DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jun 1, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #12,001 of 13,478
Visiting my Amp8EX and doing something to get ready for the Max !!!!

All of experiments and experiences would serve up the Max very well !!!!

(notice) Amp8EX is a module for dx220/150/200 and has nothing to do with the Max. The Max is based on Amp8 architecture, so visiting the module to get ready is a good idea
F5116016-D272-4AEE-AD2F-D173A072DBAF.jpeg

Don't even have it and already looking at ways to mod it? That's what i like to see!

Jun 1, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #12,003 of 13,478
Thinking of getting the Fidelizer Rom for dx220 as I expect the Amp8ex Elna to arrive.

Whats the verdict on that Rom after all ?
Still polarising opinions or ?

Jun 1, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #12,004 of 13,478
Thinking of getting the Fidelizer Rom for dx220 as I expect the Amp8ex Elna to arrive.

Whats the verdict on that Rom after all ?
Still polarising opinions or ?
The last few % is very important, particularly firmware. I don’t know if Fidelizer has started working on the Pure MangoOS yet, the last time I had it on dx200, only the Android OS had improvements where I couldn’t hear any note worthy changes from MangoOS.

I have always used MangoOS, so i don’t buy in Fidelizer again

Jun 1, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #12,005 of 13,478
I've never been able to hear the difference between
- expensive speaker/headphone cable v standard (assuming a base level of quality)
- high bitrate mp3 and lossless and hi-def
- new amps/phones v burned-in
Might just be my ears. I don't know of many double-blind tests for these things - does anyone else?

Jun 1, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #12,006 of 13,478
The last few % is very important, particularly firmware. I don’t know if Fidelizer has started working on the Pure MangoOS yet, the last time I had it on dx200, only the Android OS had improvements where I couldn’t hear any note worthy changes from MangoOS.

I have always used MangoOS, so i don’t buy in Fidelizer again
That would work for me as I love the SQ on Mango OS and find it really noticeably better then android but dislike the rigid EQ options and I love(am used to) USBAPP parametric EQ options.
So I think I would give it a try...

And I use Android OS to stream and find new music until I decide something is worthwhile transferring to an SD card and enjoying it fully in Mango.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2020 at 6:33 PM Post #12,007 of 13,478
- expensive speaker/headphone cable v standard (assuming a base level of quality)
Might just be my ears. I don't know of many double-blind tests for these things - does anyone else?

I would say you are a lucky person.

Jun 1, 2020 at 6:36 PM Post #12,008 of 13,478
overall, still to your liking after mod?
overall yes.
I don't need external AMP to fully drive my Elear.
Elear is easy to drive, even by smartphone. But When you get a good pair and synergy, the dynamic feeling is almost the same like you Pair with an external AMP (ifi iDSD Micro BL)... IMO.
So I still manage to get the Dynamic power with better mobility & compact...

its a bless for you...
Just trust your own ear...

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2020 at 4:37 AM Post #12,011 of 13,478
Darn it. Maybe I’ll make another one for myself again....
There is Max now Edward :wink:
I happened to compare my dx228ex with my friend's dx228 tonight and we both agreed these aren't the same player.
So much steam and air coming out of dx228ex making dx228 a mono player.
Now you know why I kept dx228ex and sold sp2k shortly

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2020 at 5:58 AM Post #12,013 of 13,478
There is Max now Edward :wink:

Now you know why I kept dx228ex and sold sp2k shortly

O’ Vince, I still very much prefer the SP2K by a clear margin. It’s just that the 228EX-P has a unique charm all its own.

And, it looks like I may be letting go of my brand new SP2K anyway, to help fund a DAVE to go along with my Hugo2Go.

I’ve gone a Chord deep dive with upscaled PCM....

Jun 2, 2020 at 6:09 AM Post #12,014 of 13,478
O’ Vince, I still very much prefer the SP2K by a clear margin. It’s just that the 228EX-P has a unique charm all its own.

And, it looks like I may be letting go of my brand new SP2K anyway, to help fund a DAVE to go along with my Hugo2Go.

I’ve gone a Chord deep dive with upscaled PCM....
:wink: upscaled PCM and no longer DSD ?

Jun 2, 2020 at 6:20 AM Post #12,015 of 13,478
:wink: upscaled PCM and no longer DSD ?

Yeah. I will always love the dense, liquid, analog, musical quality of DSD—always. However, I think for sheer performance, i.e., realism, timbral accuracy, transparency, resolution, imaging, PCM768 is superior. So, I’m finding, in the end, these qualities connect me more immediately to the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back