DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jul 10, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #6,136 of 13,478
Just got my new pure silver Litz cable rig from @teds headfood! I took an idea from @jamato8 and we designed this cable with exchangeable connector ends and exchangeable headphone connector ends...along with my signature skull splitter. Here you see 6.5mm, 4.4mm, 3.5mm, 2.5mm, XLR connections, and Audeze and Mr. Speakers headphone connections. With this, I'm done buying cables for any cans in the future. I'd just have to have the appropriate ends made up.

@teds headfood does phenomenal work!

That is an excellent work! But I'm always been weary on having the extra connections degrade the sq. I'm sure it's very slight and may not be audible.

Jul 10, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #6,137 of 13,478
Now you can use Amp3EX line out :D ?

YES!

That is an excellent work! But I'm always been weary on having the extra connections degrade the sq. I'm sure it's very slight and may not be audible.

I'm using it under critical scrutiny now side by side with my straight Litz rig he made me for my LCD2's and there is absolutely no difference in sound. For the test tracks, I'm using my Test Music playlist of 132 FLAC files off @Whitigir 's DX220-EX using AMP3-EX and WOW does this sound f*cking fantastic!!

Jul 10, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #6,138 of 13,478
My amp9 give a amazing sound quality excellently with dx220. It is very loud even with low gain setting. But noise background is also detected easily. I think it is the true quality of amp9.
I am very surprised negatively after my dx220 restarted, amp9 gave very low volume, lower stock amp than significantly. I must reinsert stock amp and restating dx220, after that reinserting amp9 (not restating dx220) again, it will made volume louder again.
Hope new firmware will fix this prolem

Attachments

• 20190709_100236.jpg
    20190709_100236.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20190709_100356.jpg
    20190709_100356.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Jul 10, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #6,139 of 13,478
My amp9 give a amazing sound quality excellently with dx220. It is very loud even with low gain setting. But noise background is also detected easily. I think it is the true quality of amp9.
I am very surprised negatively after my dx220 restarted, amp9 gave very low volume, lower stock amp than significantly. I must reinsert stock amp and restating dx220, after that reinserting amp9 (not restating dx220) again, it will made volume louder again.
Hope new firmware will fix this prolem

Yes, you do need to update DX220 with a new fw to use amp9 to its full potential. Also, unlike some other amp modules, don't plug amp9 when DAP is powered up. I would suggest to shut it down, plug amp9, and power it back on. This "low volume" thing happened to me once when I switched to amp9 while dx220 was powered up.

Jul 10, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #6,141 of 13,478
Does any one know if pre-modded Amp 8 can be purchased?
May be from @Whitigir ? hahah nice job on modding the Amp8 by the way. Bravo!!

Thanks a lot!

Jul 10, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #6,142 of 13,478

Thanks a lot!
Sure - directly from iBasso's website! I have ordered directly from them on multiple occasions with no issues and super fast shipping - even faster than ordering from the big jungle online store in many instances...

Cheers,
Tim

Jul 10, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #6,143 of 13,478
Ok guys, I'm going to tell what happened today with my iBasso DX220.
I purcheased this device from Amazon UK but sold and shipped by Advanced MP3 Player store.
Today I unboxed the product and I noticed dust, scratches and wear on the lateral screw of the stock amp module. It is clear that I received an used unit.

Apart from the sad news, I have to say that this music player is amazing. It heats a lot, maybe the battery life is very short, but the sound is incredibly amazing. I never heard such a quality of sound. I tested the DX220 with the Sony XBA-N3 and Mee Audio balanced cable. Furthermore I installed Neutron and the pairing is unbelievable. Sorry but I still don't have words to describe everything :smile_phones:

I am still waiting for the seller's feedback because I asked a partial refund. If he does not agree with my request of compromise, then I will return the package.

Can you suggest a good store where I can be sure 100% that I will get a brand new product?
Have you considered ordering directly from iBasso? See my post above regarding my excellent experiences in that regard.

Cheers,
Tim

Jul 10, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #6,144 of 13,478
Ok guys, I'm going to tell what happened today with my iBasso DX220.
I purcheased this device from Amazon UK but sold and shipped by Advanced MP3 Player store.
Today I unboxed the product and I noticed dust, scratches and wear on the lateral screw of the stock amp module. It is clear that I received an used unit.

Apart from the sad news, I have to say that this music player is amazing. It heats a lot, maybe the battery life is very short, but the sound is incredibly amazing. I never heard such a quality of sound. I tested the DX220 with the Sony XBA-N3 and Mee Audio balanced cable. Furthermore I installed Neutron and the pairing is unbelievable. Sorry but I still don't have words to describe everything :smile_phones:

I am still waiting for the seller's feedback because I asked a partial refund. If he does not agree with my request of compromise, then I will return the package.

Can you suggest a good store where I can be sure 100% that I will get a brand new product?
I am sorry you have received something that is less than expected. The DX220 has a clear plastic on the front and back. This protects the case during the assembly process and will most always have some scratches etc on it but it is meant to be removed by the customer. It is meant to be removed. The screws, we have special screw drivers but it may have been caused by us and I will alert our line to take extra precautions. You can email me at paul@ibasso.com with your address, with postal code, email address and phone number, and I will have a pair of new set screws sent out to you. Paul

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 10, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #6,145 of 13,478
I am sorry you have received something that is less than expected. The DX220 has a clear plastic on the front and back. This protects the case during the assembly process and will most always have some scratches etc on it but it is meant to be removed by the customer. It is meant to be removed. The screws, we have special screw drivers but it may have been caused by us and I will alert our line to take extra precautions. You can email me at paul@ibasso.com with your address, with postal code, email address and phone number, and I will have a pair of new set screws sent out to you. Paul

Hi @Paul - iBasso,
Thank you very much for your comment, anyway I think to not return this device because it's sounding very very good.
I am still listening to the music with this amazing device and I have no words to express my respect for iBasso. Thank you for let us listen to a very high level of sound!

Jul 10, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #6,146 of 13,478
Sure - directly from iBasso's website! I have ordered directly from them on multiple occasions with no issues and super fast shipping - even faster than ordering from the big jungle online store in many instances...

Cheers,
Tim

For the unmodded amp 8, I'm sure.
how about the ready modded one?

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #6,147 of 13,478

Thanks a lot!
If you mean, an AMP8 the is modded so that you can purchase it that way, I am not sure. If you mean you want one, before being modded, then there are a number of sources.:slight_smile:

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 10, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #6,148 of 13,478

Thanks a lot!
If I got your question correctly. If there is an “already modified Amp8 with EX, my published modifications”. Then, no, I have not seen it yet, and every technicians can do it, they can pre-mod and sell it. But I have not seen it yet. Pre-done by me is “No”

Jul 10, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #6,150 of 13,478
I've been back and forth between 7 and 9 over the last few days and.....

20190710_182824.jpg

It's only a bit of hiss.....:)

It bothered me at first because I was used to the silence of the SE from the other amps, but the Amp9 just sounds so nice I don't think I can fight it any more! It's a keeper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back