DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 10, 2019 at 3:06 AM Post #2,551 of 13,478
Hmm, the DX228 is sounding good right now. Full, separated, effortless (clean and capable of picking up smaller details). Sounds a little bit too relaxed but that could be the iems. I've been burning it in continuously for a long time. Yesterday and today it got its first breaks in a while. Does that have any effect? I'm at around 170 hours, as high as nearing 190.

On certain songs I wouldn't listen to normally this is fun. Hearing details with some spacing. Instruments and things sounding more life-like. Makes some skip stuff interesting.

Don't know how these sound on youtube. Low res m4as on the iBasso on Mango OS. Like I mentioned, not like my hi-res Russian forum downloads made much difference. There's also some very weird bug with going back and forward through tracks with the buttons. Jumps. My Magni and HD650s sound a lot less engaging, but they also cost $450 rather than $3000.

time to burn in your ear... get use to it or enjoy...

May 10, 2019 at 4:53 AM Post #2,553 of 13,478
To learn about digital EQ, you need a new thread....otherwise you are ways off topic.....lol. It is a can of worms....and at the end of the days, when the worms are cleaned up, you will realize that the correct way of General EQ usage is....cutting and not boosting. You cut all other frequencies while keeping the desired frequencies at 0.

It is amazing to see Ibasso investing into PEQ, and as fast as Ibasso in developing firmware, there are so much more excitement await !

Back to DX220! A wonderful DAP for it price.....and really guys....let the thing burn-in before you judges it

Last edited:
May 10, 2019 at 5:30 AM Post #2,554 of 13,478
To learn about digital EQ, you need a new thread....otherwise you are ways off topic.....lol. It is a can of worms....and at the end of the days, when the worms are cleaned up, you will realize that the correct way of General EQ usage is....cutting and not boosting. You cut all other frequencies while keeping the desired frequencies at 0.

It is amazing to see Ibasso investing into PEQ, and as fast as Ibasso in developing firmware, there are so much more excitement await !

Back to DX220! A wonderful DAP for it price.....and really guys....let the thing burn-in before you judges it
You don't need a thread for this, a simple reference is what you need.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equalization_(audio)
There is always boost and cut. If don't agree, then it's fine.

May 10, 2019 at 5:47 AM Post #2,555 of 13,478
Just tried a new toy before AMP9 release : Nutube AMP - Oriolus BA300S with DX220+my mod AMP8 , sounds more analog and full . However , I like the DX220's clairty more .
IMG_20190510_172620.jpg

May 10, 2019 at 5:51 AM Post #2,556 of 13,478
Just tried a new toy before AMP9 release : Nutube AMP - Oriolus BA300S with DX220+my mod AMP8 , sounds more analog and full . However , I like the DX220's clairty more .
Soso amp

May 10, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #2,558 of 13,478
May 10, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #2,560 of 13,478
Figured it out and oh boy what a user error :frowning2:. Apparently I accidentally flipped off the power strip on button - oops.
Haha, user firmware issue! :face_palm: I did that with a laptop once. It finally explained why it was so slow and gave low battery warning.

May 10, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #2,561 of 13,478
doing a short session with CFA Polaris V1.

and Atlas, the interesting part... pairing with DX220 can make the Mid a bit forward, but Hi mid and High is not refine and not separate clearly...
Really Unforgiving DAP... but I like it...
Not only the pairing, but the dx220 does carry a more forward mid signature :) in itself

May 10, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #2,565 of 13,478
Can anyone test DX220 DAC mode with Usb-c to usb-c cable? Laptop doesn't recognise my DX220 as a DAC, however I can browse internal and SD storages. Usb-c to usb-a cable works well.
I have tested my Fiio M11, it perfectly works with usb-c to usb-c cable as a DAC.
Have you downloaded the USB/DAC driver from the iBasso website?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back