DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jul 10, 2019 at 11:18 PM Post #6,197 of 13,478
Interesting. No I also have a US model/Snapdragon S9+

I'll dig into some settings tomorrow to see if I can get it to work, thanks for the heads up

Btw, I'm on Verizon...

Well, since DC01 is listed in the title of this thread, and I can't find another dedicated DC01 thread, I assume this will not be considering a hijacking if I mention about my full review of DC01 I just posted. Enjoy the read!

ibasso_dc01-06.jpg

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:47 AM Post #6,198 of 13,478
Interesting. No I also have a US model/Snapdragon S9+

I'll dig into some settings tomorrow to see if I can get it to work, thanks for the heads up

DC01 defect?

Jul 11, 2019 at 1:11 AM Post #6,200 of 13,478
Btw, I'm on Verizon...

Well, since DC01 is listed in the title of this thread, and I can't find another dedicated DC01 thread, I assume this will not be considering a hijacking if I mention about my full review of DC01 I just posted. Enjoy the read!

I presumed other will dont mind, since still come from the same brand.

Verizon means is Snapdragon right ? Wish u get hand of the Enyxos version, because the DAC used (CIRRUS, CMIIW) in it is better then the Snapdragon... but this DC01 is an option...

Anyway... Great review as always

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2019 at 2:39 AM Post #6,203 of 13,478
Yes amp10! Reason I didn't get an amp9 was lack of power, No 4.4mm(don't like to use adapters), and hiss(probably not a real issue). So instead I upgraded my amp8. I wish they would make an amp10 to be a bit longer/bigger for more room for more components. Make it more powerful for people who don't care for battery life as much.

Same here; really tempted to try amp 9.

But all my phones/IEMS have a 4,4mm balanced connector.
I don't want to redo all the cabling and don't want to use an adapter

Really looking forward to amp 10 that has Korg tubes and balanced 4,4 mm output

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:13 AM Post #6,205 of 13,478
Jul 11, 2019 at 3:39 AM Post #6,207 of 13,478
Doesn’t iEMatch cut some of what is the character of AMP9? Interesting device, judging by your words its a keeper?
Those Noble IEMs have always been among my favorites, just for looks, never heard one ... better not ...

I've had to boost volume from around 85 to 115 with the iFi set to 'High' or have to go to 130 with the iFi set on 'Ultra'. I've done some A/B'ing and allowing for the time it takes to disconnect, reconnect and adjust volume, I can't detect any noticeable loss in quality. I focused on detail, clarity, soundstage and texture and it all seemed good to me although, I am sure a more discerning user would find some negatives.

I always liked the look of Nobles as well and reading their thread, those that had them seemed to really rate them and the company are really engaged with their customers (similar to iBasso). My eye was always drawn to the Encores but I thought I would only ever be in the Savant/Sage space due to cost but, I must admit, I was put off by the fact that they are twin BA only. When Massdrop released the Noble X I jumped in as I felt I could better justify the cost and when I received them a couple of months later I was amazed with the sound that came from a twin BA IEM. Happy with the Xs, about a year ago I found myself in a position to upgrade and bought the Encores and l am so pleased that I did. The detail is phenomenal, the bass is there but controlled (which then comes out beautifully with the AMP9), the soundstage is not just wide, it's three dimensional which, with the instrument separation puts you right into the recording.

Jul 11, 2019 at 5:45 AM Post #6,209 of 13,478
So, Amp9 is in the house!

First impression: smooth, musical mids, perhaps a little less 'sparkle' (likely due to the former - less 'sharp' with modern mixes), wide stage, just very pleasant. I am getting a fair amount of microphonics and I'm wondering if its normal, or something that will tame as I use it more. With the case off, running my nail along the edges of the player is clearly audible, as is adjusting the volume. Moving the plug in the socket also causes noise and a brief high-pitched whine that dies down. Basically tube 'noise' that I'm used to from a guitar amp if I move it while its on, so I figure its probably par for the course. Or should I be expecting more from the damping? Simply listening, with the case on, and the player in my pocket and there's no problem. Will this settle in a little as it warms, or is this just the nature of the beast?

It does hiss quite a bit with my Andromeda S, though; not annoying when listening to music, but it's not anywhere near as quiet as the single ended out on the Amp1mkII. Output power also seems a good bit lower, need to push the volume up 15-20 steps (SE, Android) to get to a similar listening level. It plays much better with my Atlas, high gain, bit of hiss (less than the Andro on low gain), wonderful bass slam - blasted Muse's 'Hysteria' on high volume and got chills....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back