DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jun 2, 2019 at 1:57 AM Post #4,489 of 13,478
A little bit of jazz dose on Sunday
IMG_20190602_135218_1.jpg
The album is great but wish a tiny bit less bass.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2019 at 2:06 AM Post #4,490 of 13,478
A little bit of jazz dose on Sunday

The album is great but wish a tiny bit less bass.
Then change iem if not enough change cable, or ear tip , or eq.

Jun 2, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #4,494 of 13,478
I just received my replacement DX220 (first one had a defective volume control) and I'm now testing various tracks on it. Everything was sounding fantastic until I tried the USB DAC mode... The sound stage narrowed to almost a mono sound, and it sounds really compressed. I checked the default output format in Windows (set to 24~192), and no change. I didn't have an issue using my FiiO X5II as a USB DAC, and it sounded fantastic. What am I missing here? I looked for USB audio drivers from iBasso, but didn't find anything. I'm going to do a firmware update on the player and see if that changes anything. I really want to get this sorted out as I use this feature a LOT at home. I have terabytes of music on my laptop and home server, and the women in my house don't share my musical tastes (and also don't appreciate me wringing-out my home system while they're around... God, I need a sound-proof man cave!).

Interesting symptom to add: When I switch back to DAP mode from DAC, the same sub-par sound persists until I reboot the DX220.
Just to update on this, I saw this was listed as fixed in the latest update which suggests it was a known issue. I've tested it and it is indeed fixed, so that's good.
If this was a known issue it clearly wasn't just the 2 of us who experienced it, I can understand most people wouldn't have tried DAC mode as that's not a DAPs primary use case so it's easy to understand nobody else mentioning it.
But what is odd is that there are reviews which mentioned DAC mode and how it sounded before this was fixed......

Jun 2, 2019 at 8:15 AM Post #4,496 of 13,478
Did you follow the instructions for lurkers add on to register your device with google? The play store works fine and will install any purchased apps as long as you install lurkers add on and run the USB audio tool and follow the instructions to register your device ID, then wait about 15mins, reboot and all should be working in play store.

Jun 2, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #4,497 of 13,478
Which version is the right one? I'm assuming and hoping ARM64 + GG Play.

If the SoC is not 64 Bit we might be in major trouble with app support in a few years.
The SoC is Rockchip rk3368, and according to wiki it’s a 8core 64bit processor.

Jun 2, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #4,499 of 13,478
Did you follow the instructions for lurkers add on to register your device with google? The play store works fine and will install any purchased apps as long as you install lurkers add on and run the USB audio tool and follow the instructions to register your device ID, then wait about 15mins, reboot and all should be working in play store.

No I didn't but this is the right answer for the problem.

My fault for only reading the firmware flashing part of the readme.

Does the device id change between firmware updates?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back