DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Feb 22, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #11,206 of 13,478
Nvm. Now it works with 192. Had to to a lot of updates.
That was what I thought, new firmware do it. IMO, FiiO is a tier below compare to Ibasso in term of dedication toward the hi-fi industry and then Customer services. FiiO is always impressive with datasheets and specifications though. So they advance on it and you can see new players here and there and ....everywhere :wink:....popping out faster than me popping wine bottles

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #11,207 of 13,478
That was what I thought, new firmware do it. IMO, FiiO is a tier below compare to Ibasso in term of dedication toward the hi-fi industry and then Customer services. FiiO is always impressive with datasheets and specifications though. So they advance on it and you can see new players here and there and ....everywhere :wink:....popping out faster than me popping wine bottles

They have good battery life, though.

Feb 22, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #11,209 of 13,478
Actually i wanted to keep both the Fiio and the IBasso but i put the dx220 back in the box after 2 hours and will send it back. The dx220 has extremly slow wifi, lags more and the battery drain is unreal. It went from 45% to 9% in 1 hour and 5 minutes. But maybe my unit is defect. The sound was good tho. But i like the "no soundstage sound" of the M11 for daily use (this thing actually has absolutely no soundstage but it suits me for daily tasks).

Feb 22, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #11,210 of 13,478
Which amp do you suggest for using focal clear on the 220?

I didn’t try AMP8 but would advise you to try the tube AMP9, sounds great with Focal Clear which is a very analytical and “clear” headphone. Actually this is my reference combo on portable music. I think Clear loves tube amps

Feb 22, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #11,214 of 13,478
Actually i wanted to keep both the Fiio and the IBasso but i put the dx220 back in the box after 2 hours and will send it back. The dx220 has extremly slow wifi, lags more and the battery drain is unreal. It went from 45% to 9% in 1 hour and 5 minutes. But maybe my unit is defect. The sound was good tho. But i like the "no soundstage sound" of the M11 for daily use (this thing actually has absolutely no soundstage but it suits me for daily tasks).
As long as you can enjoy the music! That's what matters!

Cheers and Al the Best! :beerchug:
-HK sends

Feb 22, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #11,216 of 13,478
I don't own a "mod" and I won't invest into a one. A $979 device should be enjoyable right out of the box at its stock form (I actually even bought a AMP8) . Spending +$500 for a hardware mod shouldn't be necesary to enjoy a device

I am unhappy with my DX220 because it doesn't sound better than my smartphone. Yes you heard it correct. You guys will of course disagree because you think DX220 sounds significantly better than your phone. But for me, it doesn't sound better at all. Infrequently it even sounds worse.
Yes, I will sell it. If I can't find any buyer I will throw it out of my window and get rid of it.
Not to sound rude but meant as a genuine question, have you thought of having your hearing checked ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back