DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Sep 15, 2020 at 9:59 PM Post #12,482 of 13,478
Another stupid question: why can't I get my Win10 desktop to recognize the DX220? I've done everything...reboots, different cable, tick the boxes for file transfer (and pic transfer), etc. Am I missing something here? Thanks!

Sep 15, 2020 at 10:06 PM Post #12,485 of 13,478
Do you have a micro sd card reader?

if you are using one it might be the way to go.

(Excuse my last reply, i did not see that you had tried another cable - which is often the solution).

Amd you have ticked the drop down manual i see

Sep 15, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #12,486 of 13,478
Do you have a micro sd card reader?

if you are using one it might be the way to go.

(Excuse my last reply, i did not see that you had tried another cable - which is often the solution).

Amd you have ticked the drop down manual i see

I do not, but I may end up grabbing one for cheap if I can't figure this out.

Sep 15, 2020 at 10:16 PM Post #12,487 of 13,478
I've tried all 6 that I have here, including the one it came with. :frowning2: And every port front and back of this PC.
Did you download the driver from the Ibasso downloads?

Sep 15, 2020 at 10:17 PM Post #12,488 of 13,478
Did you download the driver from the Ibasso downloads?

I've downloaded everything they offer. But I actually think I just got it to work after resetting the device, then reupdating all the firmware. So I posted too soon, as usual. but it led to getting it working, so I'll take it. Thanks fam :wink:

Sep 15, 2020 at 10:26 PM Post #12,489 of 13,478
Just my $.02, I have found loading files into the DX2xxx is just a lot smoother using a card reader, and faster. It is a pita to have to rescan the card in two operating systems but it's still a better way to do it. In spite of 1tb card support the device just behaves better with the 1tb cards loaded this way.

Sep 15, 2020 at 11:03 PM Post #12,490 of 13,478
I got another one. Can we make Mango player show us album year in album view? I assume not since I can't find it, but this wouldn't be the first time (today even) that I've missed something staring me right in the face.

Also, while we're on the subject, is there a way to get lyrics in Mango player?

Apologies if I'm late to the party here, just trying to get the most out of my new toy!

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2020 at 12:15 AM Post #12,491 of 13,478
Just my $.02, I have found loading files into the DX2xxx is just a lot smoother using a card reader, and faster. It is a pita to have to rescan the card in two operating systems but it's still a better way to do it. In spite of 1tb card support the device just behaves better with the 1tb cards loaded this way.

even w/ 1/2 Tb micro SD. This is how i load my files. I consider the 220 as another pc device. I learned to live w/ this setup, like part of a daily chore...

Sep 16, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #12,492 of 13,478
Anyone else getting static on Tidal Master tracks while streaming? Any idea what that's all about and how to get the advertised quality using the Tidal app? Thanks!

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2020 at 10:35 PM Post #12,493 of 13,478
Hi everyone! Finally I found the forum where all kind of music gear is discussed and it's pretty amazing. I have switched to 220 in April (previously I owned DX90 for last 5 years and before that I had a Xuelin IHIFI 960). I must say I liked DX90 however I just wanted to move on to the new level of sound (and modern user friendly interface with all bells and whistles means a lot today). However since I got my DAP I had never made it work with my Mac Pro 2019. I've read a lot here about Thunderbolt issue with Mac's USB-C ports. I have Parallel Desktop on my Mac and 220 doesn't work in Windows mode either. Wasn't it said in change log that latest firmware was supposed to fix an issue with Mac? I have 1.17.256 (latest I guess), however it still doesn't work. I have tried all kinds of cables but the result is still the same. That's a little annoying. However I can forgive that issue just for that amazing sound. I use IT04, Beyerdynamic T70p and Dunu Titan 5 (just stayed with me, but not used very often). I like IT04 most of all. I have default AMP 1 mk II and so far I am satisfied with it. That was a short story about my way)) So did anyone get an improvement with Mac since new firmware release?

Sep 17, 2020 at 2:19 AM Post #12,494 of 13,478
Hi everyone! Finally I found the forum where all kind of music gear is discussed and it's pretty amazing. I have switched to 220 in April (previously I owned DX90 for last 5 years and before that I had a Xuelin IHIFI 960). I must say I liked DX90 however I just wanted to move on to the new level of sound (and modern user friendly interface with all bells and whistles means a lot today). However since I got my DAP I had never made it work with my Mac Pro 2019. I've read a lot here about Thunderbolt issue with Mac's USB-C ports. I have Parallel Desktop on my Mac and 220 doesn't work in Windows mode either. Wasn't it said in change log that latest firmware was supposed to fix an issue with Mac? I have 1.17.256 (latest I guess), however it still doesn't work. I have tried all kinds of cables but the result is still the same. That's a little annoying. However I can forgive that issue just for that amazing sound. I use IT04, Beyerdynamic T70p and Dunu Titan 5 (just stayed with me, but not used very often). I like IT04 most of all. I have default AMP 1 mk II and so far I am satisfied with it. That was a short story about my way)) So did anyone get an improvement with Mac since new firmware release?

Hello

Did you try
https://www.android.com/filetransfer/
You need that for max and ibasso new daps

also did you set the drop down menu?

27B00E71-4378-49B0-99D3-4A027CCAF862.jpeg

http://ibasso.com/uploadfiles/20170123/201701230405436442.pdf

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2020 at 7:24 AM Post #12,495 of 13,478
Re: battery life, I left my new DX220 on last night using the break-in cable at volume 67, medium gain, shuffling the 5500 or so tracks on my sd card, about 50% of which are hi-res files. I started at 100% battery, and 6 hours and 18 minutes later I returned and it was off/battery fully drained. I was hoping it would last longer than this under these conditions, but alas. Overall it's not a huge deal for me given my intended usage and the availability of power and portable power just about everywhere I intend to use this thing, but figured it might be useful for others to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back