DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Feb 19, 2021 at 10:40 PM Post #12,917 of 13,478
Did anyone open their DX220 to replace the battery? I'm curious if there is any tutorial available online for how to do it :)

More precisely, how do you remove the black back after you removed the two screws holding it?
I did change my battery last year - there are very easy to follow instructions posted early in this thread including a link to a video. Try searching back to early/mid last year and you should be able to find it. If you don't find it let me know and I will dig up the post/links.

One area to be careful with is the tiny little antenna connector which must be disconnected and then reconnected. Just take your time and don't force it - also make sure to rotate it to a good position before closing things back up.

Cheers,
Tim

Feb 20, 2021 at 7:25 AM Post #12,920 of 13,478
I did change my battery last year - there are very easy to follow instructions posted early in this thread including a link to a video. Try searching back to early/mid last year and you should be able to find it. If you don't find it let me know and I will dig up the post/links.

One area to be careful with is the tiny little antenna connector which must be disconnected and then reconnected. Just take your time and don't force it - also make sure to rotate it to a good position before closing things back up.

Cheers,
Tim
Hey there @Dobrescu George - found my previous post with the links to the videos on battery replacement: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx2...9-now-available-and-dc01.898388/post-15611470

Cheers,
Tim

Thank you so much for your help!!

I was searching the thread last night but haven't been able to find anything, this was most helpful!

I will try to do the replacement too, let's hope it all goes well! :)

Feb 20, 2021 at 7:43 AM Post #12,921 of 13,478
I managed to replace the batteryb with a new one :)

Loving this DAP so much, the serviceability is too awesome

The whole trick was, as presented in this viddy, to use the screwdriver to push a bit on the back. I was trying to just pull the back and it never worked for me, but iBasso delivers once again on an awesome priduct that is usable well after it was released

Easiest thing in the world to replace that batty

I'm excited

Charging the new batty as we speak, hoping it will last a bit longer.

(The backstory is simple, I used DX220 tons over the last two years, since I got it, and my batty became kinda low, so I replaced it with a new one)

I wanted to bring up the viddy to help those in need

Feb 20, 2021 at 7:59 AM Post #12,922 of 13,478
Feb 20, 2021 at 8:08 AM Post #12,923 of 13,478
My device should be due changing this year, July 2021. Buibi hasn't replied yet.
If they won't reply, I'm getting this...
1613826449657.png

Feb 20, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #12,924 of 13,478
My device should be due changing this year, July 2021. Buibi hasn't replied yet.
If they won't reply, I'm getting this...
1613826449657.png
Does the charging limit have any bearing on the final functionality. It says only 4.4v, which to me begs the question if chargin(mainly quick charge) will work? I admit knowing nothing about battery specs other than the basic mah and v specs for output.

Feb 20, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #12,925 of 13,478
Does the charging limit have any bearing on the final functionality. It says only 4.4v, which to me begs the question if chargin(mainly quick charge) will work? I admit knowing nothing about battery specs other than the basic mah and v specs for output.
That is the BMS (Battery Management System) on the battery limitation, the controller is the Dx220 and it firmware :). There shouldn’t be any issues

Feb 20, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #12,927 of 13,478
Quick answer, No.
Quick charging will still work, because it is in the circuit of the back up / charging line and exceeded the amperage specs.
In reality though, i will personally know the details when i get to change my battery to a higher capacity, that will translate to an additional +1 hour of back up time.
I got tired of down sampling my 24 bit albums to 16 lols.
They simply sound better compared to the 16 bit.
Our 220 (whichever amp module preferred) does deliver and a very consistent performer.
One day i will upgrade, sure.
But my 229 is a tube amp stage DAP, a legacy model, that will stay w/ me for my critical listening sessions...

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #12,928 of 13,478
my dx220 connected in usb otg to the dac d50s makes a lot of electrical noises, an audio full of noise and I am not the only one who complains of this problem, the dx I can only connect it in coaxial but
my cellphone sounds better in usb connected to the dac than my dx220 in coaxial, the dx220 now what sense does it make?
do you know the solution to the problem?
thank you.

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:43 AM Post #12,929 of 13,478
my dx220 connected in usb otg to the dac d50s makes a lot of electrical noises, an audio full of noise and I am not the only one who complains of this problem, the dx I can only connect it in coaxial but
my cellphone sounds better in usb connected to the dac than my dx220 in coaxial, the dx220 now what sense does it make?
do you know the solution to the problem?
thank you.
I use it connected through usb to a Fiio Q5 and it works like a charm, 0 noise, 0 issues so not sure what’s going on or where can be the issue but for me it works properly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back