DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 9, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #2,477 of 13,478
Did the DX200 receive firmware updates that improved sound aspects like soundstage and imaging?

Why don’t you give Sony DMP-Z1 a try ? And then come back to Dx220 and give it some more thought ? I have seen you complaining about Dx220 soundstage and imagine. But may I ask you what system are you coming off with to compare the Dx220 to ? Or what exactly are you referring to as superior and that make the calls about Dx220 having not so good soundstage and imagines ?

I have gone through a lot of stuff, and modifying stuff myself. I still don’t see anything that can outperform the Dx220 without costing an arm and a leg....and some brain cells

May 9, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #2,478 of 13,478
Why don’t you give Sony DMP-Z1 a try ? And then come back to Dx220 and give it some more thought ? I have seen you complaining about Dx220 soundstage and imagine. But may I ask you what system are you coming off with to compare the Dx220 to ? Or what exactly are you referring to as superior and that make the calls about Dx220 having not so good soundstage and imagines ?

I have gone through a lot of stuff, and modifying stuff myself. I still don’t see anything that can outperform the Dx220 without costing an arm and a leg....and some brain cells

LOL don't bother with this dude Vince. From everything I've seen nothing will help this guy.

May 9, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #2,479 of 13,478
Because money doesn't grow on trees. You think I'd still be here if it did? I came from the ZX300, recall better imaging. Soundstage width hasn't changed from out of the box and is a little narrow. Just asking if I can expect sq improvements the same way you claimed the Sony WM1Z supposedly caught up to or went ahead of the DX200 in soundstage width. Obviously next time you compare a DX2** favorably to Sony's flagship portable dap I won't listen but at the very least you'd know if firmware updates improve iBasso devices the same way they improve Sony devices. After all, you've been loud and proud regarding iBasso's updates. Wasn't looking to get into an argument, just asked a simple question.

May 9, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #2,480 of 13,478

I have the 1Z. The DX220 is better but for some, maybe they prefer to pay 3200. Truly, for me, the 220 is better, dynamics power, screen (what a screen) weight, and on and on. But it is nice to have variety. And for the record, I get a very large sound stage and excellent imaging.

May 9, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #2,481 of 13,478
I’m in! Just ordered my Ibasso DX220...hope it gets here fast...I loved my DX90, and want to give this a spin. Am hoping to get SQ close to AK380, but with a bit more bass slam..I’m sure I won’t disappointed..Cheers.

May 9, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #2,482 of 13,478
Because money doesn't grow on trees. You think I'd still be here if it did? I came from the ZX300, recall better imaging. Soundstage width hasn't changed from out of the box and is a little narrow. Just asking if I can expect sq improvements the same way you claimed the Sony WM1Z supposedly caught up to or went ahead of the DX200 in soundstage width. Obviously next time you compare a DX2** favorably to Sony's flagship portable dap I won't listen but at the very least you'd know if firmware updates improve iBasso devices the same way they improve Sony devices. After all, you've been loud and proud regarding iBasso's updates. Wasn't looking to get into an argument, just asked a simple question.
I have the 1Z. The DX220 is better but for some, maybe they prefer to pay 3200. Truly, for me, the 220 is better, dynamics power, screen (what a screen) weight, and on and on. But it is nice to have variety. And for the record, I get a very large sound stage and excellent imaging.
LOL don't bother with this dude Vince. From everything I've seen nothing will help this guy.

I came off the WM1Z myself, and the reasons....the primary reason for that is because Dx200 has superior imagines and soundstage to WM1Z. Not only that, the Dx200 also support WiFi for streaming and internet needs.

@rutter , go get a WM1Z, and return the Dx220. You are in the 15 days satisfactions period....no question asked. But I recalled a few posts ago you were complaining about streaming capability of Dx220.

Yeah, sound is subjective, and there are places that WM1Z still is ahead of the Dx200, and that is the Timbres, and it Analog/organic tones....or that zombie like Battery..... Soundstage is never any doubt IMO that Dx200 is doing better. I have also seen others who have traded off their Dx200 and got into WM1Z. There is nothing wrong with that as sound is subjective, and you are welcome to do so. I would strongly advise you to do so. You know ? Switching into WM1Z.

But then again, I will say it, the WM1Z is good, and worth the money, but to me the imagines and soundstage on the Dx200 and Dx220 is superior, and that is from Amp3 module, let alone Amp8.

May 9, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #2,484 of 13,478
May 9, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #2,485 of 13,478
I came off the WM1Z myself, and the reasons....the primary reason for that is because Dx200 has superior imagines and soundstage to WM1Z. Not only that, the Dx200 also support WiFi for streaming and internet needs.

@rutter , go get a WM1Z, and return the Dx220. You are in the 15 days satisfactions period....no question asked. But I recalled a few posts ago you were complaining about streaming capability of Dx220.

Yeah, sound is subjective, and there are places that WM1Z still is ahead of the Dx200, and that is the Timbres, and it Analog/organic tones....or that zombie like Battery..... Soundstage is never any doubt IMO that Dx200 is doing better. I have also seen others who have traded off their Dx200 and got into WM1Z. There is nothing wrong with that as sound is subjective, and you are welcome to do so. I would strongly advise you to do so. You know ? Switching into WM1Z.

But then again, I will say it, the WM1Z is good, and worth the money, but to me the imagines and soundstage on the Dx200 and Dx220 is superior, and that is from Amp3 module, let alone Amp8.

A simple search in the WM1Z thread will reveal different opinions. I do not want to argue merits with you anymore nor do I want any purchasing suggestions. Just want to know if iBasso updates include sq improvements. Thank you for the upcoming answer.

May 9, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #2,487 of 13,478

Coming from a Pioneer Xdp-100r with Shure’s KSE1200, would migrating to the DX220 be a big step up for me? Worth the money? Ideas anyone?

May 9, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #2,488 of 13,478
May 9, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #2,490 of 13,478
Saw that, but it's not through Amazon, and not Prime, and the return policy for that vendor is not stated, it just refers back to Amazon. Don't want to get hit with a surprise restocking fee. Appreciate the suggestions!

Actually, their policy is in the store description. They levy an 18% restocking fee on non-defective returns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back