DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Mar 20, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #11,371 of 13,478
I'm having problems with my dx220, after installing the amp9 I'm getting a constant hiss from both my Anole VX and EE Phantom. There was no hissing on the amp1 mkII. I tried factory reset and adjusting gain however neither helped :frowning2:

Not sure if its a defective Amp9 or if I'm doing something wrong.

If anyone knows a solution or any tips I would greatly appreciate it!

It is normal. Low impedance iems have a lot of hiss on amp9. It sounds great but only with impedence high or low efficient headphone. other than that it is really prone to buzz pzzz and other noises while you move the dap or touch che buttons. That`s why I keep amp7 about always....

Mar 20, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #11,372 of 13,478
I'm having problems with my dx220, after installing the amp9 I'm getting a constant hiss from both my Anole VX and EE Phantom. There was no hissing on the amp1 mkII. I tried factory reset and adjusting gain however neither helped :frowning2:

Not sure if its a defective Amp9 or if I'm doing something wrong.

If anyone knows a solution or any tips I would greatly appreciate it!
Ditto for what the other guy replied to your post in the dx200 thread

tubes often have some hiss (plus sensitive iems are prone to hiss).

did you lower the gain and the amp 9 gain in the settings? (Theres two).

thr special amp 9 gain is using the android side under settings.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #11,373 of 13,478
That topic was discussed here few times. Mango Player apk doesn’t make any downsampling to match BT codec.
You have to use alternative players.
Thank you. I am using Neutron which is great. The installed Hiby Music after Lurker also works for DSD.

Mar 20, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #11,375 of 13,478
I normally use pure Mango to play DSF (DSD256) files without issue through wired IEMs but am having to switch to Mango app in Android so I can use a pair of Bluetooth cans (HifiMAN Ananda BT). I have searched this thread but the search terms are not specific enough. @Paul - iBasso : Will the Mango app play DSF at all? It says that it is not supported!

BTW, can you please listen your Ananda BT using LDAC with 990kbps setting? Is it hiccup?

Mar 20, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #11,376 of 13,478
BTW, can you please listen your Ananda BT using LDAC with 990kbps setting? Is it hiccup?
I can change it to 990 but it stutters. It defaults to best effort which seems to be 660/606 kbps. Still pretty good! I'll be writing a review in a couple of weeks.

Mar 20, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #11,377 of 13,478
Hey guys and gals, hoping someone can help (@Paul - iBasso ?)
Purchased a DX220, and had to swap it out because there were audible snapping/crackling sounds across three IEMs (EE Valk and LX and CA Solaris SE); I tried taking the amp module out and putting it back in, which didn't help. Just got the 2nd one today and I'm having the same problem.
Here are some more details:
-low gain
-streaming from Tidal and Amazon Music HD
-firmware updated to 1.16.242
Any thoughts from Paul or the community?

Mar 20, 2020 at 2:05 PM Post #11,379 of 13,478
Do you have any headphones to try? How about local files?
No headphones. I can try downloading files, yes, if that would help in the diagnostics...but if there's no crackling/snapping with local files and only when streaming, I'm not sure that helps me any! :)

Mar 20, 2020 at 2:05 PM Post #11,380 of 13,478
I can change it to 990 but it stutters. It defaults to best effort which seems to be 660/606 kbps. Still pretty good! I'll be writing a review in a couple of weeks.

thanks! My experience with my Sony wh1000xm3 the same.
@Paul - iBasso is it DX220 hardware problem, haven’t you investigated yet what is wrong with LDAC high quality codec?
Switching WiFi off doesn’t help. 660kbps and APTX-HD (576kbps) works great.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #11,381 of 13,478
Hey guys and gals, hoping someone can help (@Paul - iBasso ?)
Purchased a DX220, and had to swap it out because there were audible snapping/crackling sounds across three IEMs (EE Valk and LX and CA Solaris SE); I tried taking the amp module out and putting it back in, which didn't help. Just got the 2nd one today and I'm having the same problem.
Here are some more details:
-low gain
-streaming from Tidal and Amazon Music HD
-firmware updated to 1.16.242
Any thoughts from Paul or the community?
Are you getting this when you use the internal or SD memory? If the same issue, it sounds like interference. I would try a different channel on the router and also use 5 ghz vs the 2.4.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 20, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #11,383 of 13,478
Are you getting this when you use the internal or SD memory? If the same issue, it sounds like interference. I would try a different channel on the router and also use 5 ghz vs the 2.4.
well what do you know...i downloaded some content to the internal memory and the crackling was still there, so I flipped to 5ghz and it went away. thank you! never would have guessed that

Mar 20, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #11,384 of 13,478
Mar 20, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #11,385 of 13,478
Ditto for what the other guy replied to your post in the dx200 thread

tubes often have some hiss (plus sensitive iems are prone to hiss).

did you lower the gain and the amp 9 gain in the settings? (Theres two).

thr special amp 9 gain is using the android side under settings.
I tried adjusting the gain on both settings but the hiss stays the exact same on high or low gain. Also it's there even when I pause a song.

Its mostly annoying when listening on low volumes or classical music. I guess I'll just have to live with it.

I appreciate the response!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back