DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 24, 2019 at 1:34 AM Post #3,932 of 13,478
  • I do a polite post.
  • Twister comes in acknowledges the gap between these DAP's is small and getting smaller.
Stating the obvious cuz it's... obvious.
And he knows if a thread starts turning into a mess it hurts that item. Angers the people enjoying that item and totally turns off non members viewing info about that item.(public forum)

That's why Twister gets the stuff that others demo. Cuz he thinks the long game.
Let it go. Focus on the DX220 and for the benefit of Paul ,iBasso and potential owners....take some pics. Be positive. Make the community a fun thing to be a part of.

The thread was a mess last week, with a dozen of pages of... but, thank God, it got cleaned :D

I can't weigh in on M11 vs DX220 because I don't have M11, but I was just trying to make a parallel point, similar to people questioning a dap at half the price sounding the same, as I have mentioned about DAPs at 3x the price competing with DX220 in sound quality. I didn't say this in DX200 review, but feel that DX220 stepped it up. Again, talking about sound quality specifically.

But in general, every review and impression is just a single data point. If anybody making their decision solely on reading one review or watching one video, you are not doing your homework or just don't care about your money. Yep, stating the obvious :wink: but some people still forget that we do hear things differently, have different preferences, and different bias, etc.

Last edited:
May 24, 2019 at 1:38 AM Post #3,933 of 13,478
It’s funny when someone has something bad to point out or differing opinion, it’s always these 3 persons who will preach about the greatness of their god’s invention.

What a tool

Last edited:
May 24, 2019 at 1:41 AM Post #3,934 of 13,478
How warm do your units get? Mine seems to get really warm, more on the hotter side with mild use.
I would describe it as uncomfortably warm, one degree below hot.
But that's just an opinion, here's some actual numbers after 1-hour of continuous play.

Combined_Temp.jpg

May 24, 2019 at 1:46 AM Post #3,936 of 13,478
May 24, 2019 at 1:50 AM Post #3,938 of 13,478
I just downloaded CPU monitor from apkpure that checks CPU monitor and CPU temp seems around 46-50 degrees Celsius while playing a flac file. Is this temp normal? I did read that the back plate is being used as a heat sink but I wasn't expecting it to feel this warm. If this is normal then its great, I'm just afraid that it might brick the internals.

May 24, 2019 at 1:57 AM Post #3,939 of 13,478
Enjoy the music. I think perhaps DX220 is both analytical and musical at the same time.

May 24, 2019 at 2:03 AM Post #3,940 of 13,478
I just downloaded CPU monitor from apkpure that checks CPU monitor and CPU temp seems around 46-50 degrees Celsius while playing a flac file. Is this temp normal? I did read that the back plate is being used as a heat sink but I wasn't expecting it to feel this warm. If this is normal then its great, I'm just afraid that it might brick the internals.
CPU temps can go up to 95°c and still be fine. 46-50 is considered very low temp to be honest.

If you're still worried then you could get a 1mm thick copper sheet from aliexpress to spread the heat. It doesn't dissipate it any faster but the heat is more spread out.

May 24, 2019 at 2:05 AM Post #3,941 of 13,478
I would describe it as uncomfortably warm, one degree below hot.
But that's just an opinion, here's some actual numbers after 1-hour of continuous play.

Could you open it up and see if it's the cpu generating all the heat or if the lithium battery is heating up too. High power draws can cause lithium batteries to heat up significantly too.

May 24, 2019 at 4:06 AM Post #3,944 of 13,478
like I mention before... The side plate of DX220 is nice aluminum material, really can dissipate Heat quick...

DSD512 = Heat - - > put it in the cold floor....wualah... Instant Cooling... hehehe
20190521_204243.jpg

poor daddy DIY in action..

Last edited:
May 24, 2019 at 4:17 AM Post #3,945 of 13,478
like I mention before... The side plate of DX220 is nice aluminum material, really can dissipate Heat quick...

DSD512 = Heat - - > put it in the cold floor....wualah... Instant Cooling... hehehe

poor daddy DIY in action..
Cool 2019 poor can buy 1000 usd portable music player plud 2000 usd ear plugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back