DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Sep 16, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #7,951 of 13,478
Sure, that's what I do on my phone to connect it to hugo2, with no issues.
But on dx220 I got all sorts of clicks, pops and noise coming with the music.
Well...in this case i don't know. I sold my dx200 just for too many clicks and pops

Sep 16, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #7,952 of 13,478
This is what the DX220 will do in BT:

send: SBC, AAC, aptX, LDAC, LDAC is 24/96

receive: SBC only. 16/48.

I sincerely appreciate the confirmation here, Paul.

I must point out that if I had this information in advance, it definitely would have affected my purchase decision. When I read all about the dx220 I thought, "Woo hoo, this Jack of all Trades meets every one of my needs and desires!" That just isn't the case anymore.

You guys have a really awesome device here, and it would be equally great if it supports all the things that the marketing infers that it does. I'll cross my fingers that this gets some attention in a potential firmware update.

Sep 16, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #7,954 of 13,478
This is what the DX220 will do in BT:

send: SBC, AAC, aptX, LDAC, LDAC is 24/96

receive: SBC only. 16/48.

Some users reported that the DX220 supports aptX HD as well. According to them it appears at developper options' codec choices and a Bluetooth headphone says "aptX HD active" when connected to DX220.

How? I guess DX220 wasn't supporting aptx HD at first then a software update included it. This is possible because bluetooth codecs are only related to software, not hardware.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #7,955 of 13,478
Would you be so kind to describe how you did it exactly? With android, original fw, lurker addon or mango os?

I have no luck connecting dx220 with chord hugo2, only works with lurker fw through uapp, but with constant clicks and slowing signal, so not usable at all l. :frowning2:
I did it in Android mode, when I was on stock fw.
I later updated to Lurker's FW, and has not tried.
I tried it just to see if it works, and it does.
As I have mentioned, the DAC on dx220 is the best one among all my gear.
So, I will only use line out to desk amp from dx220 when I need it.

Sep 16, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #7,956 of 13,478
I've been falling this "Thread" for awhile and i see iBasso still have issues with their DAP. LOL Colored Amps really? At $400 a pop,mmm nah. Expensive hobby that being said i would spend that on a new pair of headphones. I still have my DX 80 enough for my commute.
All DAP makers have "FW" issues A&K also has them.
I also understand this will always be "Boutique" most don't want to tinker with equipment. So Enjoy your DAP i do mine.

Sep 17, 2019 at 3:04 AM Post #7,957 of 13,478
As I know, ipad (apple device) only use SBC codec over bluetooth.
It is sending side issue, not dx220 which is receiving side.

SBC or AAC, usually.

Sep 17, 2019 at 4:52 AM Post #7,958 of 13,478
So I have searched through this thread, hugo2 thread, googled it, and thoroughly looked dx220 manual. And found no answer.

Is there actually a working way to connect dx220 to chord hugo2 to use it as a transport through USB cable? Please help. Even if it's a confirmed NO, that knowledge will bring peace to my mind :)

Anyone?
@Paul - iBasso ?

Sep 17, 2019 at 5:20 AM Post #7,959 of 13,478
So I have searched through this thread, hugo2 thread, googled it, and thoroughly looked dx220 manual. And found no answer.

Is there actually a working way to connect dx220 to chord hugo2 to use it as a transport through USB cable? Please help. Even if it's a confirmed NO, that knowledge will bring peace to my mind :)

Anyone?
@Paul - iBasso ?

DX220 is an Android device. Learn how to use Hugo with Android smartphones and apply the same for the DX220. I guess it should work

Sep 17, 2019 at 5:23 AM Post #7,960 of 13,478
DX220 is an Android device. Learn how to use Hugo with Android smartphones and apply the same for the DX220. I guess it should work
Please read my messages again. I have android phones and with them hugo2 works perfectly through USB.
I connect hugo2 to phone with otg cable (Samsung note8 in my case), then even google music would go through it. Simple as that.
With dx220 it just won't work like that.

Sep 17, 2019 at 6:42 AM Post #7,961 of 13,478
Neutron has added All to DSD option. The sound is more detailed and mid are smooth. Must try.

Screenshot_20190917-140230_Neutron.jpg

Sep 17, 2019 at 7:21 AM Post #7,962 of 13,478
Hello this is my first post (joined yesterday). I recently purchased the DX220 and really love it. IMO much better than LGV30 (even with USB Audio Pro) particularly through the balanced output.

This post concerns the DAP’s USB audio out capacity. Thee was an excellent post on this a few days ago and I agree that it’s not possible. It’s a pity that marketing of this DAP doesn’t clearly state this.

However (and this is where it gets interesting) I have compared the LGV30 USB out with USB Audio pro into my Schiit Bifrost Multibit compared to the Spdif out from the DX 220 (and then into Audioquest Night Owl) and there is no comparison- the 220 spdif output is way superior in every way.

I am listening now and probably the best headphone rig I have had.

Many thanks- hope this may help others.

Sep 17, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #7,963 of 13,478
Im coming this time with a quick but deeply question. What are the biggest differences between the Digital filter in terms of sound performance? I see 7 different options but I don't percept differences between them

Sep 17, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #7,964 of 13,478
Hello this is my first post (joined yesterday). I recently purchased the DX220 and really love it. IMO much better than LGV30 (even with USB Audio Pro) particularly through the balanced output.

This post concerns the DAP’s USB audio out capacity. Thee was an excellent post on this a few days ago and I agree that it’s not possible. It’s a pity that marketing of this DAP doesn’t clearly state this.

However (and this is where it gets interesting) I have compared the LGV30 USB out with USB Audio pro into my Schiit Bifrost Multibit compared to the Spdif out from the DX 220 (and then into Audioquest Night Owl) and there is no comparison- the 220 spdif output is way superior in every way.

I am listening now and probably the best headphone rig I have had.

Many thanks- hope this may help others.

Unfortunately i think USB audio is indeed impossible with DX220, but I still hope someone proves me wrong.

Meanwhile coaxial cable is ordered.
Through dx220 optical out hugo2 sounds magnificent

Sep 17, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #7,965 of 13,478
Unfortunately i think USB audio is indeed impossible with DX220, but I still hope someone proves me wrong.

Meanwhile coaxial cable is ordered.
Through dx220 optical out hugo2 sounds magnificent

The device you connect to Hugo doesn't affaect sound. Because Hugo produces the sound completely at its own with its DAC and amplifier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back