DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jul 3, 2019 at 9:37 PM Post #5,836 of 13,478
Hope no one minds me posting this here as it's less about the player.

Got my AMP9 today as well, along with a new DX150 and DC01.

Haven't installed the amp yet as I just updated the player firmware and started burning it in with the stock amp. I plan to use the AMP9 most of the time and would rather burn-in both at the same time but I'm not sure if the AMP9's SE output uses both DACs?

The DC01 is pretty nice. Tested it on my phone and a another device with Neutron, Poweramp, and UAPP. Everything worked except volume control in UAPP but I was using bit-perfect. Great sound; better than I expected so far. It gets a little warm after a few minutes and no significant drop in battery life over the short span I tested it. Crazy to see a tiny, 32-bit, balanced DAC hanging from my phone.....

Another benefit is I can use the 2.5mm burn-in cable on the DC01 once it's done for the player.

1000056.jpg

Jul 3, 2019 at 9:44 PM Post #5,837 of 13,478
At this rate IBasso may dominate the market with the their "honest" price to performance ratio if people understand what they are playing with.
To me n8 tube still put out bigger impact with a little wider sound stage and bigger bass punch while maintaining more sharper imaging but DX220 tube
is equally enjoyable with the right amount of detail. If anyone happens to prefer more smooth, non-fatiguing analogous sound, they may even choose
dx220. I only had amp9 for 30 minutes so my impression may change but going back to price-to-performance ratio we know who the winner is.

Honestly the DX200 was already a great price to performance device, the 220 seriously takes it to incredible levels.

Jul 3, 2019 at 9:48 PM Post #5,838 of 13,478
The DC01 is pretty nice. Tested it on my phone and a another device with Neutron, Poweramp, and UAPP. Everything worked except volume control in UAPP but I was using bit-perfect. Great sound; better than I expected so far. It gets a little warm after a few minutes and no significant drop in battery life over the short span I tested it. Crazy to see a tiny, 32-bit, balanced DAC hanging from my phone.....

Another benefit is I can use the 2.5mm burn-in cable on the DC01 once it's done for the player.

I also bought the DC01 but don’t know how to do with this. :smirk:

Jul 3, 2019 at 9:53 PM Post #5,839 of 13,478
I also bought the DC01 but don’t know how to do with this. :smirk:

Not sure I understand but if you mean how to burn in the DC01: I plan to connect it to my old android phone and let it play for at least 50hrs. Instead of using headphones, I will attach the balanced 2.5mm burn-in cable that came with my iBasso player.

Jul 3, 2019 at 10:20 PM Post #5,840 of 13,478
Honestly the DX200 was already a great price to performance device, the 220 seriously takes it to incredible levels.

Agreed. @ over 3K bucks the device should be simply minding blowing. We let them put whatever price tag they want and get away with it
but then again it's not just DAP market, cable and IEMs, too. Only campfire audio and ibasso being two of nicer boys. :)

Jul 3, 2019 at 10:38 PM Post #5,841 of 13,478
Jul 3, 2019 at 11:16 PM Post #5,842 of 13,478
Jul 4, 2019 at 12:03 AM Post #5,844 of 13,478
Agreed. @ over 3K bucks the device should be simply minding blowing. We let them put whatever price tag they want and get away with it
but then again it's not just DAP market, cable and IEMs, too. Only campfire audio and ibasso being two of nicer boys. :)
+1
Since we have almost the same gear
IMO, great combo for Value to Performance ratio...

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:27 AM Post #5,845 of 13,478
Where did you get the charging dock? Any link available? It looks cool to me.

I have the 3Amp USB-C to USB-C - they also have a 2Amp USB-C to USB2
In my experience the DX220 needs 3Amp to charge and be able to use at the same time.
2Amp will be enough to maintain charge while using but not quite enough to charge it at the same time.
These dont include powerpack.
I'm using the Belkin USB-C/USB2 27W charger.
https://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers...arge-27w-usb-c-12w-usb-a-home-charger/347958/
usb-c charger by Hilton, on Flickr

https://www.gadgets4geeks.com.au/epages/shop.sf/en_AU/?ObjectID=7449180
kidigi 3Amp-usb-c-2-usb-c by Hilton, on Flickr

https://www.gadgets4geeks.com.au/ep...jectPath=/Shops/gadgets4geeks/Products/LC-UTC
kidigi 2Amp-usb-c-2-usb2 by Hilton, on Flickr

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2019 at 12:29 AM Post #5,846 of 13,478

Coming from the DX200, DX220 is an improvement in every department indeed... screen, responsiveness (everything is faster, even with the same SoC software is so much more optimized... I was surprised when I scanned my 400GB card :p), quick charge (yeah battery is still not it strongest point so this is important).

I don’t have them side by side to jauge the SQ gap if any but the usability has gone up big time :)

Jul 4, 2019 at 2:15 AM Post #5,847 of 13,478
Received the amp 9 for dx220. Sounds amazing out of the box. Volume in pure mango mode is capped at 100. Is this normal?
Thanks,
Kemp
In Mango Mode the volume goes to 100 maximum which is equivalent to the 150 in Android Mode (more or less, if not exactly). In Android you can alter the maximum volume level under Settings/Audio Settings/Volume Limitation which caps the output.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Tim

Jul 4, 2019 at 2:25 AM Post #5,848 of 13,478
In Mango Mode the volume goes to 100 maximum which is equivalent to the 150 in Android Mode (more or less, if not exactly). In Android you can alter the maximum volume level under Settings/Audio Settings/Volume Limitation which caps the output.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Tim

To my ears the volume of 100-115 in android mode is the best sounding I ever listened with my DX200TI and amp9. :smile_phones:

Jul 4, 2019 at 5:02 AM Post #5,849 of 13,478
Hey guys, please some respect for us who are still waiting for AMP9 and getting insane with the commentaries (don't stop he he).
Btw, maybe I'm not interpreting correctly but I think I have outstanding news on my DHL shipment log ... :wink:

As I've been listening balanced (both IEMs and HPs) in Mango mode, wondering with AMP9 single ended if changing to Android I will loose much (if any) on sound quality?
Is there a consensus on which Android music app has the best sound quality (takes the best of DX220 hardware) - iBasso own app or other?

Jul 4, 2019 at 5:23 AM Post #5,850 of 13,478
Hey guys, please some respect for us who are still waiting for AMP9 and getting insane with the commentaries (don't stop he he).
Btw, maybe I'm not interpreting correctly but I think I have outstanding news on my DHL shipment log ... :wink:

As I've been listening balanced (both IEMs and HPs) in Mango mode, wondering with AMP9 single ended if changing to Android I will loose much (if any) on sound quality?
Is there a consensus on which Android music app has the best sound quality (takes the best of DX220 hardware) - iBasso own app or other?
As for me, the best app now for Android-based dap is UAPP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back