DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jan 9, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #10,066 of 13,478
I got the fidelizer main chassis mod and can clearly hear the vast improvement on dynamics and separation. Amazing clarity with multidimensional separation in grand scale
The bass is also more controlled. The amp8exfe really shines now.

Jan 9, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #10,067 of 13,478
I am not sure what you mean by locked? If you have the DX in the sleep mode, then the power button is required to wake it so that the buttons then work.
Yes, locked. But it doesn’t make sense because I can change track with the player in the pocket while it’s locked, ok. But when I’m a the office listening and for example I left the device paused and go to the bathroom, once I come back (3 minutes for example) and wants to start again the music, I push the play button and it doesn’t work. I need to push the power button, the screen turns up and then yes, the physical play button works. It’s strange

Jan 9, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #10,069 of 13,478
There are settings for how long before the unit goes to sleep, just sayin.
Yes but I’m not using this option, I turn off manually. The thing is, the system is still running, it’s just something related with the play button and some waiting time, it looks like if it stops to work or I don’t know

Jan 9, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #10,071 of 13,478
As an only over-ear headphone user so far I plan to join the IEM world. What is the best option up to $1500 to pair with DX228? Solaris no brainer ?

Depends on your preferred sound signature.

Jan 9, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #10,076 of 13,478
I've always preferred neutral sound signatures and Solaries being reviewed like that. Is Solaris the way to go as my first IEM purchase ?
I have only heard the Solaris for 20 minutes or so but to my ears it sounded balanced or mildly U shaped. Others may have a different opinion. My only experience of neutral has been the ER4XR which is an acquired taste.

Jan 9, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #10,078 of 13,478
Depends on your preferred sound signature.

I've always preferred neutral sound signatures and Solaries being reviewed like that. Is Solaris the way to go as my first IEM purchase ?

Everyone is comparing Andromeda vs Solaris, what is your take ? And do they hiss out of DX228 ?
do you have access to Demo it?
and Sunstealer was right, do you know ur prefer sound sig / cup of tea.

if you have option to refund, well, used it.
Solaris and DX220 AMp1Mk2 will be reference sound sig.

Hiss, all Andro (except SE, haven't tried) and Solaris (OG & SE) have waterfall hiss. it can be neglected when the song played.
Other Ibasso AMP modules like AMP9, need Ohm impedance like ifi... and pairing Solaris with AMP9 is superb in dynamic fluidity...

suggest if you want Neutral sound to monitoring level... PP8 will serve you right... based on my exp...

recently Trying :
Fitear EST Uni.
IMG-20200108-WA0022.jpeg
IMG-20200108-WA0024.jpeg
its Midcentric, clear and detail on vocal

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #10,079 of 13,478

Hiss, all Andro (except SE, haven't tried) and Solaris (OG & SE) have waterfall hiss. it can be neglected when the song played.
Other Ibasso AMP modules like AMP9, need Ohm impedance like ifi... and pairing Solaris with AMP9 is superb in dynamic fluidity...

suggest if you want Neutral sound to monitoring level... PP8 will serve you right... based on my exp...

recently Trying :
Fitear EST Uni.

I would give a chance to Shure SE846 too, I don’t know if anyone here has tested them on DX 220

Jan 9, 2020 at 6:02 PM Post #10,080 of 13,478

I've always liked neutral headphones. For my first IEM purchase I want something all-rounder instead of a very genre-taste spesific one.
So changing the question, what is the best IEM (up to $1500 I guess) to pair with DX228 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back