DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jan 23, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #12,871 of 13,478
Its hard to say

we dont how your micro sd card is formatted. Sounds like you know your way around a dap though

usually i let the dap format the card.

music of course should be under MUSIC (scanned for internal and micro sd card)

you do need to use android for mac app. And usually set it to usb transfer. Might have to unplug and replug. I dont use the supplied cable for it.

- i usually use a card reader for most dapa.. Rescanning is pain but less fuss

battery is easy to replace

Android mode and Mango mode. Push the ppwer button to see the option for pure mango mode

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #12,872 of 13,478
Its hard to say

we dont how your micro sd card is formatted. Sounds like you know your way around a dap though

usually i let the dap format the card.

music of course should be under MUSIC (scanned for internal and micro sd card)

you do need to use android for mac app. And usually set it to usb transfer. Might have to unplug and replug. I dont use the supplied cable for it.

- i usually use a card reader for most dapa.. Rescanning is pain but less fuss

battery is easy to replace

Android mode and Mango mode. Push the ppwer button to see the option for pure mango mode

Thanks. I have no problem with getting to the Mango mode. The problem is that nothing appears under any of the headings such as album, artist, genre etc and only appear in folder form (no art) under the “directory” heading. This is for music on both the sdcard and the internal storage. I can’t imagine that the card would interfere with the internal files.

Not sure how to format the card in the player but I’ll take a look for that. It was easy on the Sony players I’ve had. AK players are a breeze compared to this and even the FiiO players I’ve had were way easier to set up.

Jan 23, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #12,873 of 13,478
If you were to show a screenshot of the card menu it would be useful. (Mac)

maybe the card is still set to a previous players menu and that is the clash. (But usually i dont find a clash when switching cards between daps)

not sure which format is recommended for ibasso daps exFAT or FAT32?

last resort is a hard reset, which is always good after getting a new/used dap.

also checking whether you are on t he most recent firmaware (although this does not relate in this case as the music should show up. I presume you are using common codecs flac or something).

Usually i just put a blank micro sd card in and the player (ibasso) does the menus etc
- i havent messed around with fatex fat32 or anything
- just drag and drop into the music folder. Scan and go. So it is a bit if a mystery.
- i dont even using tagging etc software

One thought. Do you have many sub or sub sub folders? That might be it

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2021 at 6:34 PM Post #12,874 of 13,478
If you were to show a screenshot of the card menu it would be useful. (Mac)

maybe the card is still set to a previous players menu and that is the clash. (But usually i dont find a clash when switching cards between daps)

not sure which format is recommended for ibasso daps exFAT or FAT32?

last resort is a hard reset, which is always good after getting a new/used dap.

also checking whether you are on t he most recent firmaware (although this does not relate in this case as the music should show up. I presume you are using common codecs flac or something).

Usually i just put a blank micro sd card in and the player (ibasso) does the menus etc
- i havent messed around with fatex fat32 or anything
- just drag and drop into the music folder. Scan and go. So it is a bit if a mystery.
- i dont even using tagging etc software

One thought. Do you have many sub or sub sub folders? That might be it

No there's nothing strange about my folder set up.
I'm reformatting the card and starting over. As for the hard reset, this has the Fidelizer mod and I'm not sure what will happen in a reset. I don't want to lose any benefits of that (I don't even know what it is, truthfully.)

Jan 23, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #12,875 of 13,478
On another strange note... I seem to have figured out how to connect the DX220 to my Mac with Android File Transfer. When I plug it in a window pops up saying it cannot connect which is because it's in charging mode but if I toggle the photo transfer mode first and then the file transfer mode it seems to connect. If I go straight to the file transfer mode it locks up and is inaccessible.

Jan 24, 2021 at 1:34 AM Post #12,876 of 13,478
On another strange note... I seem to have figured out how to connect the DX220 to my Mac with Android File Transfer. When I plug it in a window pops up saying it cannot connect which is because it's in charging mode but if I toggle the photo transfer mode first and then the file transfer mode it seems to connect. If I go straight to the file transfer mode it locks up and is inaccessible.
Please write to paul@ibasso.com
You're on the apple platform.
Most Mango OS & windows issues i had encountered i can only share / respond to...

Jan 24, 2021 at 1:54 AM Post #12,877 of 13,478
As was suggested above - did you perform a Rescan of your memory card/internal memory? If not then that might be why none of your music is showing up yet...

Also, is your music organized into folders starting with each artist having a folder then within that folder each album will have a folder which then contains the individual music files and associated album art (named folder.jpg)? For the memory card the folder structure should start at the root then /artist/album/songs. For internal storage there is a folder named Music where you would then have /artist/album/song. If your music is not structured this way you may want to give it a try (yes - probably a lot of work/time involved if you have a large library of music).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Tim

Jan 24, 2021 at 2:39 AM Post #12,878 of 13,478
As was suggested above - did you perform a Rescan of your memory card/internal memory? If not then that might be why none of your music is showing up yet...

Also, is your music organized into folders starting with each artist having a folder then within that folder each album will have a folder which then contains the individual music files and associated album art (named folder.jpg)? For the memory card the folder structure should start at the root then /artist/album/songs. For internal storage there is a folder named Music where you would then have /artist/album/song. If your music is not structured this way you may want to give it a try (yes - probably a lot of work/time involved if you have a large library of music).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Tim

Hi Tim. I have rescanned the library multiple times. Everything works fine in the Android mode. It's the pure Mango OS mode where the songs/albums show up in the directory folder but not in the other folders.
I'm going to include pictures as I keep repeating myself so maybe I'm not being clear.

First, this is an example of the internal memory file set up in Android File Transfer. This is no different than on any other player from A&K, Sony or FiiO.

Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 11.26.15 PM.png

Here's the Mango mode problem

0BA8ED61-E4E6-491A-A9FB-4C73C996CF8E.jpeg 45D88901-F3A2-4E6F-B118-490AEEEB6F11.jpeg 49823B12-C9B6-4A5C-B6BB-35A83036DA2B.jpeg 79357FB6-B59A-4B5C-B29F-D629E5B3DB78.jpeg 5042BB05-10D1-47FF-90EE-45D6B03F9D79.jpeg E9833DA4-2A6F-4BEE-B566-D78E6747B0AC.jpeg 02689F88-8770-4746-9823-445A5DFE3F96.jpeg 871817CC-9135-479A-8A5F-B4D9066E90C6.jpeg83E859AA-F35C-4ECD-88C6-0BD966EF122D.jpeg

I can use the Directory to listen to music but I a very visual guy as most people are so I really like to browse with album art, not lists

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #12,879 of 13,478
Hi Tim. I have rescanned the library multiple times. Everything works fine in the Android mode. It's the pure Mango OS mode where the songs/albums show up in the directory folder but not in the other folders.
I'm going to include pictures as I keep repeating myself so maybe I'm not being clear.

First, this is an example of the internal memory file set up in Android File Transfer. This is no different than on any other player from A&K, Sony or FiiO.

Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 11.26.15 PM.png

Here's the Mango mode problem

0BA8ED61-E4E6-491A-A9FB-4C73C996CF8E.jpeg 45D88901-F3A2-4E6F-B118-490AEEEB6F11.jpeg 49823B12-C9B6-4A5C-B6BB-35A83036DA2B.jpeg 79357FB6-B59A-4B5C-B29F-D629E5B3DB78.jpeg 5042BB05-10D1-47FF-90EE-45D6B03F9D79.jpeg E9833DA4-2A6F-4BEE-B566-D78E6747B0AC.jpeg 02689F88-8770-4746-9823-445A5DFE3F96.jpeg 871817CC-9135-479A-8A5F-B4D9066E90C6.jpeg83E859AA-F35C-4ECD-88C6-0BD966EF122D.jpeg

I can use the Directory to listen to music but I a very visual guy as most people are so I really like to browse with album art, not lists
Thanks for the pictures.

I still suggest trying to create a folder and naming structure like this, for example, on your memory card: /Journey/Escape/ then songs and cover art in that folder. For internal memory that would be /Music/Journey/Escape/ then songs and cover art. Try it for one artist and album then rescan and see if they show up - it is how my music is structured and I never have had a problem with things not showing up as you are seeing.

Just thought of something else - have you checked your music file properties? I do believe that information is needed - as an example here is what what one of mine looks like when I do a right mouse/properties on it:
Music file properties example.jpg

See the Title, Contributing artists, Album artist, Album, and Genre? I think those are needed for the DX220 to show things accordingly.

Give it a look.

Cheers,
Tim

Jan 24, 2021 at 3:45 AM Post #12,880 of 13,478
Thanks for the pictures.

I still suggest trying to create a folder and naming structure like this, for example, on your memory card: /Journey/Escape/ then songs and cover art in that folder. For internal memory that would be /Music/Journey/Escape/ then songs and cover art. Try it for one artist and album then rescan and see if they show up - it is how my music is structured and I never have had a problem with things not showing up as you are seeing.

Just thought of something else - have you checked your music file properties? I do believe that information is needed - as an example here is what what one of mine looks like when I do a right mouse/properties on it:

See the Title, Contributing artists, Album artist, Album, and Genre? I think those are needed for the DX220 to show things accordingly.

Give it a look.

Cheers,
Tim

I'll try to figure out that structure you're suggesting. Your screenshot is from a PC I take it as there isn't really a "properties" in Mac, just "info"
For example:

Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 12.41.45 AM.png

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:37 AM Post #12,881 of 13,478
Alright... Let me first say thanks for all the help.
I decided to just scrap it all and do a reset. I lost some of the apps but that's not too important.
I haven't tried an sdcard yet but I loaded up some albums to the internal memory and switched to the Mango OS and they scanned.
I don't know what was going on but the reset seems to have helped.

Thanks again for indulging my drama..:rolling_eyes: I wish I had just reset from the start..

Jan 26, 2021 at 5:58 AM Post #12,882 of 13,478
I bought a cable from Aliexpress (2,5 to XLR) to connect the 220 (amp8 with 4,4 to 2,5 adapter) to a THX 789 (XLR input). I plugged and damn, I noticed that the sound was HORRIBLE, a lot of noise and bad quality at all. But in any case im just asking because the cable its horrible, really, its useless. Where could be wrong with? Its suppose that it should works properly, right?

IMG-2670.jpg

EDIT: I saw a graphic and it looks like its ok. But then, why its a sounding SO BAD? Its useless, really

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #12,883 of 13,478
I bought a cable from Aliexpress (2,5 to XLR) to connect the 220 (amp8 with 4,4 to 2,5 adapter) to a THX 789 (XLR input). I plugged and damn, I noticed that the sound was HORRIBLE, a lot of noise and bad quality at all. But in any case im just asking because the cable its horrible, really, its useless. Where could be wrong with? Its suppose that it should works properly, right?

IMG-2670.jpg

EDIT: I saw a graphic and it looks like its ok. But then, why its a sounding SO BAD? Its useless, really

s-l1600.jpg
Nvm, you said 2.5 not 4.4. In this case, pictures need to be more detailed in order to tell

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #12,885 of 13,478
to me and a friend of mine when we use the dx220 with the usb otg output both with chord mojo and topping d50s we hear pops and noises, why does this problem in your opinion?

EFI/RMI... Are you on Wi-Fi 2.4G? Move to 5G may help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back