DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Sep 28, 2021 at 5:03 AM Post #13,246 of 13,478
Hi ehjie,
I'm very interested in changing the battery on the DX220 because mine only has 4/5h maximum autonomy and it's really annoying to have to recharge the DAP every time I come back home after work or a walk, so I'd like to know how many hours of autonomy you get on your DX220 after the battery change.
Thanks in advance

PS: Excuse me if my English seems a bit weird because I use a translator

Bon jour @Audiocratie
Here's what I've learned so far on the Losoncoer battery.
1 hr. = 70% charged, 2 hrs=fully charged, first time re-charge.
With this condition, I played back 27% depletion in an hour! It's not so looking good.
I had to "properly" charge @ 8 hours charging time in order to assess a proper back up time duration.
If the condition above remains constant, I will buy a new battery from Ibasso...

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2021 at 5:54 AM Post #13,247 of 13,478
Hi ehjie,
I'm very interested in changing the battery on the DX220 because mine only has 4/5h maximum autonomy and it's really annoying to have to recharge the DAP every time I come back home after work or a walk, so I'd like to know how many hours of autonomy you get on your DX220 after the battery change.
Thanks in advance

PS: Excuse me if my English seems a bit weird because I use a translator

Bon jour @Audiocratie
With this condition, I played back 27% depletion in an hour! It's not so looking good.
I had to "properly" charge @ 8 hours charging time in order to assess a proper back up time duration.
If the condition above remains constant, I will buy a new battery from Ibasso...
Bad Battery
NOT RECOMMENDED! Don't buy this brand.
It's constant @ 27-30% depletion in one hour.
I'm buying from Ibasso...

Sep 28, 2021 at 5:55 AM Post #13,248 of 13,478
Bon jour @Audiocratie
Re-bonjour ehjie :smile:
Thanks for the quick answer and for the information, I hope for you that the battery consumption will stabilize after a few charging cycles.
For my part I think I will order an official battery from Ibasso as Octavius mentioned and avoid wasting time and money by buying a dubious battery on Ali

Sep 28, 2021 at 6:07 AM Post #13,249 of 13,478
Re-bonjour ehjie :smile:
Thanks for the quick answer and for the information, I hope for you that the battery consumption will stabilize after a few charging cycles.
For my part I think I will order an official battery from Ibasso as Octavius mentioned and avoid wasting time and money by buying a dubious battery on Ali
I am ordering from Ibasso as well.
I just tried from another source, in the hope of getting a better back up time. I can't win all the time.
Oh well, ces't la vie...
:beerchug:

Sep 29, 2021 at 2:31 AM Post #13,251 of 13,478
Ordered!
1632897079410.png

Sep 29, 2021 at 2:33 AM Post #13,252 of 13,478
I re-installed the old original Ibasso battery yesterday. Still a good 4.5 - 5 hrs compared to the under specd ali battery.
Will just wait for the new original battery...

Sep 29, 2021 at 4:42 AM Post #13,254 of 13,478
Hi guys,
To order the DX220 battery do you have to contact Ibasso support directly ?
Because I can't find any link to any battery on their website or better if you have a direct link to the battery it would be nice Cheers
Pmed...

Sep 29, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #13,256 of 13,478
Got a problem I can use some help with.

Is there any reason why an amp module won't work with the DX220 other than it being a bad module?
I got a new Amp 8 module for my 220 and it does nothing. The 220 functions fine but I get no output at all. Bad module? Or something else I can check?
Running latest firmware 1.19.294

Thanks

Sep 29, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #13,257 of 13,478
I am guessing you have tried to remove and reinstall the amp module (with the DX220 off) - correct? From there - have you tried a factory reset?

Short of those things you could send an email to Paul (check the first post of this thread in his signature for that) and seek additional help or contact whoever you bought it from for a replacement.

Anyone else have ideas?

Cheers,
Tim

Sep 29, 2021 at 10:42 PM Post #13,258 of 13,478
Haven't tried a reset. But yes, I did install with 220 powered off. Tried several times. Guess I should try a reset. I do have an exchange for replacement set up.

Thanks

Edit. Factory reset was a no go. I have a replacment on the way. Hopefully it's just a faulty Amp8.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #13,260 of 13,478
And here we go obsolescence... you buy a device as top tier and 2 years later it’s out of phase.. that’s life I know but it’s frustrating when you don’t earn a lot of money and you save it for some gear and later on it’s half priced but well, again, that’s life..

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back