DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jan 7, 2020 at 5:33 AM Post #10,006 of 13,478
I don't really trust the battery read outs from the device. I timed by the time i press play till the battery nearly runs out.
But for me 6~7hours+ battery life is good for the sound quality i'm getting. I have quickcharger in office which i spend most of my time & a 20k qc powerbank in my bag for emergency lols. :gs1000smile:
Which charger are you using? Im thinking on buy a very good one but as we don't have QC under Mango OS, swap from one OS to another just for the QC its annoying...

You know what? F*ck everything, im gonna enjoy the music and that's all, right? I don't care if I need to charge on 4 or 8 hours because in fact I always have a charger with me if its at home or at work so I don't care about it, it was very annoying because I can't understand some things but I will try to forget about the numbers and just enjoy the music :)

Jan 7, 2020 at 6:11 AM Post #10,007 of 13,478
Hi @iMongui, for what I've read in this forum from several users, I believe battery life depends mostly of the amplifiers and the headphones, 16/24 bits, etc. come after those.
Using my IEMS which are 17 ohms with AMP9 I really get 7-8 hours as this test I did a few months ago using random 16/24 bit and even DSDs. Gain was medium and volume around 40 (Mango)
Using my Focal Clear which is 55 ohms on the same conditions as above (+ high gain) I get around 5-6 hours, I didn't test/chrono, that's my perception from everyday use.

So I wonder how much battery life with other combos, like AMP8 and current angry headphones? probably those 4-5 hours or less.
Surely if wasn't in this forum and I only knew my personal experience, I would never suspect that DX220 would exhaust battery on 4 hours, this to say that I find perfectly legitimate the battery life specs for DX220 as advertised by iBasso.
My 2 cents
Im using IMR Rah. Which are 15mm DD/piezo ceramic +10mm planar hybrids. so they are thirsty for an iem i suppose. That might be why i only managed 6hrs with default amp.

Jan 7, 2020 at 6:21 AM Post #10,008 of 13,478
@iMongui Yeah man! Enjoy the music! Numbers is a pain.
Btw just get a 18watt 3~5amp qc/pd charger & above is ok. Try not to get those so called intelligent chargers as they are dumb most of the time lols. Mine actually will default to slow charge @0.5amp when it gets dumb.
If i'm not wrong mango os still quickcharges, just that its not shown.

Jan 7, 2020 at 6:26 AM Post #10,009 of 13,478
@iMongui Yeah man! Enjoy the music! Numbers is a pain.
Btw just get a 18watt 3~5amp qc/pd charger & above is ok. Try not to get those so called intelligent chargers as they are dumb most of the time lols. Mine actually will default to slow charge @0.5amp when it gets dumb.
If i'm not wrong mango os still quickcharges, just that its not shown.
Any recommendation for a good charger?

EDIT: This one? https://www.amazon.es/dp/B0751DHYXC...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #10,010 of 13,478
Please help guys,

I've been using stock dx220 and it just shut down during music play.
Battery was on 20ish percent, the dap is now unresponsive when I plug it to charge, I've tried holding the power button for 10 secs also and I just can't get it to respond.

Has anyone had something like this happen?
Please help, I'm really worried here :frowning2:

Jan 7, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #10,011 of 13,478
Please help guys,

I've been using stock dx220 and it just shut down during music play.
Battery was on 20ish percent, the dap is now unresponsive when I plug it to charge, I've tried holding the power button for 10 secs also and I just can't get it to respond.

Has anyone had something like this happen?
Please help, I'm really worried here :frowning2:

just plug it in the charger and check back once every 15 minutes. I usually do that. You can also hold the power for 10-15 seconds and see if it boots up.

Jan 7, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #10,012 of 13,478
just plug it in the charger and check back once every 15 minutes. I usually do that. You can also hold the power for 10-15 seconds and see if it boots up.
Okey , it has been on a charge since last hour. I noticed it getting warm still while charging but still not responsive. I even tried holding the button for a whole minute , tried hooking it up to a several different pcs and nothing :'(

Jan 7, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #10,013 of 13,478
Okey , it has been on a charge since last hour. I noticed it getting warm still while charging but still not responsive. I even tried holding the button for a whole minute , tried hooking it up to a several different pcs and nothing :'(
Keep trying it. Sometimes it triggers sleep state by itself. Mine just did that, and I held down power button for 15 seconds, then released, and then held down another 15 seconds and she goes back up

seems like a little bug in the firmware or so. Keep trying the power button cycles and she should get back up

Jan 7, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #10,015 of 13,478
mine is also having some weird problem on battery. Charging while device is off, after 2 hours of charging. Turn on my device, and omg it just 44%. Most of the time using pd charge mode to charge my DX220.

this consider normal ?
Yes, it happens to me too. The quick charge is firmware controlled. Somehow charging it when it is off = the slowest charging speed possible. I found out that if you need quick charge or fast charge, Android Os is your friend

Jan 7, 2020 at 10:59 AM Post #10,016 of 13,478
Yes, it happens to me too. The quick charge is firmware controlled. Somehow charging it when it is off = the slowest charging speed possible. I found out that if you need quick charge or fast charge, Android Os is your friend

update: after finished listening one song in mango mode, battery shoot up to 46%. I never encounter this in previous firmware.

Hmm.... kinda late here, going bed soon. i will turn it off and check again the battery level on tomorrow morning.

Jan 7, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #10,017 of 13,478
update: after finished listening one song in mango mode, battery shoot up to 46%. I never encounter this in previous firmware.

Hmm.... kinda late here, going bed soon. i will turn it off and check again the battery level on tomorrow morning.
Have a goodnight. I would switch to Android to charge overnight. The Android has better managements.

Jan 7, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #10,018 of 13,478
Jan 7, 2020 at 6:45 PM Post #10,019 of 13,478
B89ACE63-EF36-44C1-B63E-CC8F536E4E91.jpeg

9E2590B1-BF88-4590-93D2-B4C7EF7EA709.jpeg
Nice to be back listening to dx220/music after having a holiday away and about.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #10,020 of 13,478
This worked !
Left it on a charger for a few hours and after coming back it booted up just fine !

Thank you for your advice @Whitigir !
I went from to despair to joy in just a few hours xD

Keep trying it. Sometimes it triggers sleep state by itself. Mine just did that, and I held down power button for 15 seconds, then released, and then held down another 15 seconds and she goes back up

seems like a little bug in the firmware or so. Keep trying the power button cycles and she should get back up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back