DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Sep 15, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #7,922 of 13,478
Hi everybody
Sorry for the questions that will follow but i am not used to technical considerations :
- what makes that the sound seems so different between mango os and mango player in android mode? With the amp9 it really noticeable! And i dont get why.
-is mango os laggy for everyone compared to the mango player in android?
Thanks for answers

There are people with more technical knowledge than I who can answer this in more detail I'm sure. However, I *can* say that I've heard it's to do with the many background processes that are going on when Android is in use.
Because pure Mango mode avoids this, the signals are cleaner (less noise), so the sound is improved as a result. Maybe this results in a darker background.

I only use pure Mango mode, so I can't compare it with Mango in Android, but I can say that I don't find it to be excessively laggy in pure Mango mode; but everyone will have their own standards and expectations.

Hope this helps a bit :)

Sep 15, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #7,923 of 13,478
There are people with more technical knowledge than I who can answer this in more detail I'm sure. However, I *can* say that I've heard it's to do with the many background processes that are going on when Android is in use.
Because pure Mango mode avoids this, the signals are cleaner (less noise), so the sound is improved as a result. Maybe this results in a darker background.

I only use pure Mango mode, so I can't compare it with Mango in Android, but I can say that I don't find it to be excessively laggy in pure Mango mode; but everyone will have their own standards and expectations.

Hope this helps a bit :)

I went back to Android OS yesterday and tried USB Audio Player Pro and somehow I enjoyed it more than the original player and also Mango OS. Idk if i’m making things up but now I use Android because I want to listen to some quick Spotify instead of finding high quality FLACs and load them to SD card and then scan.

Sep 15, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #7,924 of 13,478
I can’t give you the technicalities but,in essence,it removes all the background processes. But I have to say the difference is far more than you would expect,more than switching to Pure Music in a fiio device which is the equivalent. I have also found,with the headsets I use,high gain on android and Mango OS defaults to medium and is actually louder. Yes,the difference is not subtle it’s substantial.
I do not find any lag in Mango OS.

Sep 15, 2019 at 11:23 PM Post #7,925 of 13,478
Hey guys need some help here I am trying to figure out if Dx220 can do audio output so I can use an external dac/amp to proccess the music and use the dx220 as dap purely...
can that be done via usb out or Line out?
Will it be android SRC free?

Sep 16, 2019 at 12:09 AM Post #7,926 of 13,478
Hey guys need some help here I am trying to figure out if Dx220 can do audio output so I can use an external dac/amp to proccess the music and use the dx220 as dap purely...
can that be done via usb out or Line out?
Will it be android SRC free?

I covered in my review DX220 optical out and coax (spdif) out to drive micro iDSD DAC/amp, no issues. Don't recall if I tested usb digital out. These are your options to use DX220 as a "transport" to drive external DAC/amp. Line Out is the output of internal DAC so you can connect to external AMP, that will not work for your external DAC/amp.

Sep 16, 2019 at 12:30 AM Post #7,927 of 13,478
I covered in my review DX220 optical out and coax (spdif) out to drive micro iDSD DAC/amp, no issues. Don't recall if I tested usb digital out. These are your options to use DX220 as a "transport" to drive external DAC/amp. Line Out is the output of internal DAC so you can connect to external AMP, that will not work for your external DAC/amp.

Hi thanks for the reply :)

The thing is I would like to make a android dap combo with woo audio wa8. And that device only got 2 options for line in ( a 3.5mm and usb.

In an instance if I want to use dx220 as a source and wa8 as dac/amp I guess my only options are usb.

Thats why I really need to know if dx220 can do audio usb output.

Sep 16, 2019 at 12:53 AM Post #7,928 of 13,478
Hi thanks for the reply :)

The thing is I would like to make a android dap combo with woo audio wa8. And that device only got 2 options for line in ( a 3.5mm and usb.

In an instance if I want to use dx220 as a source and wa8 as dac/amp I guess my only options are usb.

Thats why I really need to know if dx220 can do audio usb output.

Well, look at the spec of WA8, it has ES9018M DAC + Tube amp. Why would you want to bypass DX220 higher end ES9028Pro DAC in favor of inferior ES9018M? :wink: Use DX220 3.5mm Line Out going into WA8 3.5mm Line In. At least that would make sense to me, to drive WA8 tubes with DX220 DAC output.

Sep 16, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #7,930 of 13,478
IMG_20190916_160418.jpg Enjoy the music... Oh yes I certainly am

Sep 16, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #7,932 of 13,478
So what does Lurker do to the DX220?

I dont run lurker firmware now just the stock ibasso one , lurker firmware allowed you to install google play store think it also had a few sound tweaks that you could apply

Sep 16, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #7,933 of 13,478
If I'm not fan of the M11, I find it lacks warmth and sounds to clean for my liking, would I like the DX220 more? Would look at adding Fidelizer ROM and even get him to mod it but the extra cost over the M11 has me seconding guessing myself and since I can't compare them personally I figured I'd ask here.
I really didn't like the sound of the M11 at first but after burning it in for 100+ hours now I'm starting to like it more but I'm still drawn towards the DX220.
So really I have a couple questions. Would I like the DX220 if I don't like the M11 and for anyone with Fidelizer hardware mods are they worth it and would you recommend them?

Sep 16, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #7,935 of 13,478
Hey, all. I tried my questions over on the Help forum, even knowing that this mega-thread existed, but was kindly directed here anyway. So hello and thanks for letting me jump into the conversation. :)

Love the DX220 so far! Great device for my many wants and desires. I have a few questions regarding Bluetooth that I haven't been able to answer through extensive fooling around (technical term), or by searching sites, reviews, and threads:
  1. Streaming Tidal from my iPad Pro to the DX220, I never see any greater than 44.1kHz with Master tracks. I have tried all the Bluetooth combos in the developer options to no effect. Limits of IOS and the Bluetooth codec perhaps? Of course Tidal streams at full kHz just fine on the DX220 itself (and it sounds AMAZING).
  2. My iPad gets kicked off the DX220 when I am not streaming. This means I need to go over to the DX220, hit the power button, then reconnect on my iPad through its Bluetooth settings. Not the end of the world, but not something I want to have to do repeatedly either. The only thing I could think to try was to turn sleep off in system settings, but that didn't help ultimately.
  3. Speaking of developer options, some of them stick, some of them don't. When I modify the Bluetooth Audio Codec, or Playback Quality, or Sample Rate -- then exit Options and come back -- I find everything has reverted back to default. Is that normal behavior? If I get 1 and 2 answered above then I kind of don't care that much, but still curious.
Thanks in advance. My questions aren't show-stoppers, but it would be nice to use the DX220 as a Bluetooth receiver in total.

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-16_10-21-12.png
    upload_2019-9-16_10-21-12.png
    61.7 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back