DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jul 10, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #6,166 of 13,478
Thank you guys for the feedbacks on your purchases.
I wont return my unit, the sound is just amazing and tomorrow I will report my thoughts about the AMP8.
If one day - in the future - iBasso will produce the AMP10 with NuTube and balanced output, it will be a problem for my wallet :o2smile:
That problem isn’t as much as the next device in line that uses NuTube for portable player, the Cayin N8. LOL!

Jul 10, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #6,167 of 13,478
I wont return my unit, the sound is just amazing and tomorrow I will report my thoughts about the AMP8.
If one day - in the future - iBasso will produce the AMP10 with NuTube and balanced output, it will be a problem for my wallet :o2smile:

Yes amp10! Reason I didn't get an amp9 was lack of power, No 4.4mm(don't like to use adapters), and hiss(probably not a real issue). So instead I upgraded my amp8. I wish they would make an amp10 to be a bit longer/bigger for more room for more components. Make it more powerful for people who don't care for battery life as much.

Jul 10, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #6,168 of 13,478
That problem isn’t as much as the next device in line that uses NuTube for portable player, the Cayin N8. LOL!
I wonder if less n8 are selling due to this ibasso amp and oriolus tube people (including me) are pairing their M11 with.

Jul 10, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #6,169 of 13,478
I wonder if less n8 are selling due to this ibasso amp and oriolus tube people (including me) are pairing their M11 with.
Well, both has different sound signature, and then different UI, different pricing, and different “fans”. I would recommend anyone to listen to both to decide

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #6,170 of 13,478

I don’t think that will be possible with Nutubes on current form. AFAIK to get a balanced out you would need two triodes (2x Nutube) and I don't think they would fit the case of the amp module - isn't that right holly grail of mods? @Whitigir ?

Jul 10, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #6,171 of 13,478
I don’t think that will be possible with Nutubes on current form. AFAIK to get a balanced out you would need two triodes (2x Nutube) and I don't think they would fit the case of the amp module - isn't that right holly grail of mods? @Whitigir ?
It is possible to have that supersized Amp module with it own battery and 2X of those tubes. The only one who can decide is @Paul - iBasso :). We all should sign a petition or something haahha. Btw, there are more people who modify and DIY than I do, most of the time no one share anything because it is uniquely their own.

Jul 10, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #6,172 of 13,478
Well, both has different sound signature, and then different UI, different pricing, and different “fans”. I would recommend anyone to listen to both to decide
Well I have a M11 with oriolus tube amp and that sounds amazing. Going to get AMP9 for dx220 anyday now.

Jul 10, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #6,173 of 13,478
What ever happened to the Oriolus DP150 with tubes and swap-able amp goodness.

Opiolus-DP150.jpg

Jul 10, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #6,174 of 13,478

I've never seen that one before. Looks like it had potential though

Jul 10, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #6,176 of 13,478

I searched heavily for the DP150 last year but, AFAIK, it never went into production.

Based on how hot my BA-10 and CV5 can get, perhaps heat was a problem Oriolus couldn't solve.

Good thing about the Nutube is it barely gets warm.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #6,178 of 13,478
I searched heavily for the DP150 last year but, AFAIK, it never went into production.

Based on how hot my BA-10 and CV5 can get, perhaps heat was a problem Oriolus couldn't solve.

Good thing about the Nutube is it barely gets warm.

Yeah it seemed like it went to a lot of shows and thats it. Hoping for a DP200.

Jul 10, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #6,179 of 13,478
The DX229 is amazing, my favourite DAP by a significant margin, only issue is hiss with my Noble Encores but solved with iFi iEMatch.

Doesn’t iEMatch cut some of what is the character of AMP9? Interesting device, judging by your words its a keeper?
Those Noble IEMs have always been among my favorites, just for looks, never heard one ... better not ...

Jul 10, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #6,180 of 13,478
Definitely amp9 sounds much better than amp8 with IEM/CIEM in all spectrum. I noticed the soundstage is larger and expanded sideways with separate music instruments.

I have a DX200 and not a DX220 but there is much more activity here on this thread.

The sound from the AMP9 is sublime. It manages to combine a really good bass signature, but at the same time you get great sounding euphoric vocals. Acoustic guitars sound so real. And as you write and I have also noticed - the separation between the various instruments does seem really good.

I pair it with SE846s - it makes them “sing”, Meze Classics - makes them even warmer ( both easy to drive) , But I find Amp 9 easlily powerful enough to drive Sennheiser HD600s & Beyerdynamic T90s on low gain

Users who are viewing this thread

Back