up/down each frequency "under control". So then you can rise volume to desired level and get the clipping again LOL...

But then, as you have to rise the whole volume again for normal listening, if you forget that "detail" and disable the equalizer, that's the moment when you'll probably blow your ears ... :anguished:

So I think iBasso should leave the level at 0 when activating equalizer.
My 2 cents

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #10,042 of 13,478
You are not wrong, mango has better bass than Android-Mango. It could be observed to be more, or less...but the differences is real

3-1/2 hours is not normal, contact Paul for new battery I guess ?
Thx
i sent him an email, he responded asking me serial number,
hoping to get a fresh battery
:L3000:

Jan 8, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #10,043 of 13,478
That was me in this post: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx2...ilable-and-dc01.898388/page-664#post-15399526

To summarize:
1) For FW 1.13.202 and prior when EQ is turned On there is a -6dB application prior to whatever you set the sliders to. Set them all to +6 and there is no change between EQ On and Off. PEQ (only in Android mode) settings are direct without any drop being applied first - don't be alarmed if you apply too much gain and end up with clipping/distortion - just reduce the gain if this happens and not a broken/damaged DX220.
2) For FW 1.15.233 when EQ is turned on there is a huge drop that is much greater than -12dB applied prior to any user settings - bad enough that I reverted to 1.13.202. Not sure if any changes were implemented for PEQ - maybe someone on the current FW can check on this and report their findings.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Tim
I have the firmware 1.14.203 strange right?
does not make me go back to 1.13 .. how should I do?
firmware.jpg

Jan 8, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #10,045 of 13,478
I have the firmware 1.14.203 strange right?
does not make me go back to 1.13 .. how should I do?
Try these steps:
1) Go to iBasso download page: http://www.ibasso.com/down.php and select one of the older FW full packages (not an update) and download to your computer and unzip it. The 1.08.050 file Paul provided in the first post of this thread gives an error message when I tried to use it (others have reported this as well).
2) Download and install on your computer the Android Tool the Paul provides a link to in the first post: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx2...-1st-page-amp9-now-available-and-dc01.898388/
I received security warning message about unsigned drivers, etc - so you will need to decide if you want to proceed. I did and my computer hasn't self-destructed yet.
3) Run the Android Tool to install the update on your DX220. Make sure when you connect the DX220 to your computer (via cable) that you are in Android mode and have set the DX220 for transferring files and not charging.
4) You should be able to select the img file from above and your DX220 to then perform the update.
5) Once this successfully completes I did a factory reset to make sure everything was working.
6) Download 1.13.202 and update the DX220 via local method. Do a factory reset and if all goes well you should be good to go with this FW.

I spent about 2 hours to get this all done after several failed attempts various versions. My persistence was rewarded but it was quite an obstacle course to navigate.

Good Luck!

Tim

Jan 8, 2020 at 6:31 PM Post #10,048 of 13,478
hi, my dx220 while running is suddenly turned off and no longer turns on with the battery at 32%, is it a defective unit?
Have you tried holding the power button down for 10 seconds or more? If that does not work try connecting to your computer via USB cable as that has helped a few folks.

You could also try letting it sit for a few hours or overnight to see if that helps.

Anyone else have suggestions here?

Cheers,
Tim

P.S. Regarding FW 1.14 - that version is not available on the iBasso download portal. Probably a factory installed version that was not deemed necessary for widespread release. You could still try going back to an earlier FW if the dramatic drop with EQ is bothersome.

Jan 9, 2020 at 2:10 AM Post #10,049 of 13,478
Another day in the office... (about the same battery topic, of course)

Today I did a longer trip than the usual one I do on my day by day. Battery started at 93%, I was listening for one hour and a half and it dropped to 72%. Taking this information as a truth and considering that:

- Starting on 100% it always provides you a better average than starting from another % as 100% its like a "fake" %, I mean, its not the same going from 100 to 99 than 99 to 98, always drops more quickly going from 99 to 98 than 100 to 99 (it applies to mobile phones and so on, try it, its true). So I can state that this % drop its at least, more real than start fresh from 100%
- Taking into account that at least me, I never let any gadget go out less than 15%
- I can consider that using it on this way, I can have something like 6 hours (rounding) which for me its, by far, a marvellous average.

But its quite strange because this average its veeeeeeery inestable, I always play on 99% of the time FLAC (and most of them are 16 bit), just sometimes I play some mp3 with random bitrate so, its supposed to be always the same statistics and nope, I have some random numbers... In any case, im a little bit less worried as I see that I can reach the numbers that actually I have, so its a matter of other reason than the battery, im not sure where is but I will find it.

In any case, happy with the device and of course, enjoying the music (mainly xD)

Jan 9, 2020 at 2:43 AM Post #10,050 of 13,478
Have you tried holding the power button down for 10 seconds or more? If that does not work try connecting to your computer via USB cable as that has helped a few folks.

You could also try letting it sit for a few hours or overnight to see if that helps.

Anyone else have suggestions here?

Cheers,
Tim

P.S. Regarding FW 1.14 - that version is not available on the iBasso download portal. Probably a factory installed version that was not deemed necessary for widespread release. You could still try going back to an earlier FW if the dramatic drop with EQ is bothersome.
I understand, but it is very annoying to wait 1 hour to be able to use it, then I am afraid that it will turn off at 30% the battery will be damaged, because then it turns off and does not turn on for hours?
ps about the fw does not make me go back to 1.13 .. how do I do it
Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back