DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Aug 19, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #7,546 of 13,478
I saw on Youtube a comparison between Ibasso DX220 and Fiio M11. The reviewer also assigned the winner to M11. But are we sure that M11 is better than the Ibasso DX220? It seems honestly a bit strange to me, considering the audio DACs that Ibasso owns. Does anyone have to comment?
I have now ordered Ibasso but I have yet to arrive, however it seems strange to me that M11 is better as a sound quality than Ibasso

Aug 19, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #7,547 of 13,478
I saw on Youtube a comparison between Ibasso DX220 and Fiio M11. Even the reviewer gave M11 the winner. But are we sure that M11 is better than Ibasso DX220? To me it honestly seems a bit strange, considering the audio DACs Ibasso owns. Does anyone have to comment?
I have now ordered Ibasso DX220 and we have yet to arrive, but it seems strange to me that they say which M11 audio quality is better.
I can write a review and say my Ipod sounds the best. Why can be for many reasons. Maybe that review was focusing on cost along with sound and how pretty the screen is.

Aug 19, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #7,548 of 13,478
I saw on Youtube a comparison between Ibasso DX220 and Fiio M11. Even the reviewer gave M11 the winner. But are we sure that M11 is better than Ibasso DX220? To me it honestly seems a bit strange, considering the audio DACs Ibasso owns. Does anyone have to comment?
I have now ordered Ibasso DX220 and we have yet to arrive, but it seems strange to me that they say which M11 audio quality is better.

Youtube is full of honest, unbiased opinions - and many opinions are: A is better than B, B is better than C, C is better than D and ... D is better than A ... :confounded:
Youtube is also full of audio reviews from people with tough ears - they can't distinguish a mp3 file on a iPod from a DSD515 on DX220

Bottom line: Enjoy your DX220 and live happy

Aug 19, 2019 at 7:40 AM Post #7,549 of 13,478
[QUOTE = "Paulo Abreu, post: 15132721, membro: 446271"] Youtube è pieno di opinioni oneste e imparziali - e molte opinioni sono: A è meglio di B, B è meglio di C, C è meglio di D e .. D è meglio di A ... :confuso:
Youtube è anche pieno di recensioni audio di persone con orecchie difficili: non riescono a distinguere un file mp3 su un iPod da un DSD515 su DX220

In conclusione: goditi il tuo DX220 e vivi felice [/ QUOTE]
ok
Even using only FLAC are good on Ibasso?

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #7,550 of 13,478
Youtube is full of honest, unbiased opinions - and many opinions are: A is better than B, B is better than C, C is better than D and ... D is better than A ... :confounded:
Youtube is also full of audio reviews from people with tough ears - they can't distinguish a mp3 file on a iPod from a DSD515 on DX220

Bottom line: Enjoy your DX220 and live happy

True lol.

[QUOTE = "Paulo Abreu, post: 15132721, membro: 446271"] Youtube è pieno di opinioni oneste e imparziali - e molte opinioni sono: A è meglio di B, B è meglio di C, C è meglio di D e .. D è meglio di A ... :confuso:
Youtube è anche pieno di recensioni audio di persone con orecchie difficili: non riescono a distinguere un file mp3 su un iPod da un DSD515 su DX220

In conclusione: goditi il tuo DX220 e vivi felice [/ QUOTE]
ok

I grew up speaking Italian...and now I've lost it. I need to practice again.

Aug 19, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #7,551 of 13,478
Well, I have both the ibasso 220 and the Fiio M11 so I can compare. Both are superb. Fiio has a slightly larger screen,is easier to use,has great flexibility. The ibasso has the better sound . If I had to keep one I would keep ibasso. But,seriously, the Fiio is excellent and ticks almost every box for demanding listeners. Daps have come a long long way in the last couple of years. As said,the ibasso shades it,it’s sound is really sublime.
I tend to use the fiio for Sennheiser 660s as it has the 4.4 balanced input and for Bluetooth as the fiio app integrates well with lyric apps. The ibasso for everything else,including linking to active speakers. I think I saw the same YouTube review and,if I recall,the Fiio was favoured as it has a lower price point not a better sound,both were rated very highly.

Aug 19, 2019 at 8:02 AM Post #7,552 of 13,478
Well, I have both the ibasso 220 and the Fiio M11 so I can compare. Both are superb. Fiio has a slightly larger screen,is easier to use,has great flexibility. The ibasso has the better sound . If I had to keep one I would keep ibasso. But,seriously, the Fiio is excellent and ticks almost every box for demanding listeners. Daps have come a long long way in the last couple of years. As said,the ibasso shades it,it’s sound is really sublime.
I tend to use the fiio for Sennheiser 660s as it has the 4.4 balanced input and for Bluetooth as the fiio app integrates well with lyric apps. The ibasso for everything else,including linking to active speakers. I think I saw the same YouTube review and,if I recall,the Fiio was favoured as it has a lower price point not a better sound,both were rated very highly.
This is the first comment that helps me a lot. Thank you very much

Aug 19, 2019 at 8:42 AM Post #7,553 of 13,478
I want to comment about M11 but afraid it will trigger something...

