DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Apr 15, 2020 at 1:25 PM Post #11,641 of 13,478
I'm not upset at all. I just ignore comments I don't consider to be sensible. Like I said people are free to do what they like.

But making definite claims like those and essentially calling people ignorant is a bit much. Especially when you have no clue what they might know.

I find that highly questionable especially from a well respected member of the community. I'd ask for a bit more restraint even more so when your claims usually can't be backed up by measurements.

By the way thank you for your consideration of my wallet and audio experience. Both are more than fine.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #11,642 of 13,478
I'm not upset at all. I just ignore comments I don't consider to be sensible. Like I said people are free to do what they like.

But making definite claims like those and essentially calling people ignorant is a bit much. Especially when you have no clue what they might know.

I find that highly questionable especially from a well respected member of the community. I'd ask for a bit more restraint even more so when your claims usually can't be backed up by measurements.

By the way thank you for your consideration of my wallet and audio experience. Both are more than fine.
I think Mike put the emphasis on his delight with the sound, from his new cables.
Hearing is the best measuring instrument.
I apologize for the wallet comment.

Apr 15, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #11,647 of 13,478
From my amateur pov; the sound from the original device through the cable will be degraded to a greater or lesser extent, depending on the quality of the cable. Some cables emphasize an area more, while others neglect.
This view is based on the impressions of others in listening to cables. Until I almost had no firm opinion on cables, but by replacing the bad and cheap cable (at great iem) with the input level effect audio ,, ares II ,, cables, I got rounded tones, more space, extra texture appeared and generally all the tones were cleaner,
So I am a new believer.

Apr 15, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #11,648 of 13,478

“I just ignore comments I don't consider to be sensible” ; “By the way thank you for your consideration of my wallet and audio experience. Both are more than fine.” Respect

Apr 16, 2020 at 7:23 AM Post #11,649 of 13,478
Anybody having Wi-Fi issues with their DX220? Mine is disconnecting from Wi-Fi every 20 minutes or so. It reconnects itself after a few seconds but it's not ideal when listening to streaming services.

Running the latest 1.16.242 firmware + the latest Lurker firmware but the issue was started when on he previous firmware. A full reset was done before the latest firmware was installed. Had the unit since May last year and it's been fine up until around a month ago. Looking at the router it's connected to the 5ghz Wi-Fi but there's no issues with other devices.

Sounds fab when it works though :relaxed:

Apr 16, 2020 at 8:26 AM Post #11,650 of 13,478
the amp8 ex can drive well in ear and also full size headphones? in your opinion how much money you can pay for a cable of one in the aer?

Depends who’s making them and if they are copper, mix of copper and silver or straight silver. Also depends on how many strands you’re going for as well.
Something like the Therium 2 - 4-wire from Norne Audio is $305 for 3.5 feet, you also go custom and double that to 8 wires and you’re looking at $610 for the cable and that’s before adding on connectors and stuff.
Some places cost even more.
It’s all about your budget and what works best for your headphones. IE my LH Oscars they recommend a blend of silver and copper for the best sound. For others it may be all silver for the best.

Apr 16, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #11,651 of 13,478
Anybody having Wi-Fi issues with their DX220? Mine is disconnecting from Wi-Fi every 20 minutes or so. It reconnects itself after a few seconds but it's not ideal when listening to streaming services.

Running the latest 1.16.242 firmware + the latest Lurker firmware but the issue was started when on he previous firmware. A full reset was done before the latest firmware was installed. Had the unit since May last year and it's been fine up until around a month ago. Looking at the router it's connected to the 5ghz Wi-Fi but there's no issues with other devices.

Sounds fab when it works though :relaxed:
This issue sounds familiar...I don't recall the solve, but I believe it was discussed in this thread at couple of weeks ago - you may want to rifle through the last couple of dozen of pages.

Apr 16, 2020 at 3:29 PM Post #11,652 of 13,478
today unfortunately I had 2 blocks of the dx220, as soon as I press the power button to turn on the display, the screen sometimes remains black and the audio stops, it's like it was in block mode and to resume it I have to hold the power button to turn it off and then restart it.
none of you have this problem?

Apr 16, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #11,654 of 13,478
Seriously thinking about getting the dx220. How well does it run with tidal? I had mild issues with the dx200. Kept freezing, laggy as hell, no option to equalise eg.
I use my 220 with both Tidal and Amazon Music HD. No issues. I'd say 80% of my listening is to downloaded music (which I use an SD card for). But - no issues with the stability of the apps, downloading albums/playlists, playback itself,etc. I've not used the EQ much; my understanding is that the parametric EQ is only available using the Mango player; regular EQ in the Mango player works with other apps (if my understanding is correct)

Apr 16, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #11,655 of 13,478
today unfortunately I had 2 blocks of the dx220, as soon as I press the power button to turn on the display, the screen sometimes remains black and the audio stops, it's like it was in block mode and to resume it I have to hold the power button to turn it off and then restart it.
none of you have this problem?
It happened to me a couple of times, a really uncomfortable feeling, I don't know why it's happening. To my luck, that's the only inconvenience I've had with this DAP.
For three months everything is in order
I don't think it's of any concern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back