DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Feb 23, 2020 at 5:15 PM Post #11,227 of 13,478
Please use plastic tool to remove battery connector, and not the metal tweezer as the video. Lol...one slip and you will have a nice spark that could ruin both unit or worse

Also, if you slip you could scratch the glossy back cover, or poke your hand.

Please keep in mind that the technician in the video is skilled. If you don't have much experience with thing like this, the suction cup is the safer method.

Also, I would recommend leaving the second wire (wifi) connected and just flipping the cover over. You should be fine disconnecting/reconnecting, but the pin is tiny and thin. If you misalign it and try to force it, it could snap off.

Feb 24, 2020 at 8:44 AM Post #11,228 of 13,478
Apart of Fidelizer, anyone knows someone who's on this business and is able to mod an amp8? Im looking for someone to apply a good mod and obtain all the juice of this amp because im pretty sure that this module can give more than the actual performance (and even now its a very good performance), but I want to see where is the limit

Feb 24, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #11,229 of 13,478
Apart of Fidelizer, anyone knows someone who's on this business and is able to mod an amp8? Im looking for someone to apply a good mod and obtain all the juice of this amp because im pretty sure that this module can give more than the actual performance (and even now its a very good performance), but I want to see where is the limit
It definately is not a limit. After modding it is beast. But if you dont want to go with fidelizer and eventually find someone else doing it, please let me know as i might send my amp9 to be moded if i like it

Feb 24, 2020 at 10:54 AM Post #11,230 of 13,478
The limit is from the modder as it based a lot on the actually experiences and the marks of references as of where one is based off on when you take into account the limited sizes. My own limits is the Amp8EX, and that is it :)....Of course the Amp8EX is a lot more than your regular Amp8 in both actual performances (IMO) or....components quality/cost being used

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #11,231 of 13,478
A question to anyone who has AMP8EX and uses NeutronMP and can spend some time to check: I identified today a very strange symptom while listening DSD (image+cue file) with my DX228EX setup; my right channel had a VERY high floor noise (during listening, paused play, etc). When I exited from Neutron and started to play the same file with Mango Player, right channel noise gone (I means, when I run Mango Player noise was still there but then it gone right in 2-3 seconds).
Important to mention I was able to repeat that symptom again. However, noise does not come immediately when I started listening but after some time.
Last but not least, I didn't manage to get it with AMP9 - both players plays silently.

Feb 24, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #11,232 of 13,478
A question to anyone who has AMP8EX and uses NeutronMP and can spend some time to check: I identified today a very strange symptom while listening DSD (image+cue file) with my DX228EX setup; my right channel had a VERY high floor noise (during listening, paused play, etc). When I exited from Neutron and started to play the same file with Mango Player, right channel noise gone (I means, when I run Mango Player noise was still there but then it gone right in 2-3 seconds).
Important to mention I was able to repeat that symptom again. However, noise does not come immediately when I started listening but after some time.
Last but not least, I didn't manage to get it with AMP9 - both players plays silently.
Try Restart the player ? Neutron could be incompatible somehow ? When Amp8 was first released, this happened with Mango player too, then solved with firmware

Feb 24, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #11,234 of 13,478
Yes, restart helped so far :)
I’m just curious to understand a “nature” of such noise (what does Neutron differently from Mango Player on audio driver or HW layer?)

Try Restart the player ? Neutron could be incompatible somehow ? When Amp8 was first released, this happened with Mango player too, then solved with firmware

Feb 24, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #11,235 of 13,478
A

And are you able to be asked to mod? :) where are you located?
I am in the US and I don’t
Yes, restart helped so far :)
I’m just curious to understand a “nature” of such noise (what does Neutron differently from Mango Player on audio driver or HW layer?)
it is just the matter of firmware and power distribution...similar to what I stated a while ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back