If pairing with my IEM, M11 Hiss, and is not even better then my N5iiS..
which DX221mk2 revealed more on the Mid / Vocal... but again this was I experienced... IMO,
if compare to N6ii, now This is more interesting, since it will be in around same bracket...
but soundwise, My ear still prefer DX221mk2...

Fly away...

Aug 19, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #7,554 of 13,478
I saw on Youtube a comparison between Ibasso DX220 and Fiio M11. The reviewer also assigned the winner to M11. But are we sure that M11 is better than the Ibasso DX220? It seems honestly a bit strange to me, considering the audio DACs that Ibasso owns. Does anyone have to comment?
I have now ordered Ibasso but I have yet to arrive, however it seems strange to me that M11 is better as a sound quality than Ibasso

I was able to try the M11 to the audio store here and compare it with the 220 using the 4.4mm out, for the price it is a really good DAP.

But as for the SQ, I wouldn't say that it is better than DX220. To me the M11 sounds too forward and can be "shouty" at times and since it is being too forward it sometimes gives me a impression of it sounding too closed or congested in terms of headroom, also there was a distinct loss of details when switching back and forth to 220 and M11. In the end, I was not really that impressed on how the M11 sounds, I think I just expected too much due to the hype it gets before, but if you don't really raise your expectation that much (because of the hype), it is really a good sounding and a multi-functional DAP.

Please do take this impression with a grain of salt :).

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #7,556 of 13,478
I was able to try the M11 to the audio store here and compare it with the 220 using the 4.4mm out, for the price it is a really good DAP.

But as for the SQ, I wouldn't say that it is better than DX220. To me the M11 sounds too forward and can be "shouty" at times and since it is being too forward it sometimes gives me a impression of it sounding too closed or congested in terms of headroom, also there was a distinct loss of details when switching back and forth to 220 and M11. In the end, I was not really that impressed on how the M11 sounds, I think I just expected too much due to the hype it gets before, but if you don't really raise your expectation that much (because of the hype), it is really a good sounding and a multi-functional DAP.

Please do take this impression with a grain of salt :).
Well,as said I have both. I would go some way down the road with you your impression is not inaccurate,but,if you spend time with both daps,you realise that it is far from night and day,that the the difference in sound quality is more nuanced. It becomes more evident when using the Mango OS. The price point leads to the hype,and I believe the hype is largely justified.. I prefer the ibasso but not in all respects,and not by so very much. I guess we have to applaud what both companies have done recently,whilst the devices cost a lot of money you are getting premium sound and build quality at a price point that just didn’t exist a couple of years ago. I would not discourage anyone from buying either dap. Of course the M11 is not a direct comparison with the ibasso,for that we need to wait for the M11 pro, or M15,whatever they choose to call it. I doubt it will sound any better than the 220 though,perhaps more features and flexibility.

Aug 19, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #7,557 of 13,478
I couldn't disagree more.

The AMP9 module is fantastic, the AMP8 is more than just loud, it gives a much wider soundstage, brings out the detail in rock that makes your leg keep time, and do the "air guitar". As for your impression of AMP1MKii...wow...lol. Talk about not hearing what others have. Including myself.

Bloatedness? Lack of sharpness...? I'm hearing none of that at all. As for Neutron's PEQ, I personally don't use it, but enjoy the app. Buttery aftertaste?

Dude, for a "grand" this device is ridiculous. lol

FiiO M11 is not "bad"...

From what you wrote, taken as a whole, I would surmise that you haven't burned in anything. The sounds you say you hear are distinctive of a unit and AMP module that have not been sufficiently burned in.

Everyone's ears are different though.

I'm curious what other DAP you think is better than "not bad" for the price point, flexibility, customization?

I was just expressing my subjective observation here. I am not saying other totl daps are justified for their high price tags but relatively speaking the price to performance ratio of
dx220 is remarkable. I might have understated when I said it's 'not bad' for a grand. Like I said dx229 has enough resolution but being extremely smooth and rather thick, it tends to
make me believe I am losing out on sharpness on some genre. This could not be a technical issue.

Aug 19, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #7,558 of 13,478
Guys, im looking for an IEM that match the DX220. Now im using Andromeda S but I don't feel as comfortable as I would like so im searching for a pair that fits perfect with the dap

Aug 19, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #7,560 of 13,478
Guys, im looking for an IEM that match the DX220. Now im using Andromeda S but I don't feel as comfortable as I would like so im searching for a pair that fits perfect with the dap
Check out Meze Rai Penta, it is said pretty comfortable as it is small in size.
I don't have it, but it is at top of my iem list for next purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back