DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Feb 22, 2023 at 4:07 AM Post #13,426 of 13,478
Thanks, But I just want to install the iBasso Music apk on the DX220, not the actual firmware. The zip file comes with a lib directory, I was wondering what I should do with that.
The lib folder needs to be replaced by the folder in system / ibassomusic. If I remember the path correctly.
To do this, on the dx220:
1. You must have root rights.
2. Next, you need to apply the disable_verity.bat file from the computer in order to allow writing to system folders.
3. Install the file manager, copy the lib folder to the system and set the appropriate rights.
I once installed a player from dx220 to dx150 and posted instructions on YouTube. There I explain everything in Russian, but I think that you can figure it out. Watch from 10 minutes.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2023 at 6:19 PM Post #13,428 of 13,478
I'm not an expert but it seems that putting the rupert neve at maximum volume instead of the dx 220 I have a better sound than, perhaps simply because the rupert at maximum volume distorts less than the dx 220?

Feb 24, 2023 at 7:13 PM Post #13,429 of 13,478
I'm not an expert but it seems that putting the rupert neve at maximum volume instead of the dx 220 I have a better sound than, perhaps simply because the rupert at maximum volume distorts less than the dx 220?
Do whatever works/sounds best.
I don't think I have used the line out of the DX220 (AMP1 MKII). In fact, I was not even aware that the 220 offered a variable line out. However, typically line outs should be clean.

It's possible that the max line in voltage (input sensitivity) of the Neve is lower than the line out voltage of the 220 such that the 220 is overloading the Neve. In other words, if the Neve is set up to produce maximum, clean output with 1.5 volts in and the 220's line out wide open is capable of 2 volts, it could be overloading the Neve's input. That's just a rough example as I don't know the voltage of either the LO of the 220 (I assume it's 2 volts) or the input sensitivity of the neve.

Feb 27, 2023 at 7:10 AM Post #13,430 of 13,478
Does anyone have any tips on how to re-seat the wifi cable? Mine pulled out whilst changing the battery, and I am having a hard time reconnecting it. Is there are technique or tool which could help here? Thanks

Feb 27, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #13,431 of 13,478
Does anyone have any tips on how to re-seat the wifi cable? Mine pulled out whilst changing the battery, and I am having a hard time reconnecting it. Is there are technique or tool which could help here? Thanks
I have a 220 replacement battery but haven't done the replacement yet.
This is video for DX150 ... hard to see exactly what he's doing but maybe this will help? ...

Feb 27, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #13,432 of 13,478
I use a magnifier with a light. It will click into place but be careful not to bend the central pin or it will break.

Mar 18, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #13,434 of 13,478
Hi all!
Faced a strange problem. I have a portable player Ibasso DX220 and I mostly listen to music through it in the car via AUX. There are two reasons - I don't have time to listen with headphones at home, and I always move behind the wheel, in the car there are premium acoustics and the sound is well revealed. Like all music lovers, I have a desire to improve the sound quality or hear an interesting alternative sound. Anyone who knows this player model knows that it has interchangeable amplifiers, i.e. you can buy 8 more different amplifiers, demonstrating different sounds. So I first listened to the player with an AMP1 amplifier through a 3.5 output. Then I read on one forum an opinion that through a balance of 2.5 using a soldered 2.5 to 3.5 AUX cable, the sound would be more interesting. I ordered a high-quality cable from home-made ones and I can really say with confidence that the sound from the balanced output is more transparent, with higher resolution, more pronounced bass. (listened to several people to exclude self-hypnosis
:)
). Time passed, I wanted something else, I read on the forum that the AMP4S amplifier has a very interesting sound and decided to try it. I bought it, but it has a 4.4 output and I ordered the cable again. And here comes the problem. The sound in the car began to go with terrible distortion, you can hear that the amplifier is being excited, the battery is starting to drain quickly. After reading everything on the net, I came to a fellow radio engineer, we rang the cable and found that it was soldered according to the scheme L + together with L- to the left channel, R + together with R- to the right channel, GND to ground. This combination did not work, three more schemes were offered on the network:
1. L+ to the left channel, R+ to the right channel, L- and R- solder together and to the ground, gnd mute.
2. L+ to left channel, R+ to right channel, L- and R- and gnd solder together and to ground.
3. L+ to left channel, R+ to right channel, gnd to ground, L- and R- to mute.
Option 3 started playing and is playing with a friend in the car, both of us at home through the AUX input in home acoustics, but in my car the same sound distortion with terrible noise. While the phone is via AUX, the player with AMP1 plays through 3.5, 2.5. They thought that the issue was in the 3.5 plug, they took a working cable 3.5 to 3.5 that plays in the car and soldered a pentacon to it according to the working scheme 3, the result is distortion. What can be wrong???

Mar 18, 2023 at 12:29 PM Post #13,435 of 13,478
It is highly unrecommended to use any of these balanced to single ended cables that just tie two channels together to ground, it can damage the whole device. If single ended line out is what you need them get amp5, amp7. Balanced output should only be converted to single ended using either high quality transformers or ic circuits, otherwise you are sorting together two signals, there is also no ground used in iBasso balanced amplifier, so you will not get any sound out , atleast should not be able to unless connected to a balanced input or headphones.

Mar 18, 2023 at 1:18 PM Post #13,436 of 13,478
It is highly unrecommended to use any of these balanced to single ended cables that just tie two channels together to ground, it can damage the whole device. If single ended line out is what you need them get amp5, amp7. Balanced output should only be converted to single ended using either high quality transformers or ic circuits, otherwise you are sorting together two signals, there is also no ground used in iBasso balanced amplifier, so you will not get any sound out , atleast should not be able to unless connected to a balanced input or headphones.
Yes, but I've been listening to amp1 through a balanced output for half a year and a wonderful sound and no interference. In amp4s, we soldered a circuit that also works everywhere, except for my machine, it also works in other machines and I want to figure out what could be the reason. What can't work shouldn't work everywhere.

Apr 28, 2023 at 6:27 PM Post #13,438 of 13,478
Soooooo
Long time reader and I’ve finally signed up!
I’ve bought a dx220 and would love advice on how best to EQ it for my HD700.
When I looked I could only see 6 filters.
I’m all ears 😁
Mango player within android offers a 10 band graphic eq and a 6 band parametric eq.
In Mango OS there is a 10 band graphic eq.

I don't generally use eq and don't own the HD700. Plenty of resources online and I'm sure someone will chime in to offer specific suggestions. In the meantime, you can play with the DX220 eq's and see what you come up with. You can always just reset back to flat.

Apr 28, 2023 at 7:54 PM Post #13,439 of 13,478
I do not own the HD700's but do use eq on my DX220 - primarily listen to classic rock and heavy metal with JVC HA-FDX1 iem's.

Here are my eq settings:
33hz +10, 63hz +10, 100hz +9, 330hz +7, 630hz +5, 1khz +2, 3.3khz +4, 6.3khz +6, 10khz +8, and 16khz +7

Keep in mind that activating the eq results in a 6db cut across all frequencies so +10 is really = +4 (just in case anyone thinks - OMG you crazy boosting by 10db). Additionally, I use Digital Filter 5 setting.

Adjust to your likings - let your ears guide you!

Cheers,
Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back