DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jul 4, 2019 at 11:18 PM Post #5,866 of 13,478
No, I don't have any wifi dongle so I cannot test that but, maybe it works without any crackling noise because it's an external device :p.
I want to ask if anyone has it can help me test and if it works I will order one :)
In my picture, I am using USB to ethernet adapter and no noise at all.
So what problem are you trying to solve or do you just want to try one?

Jul 5, 2019 at 5:19 AM Post #5,867 of 13,478
2 questions guys.

1. any shop where buy AMP9 with some "headfier" discount?
2. sleeping time future: could it be bugged? tried yestereday night for 25 minutes timer but when I wake up today dx220 just online. And strangely some hrs ago I found it shutdown. So I did some attempts using 5 minute timer that does not work. And strangely after 15-20minutes I found it shutdown...So it seems there is something strange...

ciao!

Jul 5, 2019 at 5:59 AM Post #5,869 of 13,478
TGIF...

20190705_165559.jpg
was doing all song shuffle...
then this song come out...

wow... never thought Mp3 sounds this good...

Cheers for u guys who enjoying AMP9....

Jul 5, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #5,870 of 13,478
I tried amp9 with fitear iem. Found a lot of hiss. Feelbadman.

Update found hiss with android.

No hiss in mango mode.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #5,873 of 13,478
Hi , I'm new here and just bought this nice device (instead of my older Onkyo DP-X1). I'd like to know if someone can help me :
Is there a way that the artist names will show instead of teh Album Artist names in the display ?
I have a lot of mixed compilations from DJs where the Album Artist is the DJ but where the tracks come from many other artists.
Thx!

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #5,874 of 13,478
I tried amp9 with fitear iem. Found a lot of hiss. Feelbadman.

Update found hiss with android.

No hiss in mango mode.

At what volume are you listening with amp9? I have discussed this with a few people already, you need to push amp9 volume setting higher than your usual in Android mode. By that, I don't mean to make it louder, just that you need to dial it up to get to the same listening level as you would with amp8 or amp1km2. For example with one particular pair of my lower impedance sensitive iems, in mid gain from 3.5mm SE w/amp1mk2 my listening volume level is 75. Then I switch to amp9, and in mid gain from 3.5mm SE amp9 it's 105, but when switch to Mango OS w/amp9 - it's 55. Just sharing my observation without any "sound science" behind it. Don't know what's going in Android mode w/amp9, but for those who are afraid to push the volume and keeping it at their usual lower setting, you gonna hear more of that "waterfall" hissing, so push the volume higher.

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #5,875 of 13,478
At what volume are you listening with amp9? I have discussed this with a few people already, you need to push amp9 volume setting higher than your usual in Android mode. By that, I don't mean to make it louder, just that you need to dial it up to get to the same listening level as you would with amp8 or amp1km2. For example with one particular pair of my lower impedance sensitive iems, in mid gain from 3.5mm SE w/amp1mk2 my listening volume level is 75. Then I switch to amp9, and in mid gain from 3.5mm SE amp9 it's 105, but when switch to Mango OS w/amp9 - it's 55. Just sharing my observation without any "sound science" behind it. Don't know what's going in Android mode w/amp9, but for those who are afraid to push the volume and keeping it at their usual lower setting, you gonna hear more of that "waterfall" hissing, so push the volume higher.
With Amp7 in android I have volume around 65 with andromeda and no hiss that I can hear at all.
With Amp9 in android I have volume around 90 with andromeda and quite noticable hiss.

But as you say if I increase the volume with silence playing on Amp9 the hiss goes down and I don't understand why it would be...... but unfortunately I can't listen that loud.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #5,876 of 13,478

That is what I do. But when the music become fading in volume or not play anything, I am annoyed with that noise. It makes everything sound dirty.

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #5,877 of 13,478
So what problem are you trying to solve or do you just want to try one?
Hi, as you see in my previous post, I hear a crackling noise when playing on Tidal with amp9 and I try to solve it by using USB to ethernet adapter, but you need to bring ethernet cable with you. So I want to ask someone who has wifi dongle can help me test if it has noise or not :)

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #5,878 of 13,478
Received the amp 9 for dx220. Sounds amazing out of the box. Volume in pure mango mode is capped at 100. Is this normal?
Thanks,
Kemp

@kempneal
The volume limitation to 100 in Mango mode is the same with the stock amp, so it doesn't seem to be amp dependent.

In Mango Mode the volume goes to 100 maximum which is equivalent to the 150 in Android Mode (more or less, if not exactly). In Android you can alter the maximum volume level under Settings/Audio Settings/Volume Limitation which caps the output.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Tim

@CobraMan
For me 100 in Mango mode sounds like ~120 in Android mode, but not 150.
I can't turn the vol up to 150 with a specific iem as this is too loud in Android mode. 100 in Mango mode is no problem.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #5,879 of 13,478
For me 100 in Mango mode sounds like ~120 in Android mode, but not 150
Did you set gain setting in Mango and Android to the same value?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back