DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Sep 12, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #7,891 of 13,478
Sep 12, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #7,892 of 13,478
81D3E5EE-5458-4CA9-AE67-50DB20C47F50.jpeg Hello all, may I know if the battery is still usable when the black colour sticker wrapped around the battery is abit worn off?

Sep 13, 2019 at 3:09 AM Post #7,894 of 13,478
The battery case itself is not punctured, you would have known if it was. I would cover the area, or the whole battery with an extra layer of tape and use it.

May I know which tape do you suggest to wrap the whole battery?

Sep 13, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #7,896 of 13,478
I would use Kapton tape, google it you should be able to find a supplier near to you.

Agreed it's electronics electrical tape. Works great!

Sep 13, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #7,897 of 13,478
I haven't read the whole thread - so apologies if this has been asked and answered.

After I purchased my 64 Audio A18's - I went looking for a DAP for them. I tried everything from my old AK240, Fiio X7, AK 1000, Sony WM1A/1Z, AK SE100, and Ibasso DX200.

I liked the sound quality and feature set of the DX200 the best (especially with my Amp 4), despite other DAPs costing significantly more. Further, I think the A18s benefit from a sabre DAC because of their tonal balance.

That said, while I still own it, I ended up moving to the AK SE100 instead because of the software and bugs in the DX200. Specifically, the loud clicking with Tidal and other streaming services really bothered me. I would also get clicks with the native Ibasso player, as well as other Android players - and had to jump through tons of hoops to make it work - at least decently - without the clicks. While the software wasn't super polished, the loud clicking was the dealbreaker for me; I seriously felt I was going to damage my expensive IEMs.

Has this been resolved with the DX220? If so, I may pick one up. Further, should DX220 with Amp 4 (the original), sound relatively similar to the DX200 Amp 4? Has there been any new Amp released which is on par with Amp 4, either with a 4.4 mm out or other? Using a paper spacer to work with the jack was a bit of a PITA.

Such an exceptional sounding player - and a full android experience unlike AK. But AK software at least was world's better. I can deal with a less polished UI - but I don't want my song's cut off, nor do I want the clicks. Will this remedy those issues? Admittedly, I stopped updating firmware on my Dx200 at some point as I used the SE100 exclusively. Perhaps some of those issues were already remedied?

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #7,898 of 13,478
I haven't read the whole thread - so apologies if this has been asked and answered.

After I purchased my 64 Audio A18's - I went looking for a DAP for them. I tried everything from my old AK240, Fiio X7, AK 1000, Sony WM1A/1Z, AK SE100, and Ibasso DX200.

I liked the sound quality and feature set of the DX200 the best (especially with my Amp 4), despite other DAPs costing significantly more. Further, I think the A18s benefit from a sabre DAC because of their tonal balance.

That said, while I still own it, I ended up moving to the AK SE100 instead because of the software and bugs in the DX200. Specifically, the loud clicking with Tidal and other streaming services really bothered me. I would also get clicks with the native Ibasso player, as well as other Android players - and had to jump through tons of hoops to make it work - at least decently - without the clicks. While the software wasn't super polished, the loud clicking was the dealbreaker for me; I seriously felt I was going to damage my expensive IEMs.

Has this been resolved with the DX220? If so, I may pick one up. Further, should DX220 with Amp 4 (the original), sound relatively similar to the DX200 Amp 4? Has there been any new Amp released which is on par with Amp 4, either with a 4.4 mm out or other? Using a paper spacer to work with the jack was a bit of a PITA.

Such an exceptional sounding player - and a full android experience unlike AK. But AK software at least was world's better. I can deal with a less polished UI - but I don't want my song's cut off, nor do I want the clicks. Will this remedy those issues? Admittedly, I stopped updating firmware on my Dx200 at some point as I used the SE100 exclusively. Perhaps some of those issues were already remedied?
I'm on the same situtation with you, using DX200 with AMP9. I think there're some comparisons between 220 and 200, 220 sounds a bit warmer and a touch wider soundstage

Sep 13, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #7,899 of 13,478
[...] Specifically, the loud clicking with Tidal and other streaming services really bothered me. [...] Has this been resolved with the DX220? [...] but I don't want my song's cut off, nor do I want the clicks. Will this remedy those issues? Admittedly, I stopped updating firmware on my Dx200 at some point as I used the SE100 exclusively. Perhaps some of those issues were already remedied?

I don´t use Tidal but made a search and found this ... "You do want to update the firmware to at least 1.09, as the stock original firmware made Tidal streaming unlistenable with weird clicks and pops." here - it may help?
My 2 cents

Sep 13, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #7,902 of 13,478
Tidal Playback is *almost* flawless with the DX220 - zero clicks and pops, but the first second or so of the first track on an offline/downloaded album get skipped when starting to play - hitting back plays it fine and all subsequent tracks play fine. As I recall it’s fine streaming, but I almost exclusively listen offline.

I enjoy the Amp9 a good bit, but it is only single ended (less power) and noisier (hum and mild
Tube microphonics) compared with the already quiet excellent stock Amp1mk1

Sep 13, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #7,903 of 13,478
...Further, should DX220 with Amp 4 (the original), sound relatively similar to the DX200 Amp 4? Has there been any new Amp released which is on par with Amp 4, either with a 4.4 mm out or other? Using a paper spacer to work with the jack was a bit of a PITA.

Regarding this part of your question, it gives me great delight to introduce you to the legend known as "AMP8" :D
The general consensus on here seems to be that it is either the best AMP unit, or one of the very best.
Also that the amp unit which it most closely resembles soundwise is the AMP4, and that it also outperforms AMP4 in pretty much every way.
However, some may hold differing views of course, since it's all subjective, preference etc.

But for sure, if you're getting DX220, I can thoroughly recommend AMP8 :)

Sep 13, 2019 at 8:41 PM Post #7,905 of 13,478
Does DX220 support Bluetooth aptx HD? Spesifications doesn't mention it but some users said that it works. Can someone with an aptx HD headphone quickly try it and report the result? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back