DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Oct 1, 2019 at 9:39 PM Post #8,357 of 13,478
AMP1mk2 is quite bad. I guess this is intented to force the user to buy an external amp module. Good marketing strategy, people wouldn't buy DX220 if the stock price was $1179. Now, after paying $979 they are "forced" to spend another $200 otherwise they would have to remain with a garbage sounding DAP

I compared DX221 vs Galaxy S9 3.5 mm outputs with a couple of headphones and the difference was quite small. DX220 is of course louder, maybe a little more soundstage but literally zero difference in terms of sound quality, detail and clarity.

hmm... assuming u already burn in ur AMP1Mk2 properly.
For me, AMP1mk2 is best pair for DX220, I had bought and used AMP8 for exclusively for 2 weeks (inc. Burn In for more than 100 hours). & I still prefer AMP1Mk2 (although I am not to in for the new Sound SIg in from new Firmware).

I am also using Phone (NOTE 8) as back up music player, if DX220 is on charging mode.
IMHO, DAP is much more in sound stage, Separation, Clarity and Detail. If I may point out, the Mid/Vocal range is fuller in DX221mk2 then any smartphone I had tried, IMHO...

I used NOTE 8 to search latest top 40 songs via spotify, then find a better song file & transfer to DAP.

GUI, Not the best experience, but also not the worst, I had posted my exp GUI using spotify in DX220 on Android OS. Soundwise I prefer on Mango OS.

my point, Know what sound signature you wants... but if still dont like it, just move on and get other DAP to meet ur expectation.

Just my 5 cent

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2019 at 10:40 PM Post #8,358 of 13,478
If I had to be fair about the new firmware sound signature, u should tried acoustic song, with AMP1mk2, the guitar string fell so detail, which make me so amazed, that I dont exp this on previous FW.

20191002_093510.jpg
This songs become so damn details, which reminds me of SP2K... if my memory didn't deceived me...

just my 6 cent

Attachments

• 17BA31A6-15E7-419C-AC0B-BC2F905B5C70.jpeg
    17BA31A6-15E7-419C-AC0B-BC2F905B5C70.jpeg
    621 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 2, 2019 at 12:41 AM Post #8,359 of 13,478
Someone, please help me install Lurker firmware onto the DX220....I'm having trouble even when I follow the direction of his instructions. I got Neutron and I can't install it because I am having issues with Google Play Store...

Anyway, I have amp8 for sale if anyone is interested, IT04 and Dx200 also...Just PM me if interested......

Oct 2, 2019 at 1:22 AM Post #8,360 of 13,478
So I’ve been using amp8 for the last 2hrs.
I noticed battery life is much better on amp8 compared to amp1mk2. The Dx220 also runs much cooler with amp8.

I’m wondering if my amp1 has issues since it runs really hot and short battery life.

I’m really happy with the dx220, with both amp1 and amp8 :)

Oct 2, 2019 at 2:27 AM Post #8,361 of 13,478
upload_2019-10-2_10-23-44.png

That is an awful Lot of playback hours.... (CTTO korg Nutube)
equal to 13 y @ 6 hrs/day.
:gs1000smile: :ksc75smile: :o2smile:

Oct 2, 2019 at 4:18 AM Post #8,363 of 13,478
Don't want to sound toxic but seriously, if some one cannot tell the different between the dx220 and a smart phone should stop investigating into the audio hobby, really.

" Stop audio hobby" is a pretty toxic comment mate. I am 23, my hearing is 100% and I can hear up to 19.5 kHz

I didn't say " there are absolutely zero differences" .There are differences, mostly in favor of the DX221 but not really a noticeable improvement. (with the few amount of headphones and songs I tried so far)

By the way I still gonna receive the AMP8, if it sounds awesome my opinions can chance and I may start commenting like " This device is wonderful !!"

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2019 at 5:48 AM Post #8,364 of 13,478
Im the only one who noticed a very very very big difference between Mango OS and Android OS in terms of sound quality, soundstage and overall improve on Mango OS? I enjoy the music on a better way using Mango than Android.. Of course, Android its miles away in terms of usability but Mango its delicious in terms of sound, that's all :p

Oct 2, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #8,365 of 13,478
Im the only one who noticed a very very very big difference between Mango OS and Android OS in terms of sound quality, soundstage and overall improve on Mango OS? I enjoy the music on a better way using Mango than Android.. Of course, Android its miles away in terms of usability but Mango its delicious in terms of sound, that's all :p
You are not alone because I feel that MangoOS has higher audio quality if compared to the Android OS.

Oct 2, 2019 at 7:38 AM Post #8,367 of 13,478
Im gonna format the microSD, any recommendations? Because basically I had some issues trying to access to the SD from the Mac OS X app Android File Transfer, im not able to see all the directories so I decided to format to see if this is the problem, recommendations?

Oct 2, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #8,368 of 13,478
Im gonna format the microSD, any recommendations? Because basically I had some issues trying to access to the SD from the Mac OS X app Android File Transfer, im not able to see all the directories so I decided to format to see if this is the problem, recommendations?

I had some issues with accessing the folders from SD card on the MAC OS via Android File Transfer before as well that is why I stopped using the Android File Transfer, what I do now, is to use a Micro SD CARD reader when transferring files from MAC OS to SD Card.

And as long as it is in FAT32 I think you're good.

Oct 2, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #8,370 of 13,478
" Stop audio hobby" is a pretty toxic comment mate. I am 23, my hearing is 100% and I can hear up to 19.5 kHz

I didn't say " there are absolutely zero differences" .There are differences, mostly in favor of the DX221 but not really a noticeable improvement. (with the few amount of headphones and songs I tried so far)

By the way I still gonna receive the AMP8, if it sounds awesome my opinions can chance and I may start commenting like " This device is wonderful !!"

What made you chose the DX220 over say a M11 or Hiby or anything else? Just wondering what made you go for the TOTL Ibasso DAP over something cheaper if you're coming from a smartphone and that's your comparison.
You have burned in the DX220 100+ hours correct? Burned in the Aeon's for 400+? Burn in is real and can and does change the sound. If you haven't burned both the DAP and headphones in you might try that before you judge. I know the Aeon's opened a lot for me after burn in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back