DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Feb 24, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #11,238 of 13,478
This may be a dumb question but I want to be sure. Would upgrading the AMP module on the 220 have a positive effect on the SPDIF port when connected to an external DAC?
If you are outputting via SPDIF to another DAC i think SPDIF has bit rate limitations. So depending on your setup / source files maybe you are losing resolution?

Feb 24, 2020 at 8:19 PM Post #11,239 of 13,478
If you are outputting via SPDIF to another DAC i think SPDIF has bit rate limitations. So depending on your setup / source files maybe you are losing resolution?

I haven't noticed that. I believe Toslink output goes up to 96k and Coax can do up to 192k. I haven't had any problems playing high res files after one of Dx220's recent firmware updates.I use it primarily in my car (Toslink) to a Mosconi 8to12 Aerospace DSP.

Feb 25, 2020 at 2:44 AM Post #11,240 of 13,478
A question to anyone who has AMP8EX and uses NeutronMP and can spend some time to check: I identified today a very strange symptom while listening DSD (image+cue file) with my DX228EX setup; my right channel had a VERY high floor noise (during listening, paused play, etc). When I exited from Neutron and started to play the same file with Mango Player, right channel noise gone (I means, when I run Mango Player noise was still there but then it gone right in 2-3 seconds).
Important to mention I was able to repeat that symptom again. However, noise does not come immediately when I started listening but after some time.
Last but not least, I didn't manage to get it with AMP9 - both players plays silently.
Have similar issue in mango mode. So far tried everything, but the noise appears on random. If i pause and press play it is still there. Only happens with .dsf , strange bug. Can not listen to a whole dsd album without the issue appearing. So far seems to be related to gapless playeback. If the noise appears pressing pause and unchecking gapless makes the noise go away.
Was very optumistic about gapless being at fault, yet it happend just the same with it turned of. It also dissapears on its own after couple of seconds. Dsd 256 doesnt seem to have this issue, while 128 it still happens. Can anyone suggeat an option for getting rid of this annoying bug. Have tried to reset, upgrade firmware and wipe cache. It always comes back.

Feb 25, 2020 at 2:52 AM Post #11,241 of 13,478
Anyone has the best settings for Neutron on this player? I bought the app this morning and I want to be sure that im using the 100% of the potential of the app

Feb 25, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #11,242 of 13,478
Have similar issue in mango mode. So far tried everything, but the noise appears on random. If i pause and press play it is still there. Only happens with .dsf , strange bug. Can not listen to a whole dsd album without the issue appearing. So far seems to be related to gapless playeback. If the noise appears pressing pause and unchecking gapless makes the noise go away.
Was very optumistic about gapless being at fault, yet it happend just the same with it turned of. It also dissapears on its own after couple of seconds. Dsd 256 doesnt seem to have this issue, while 128 it still happens. Can anyone suggeat an option for getting rid of this annoying bug. Have tried to reset, upgrade firmware and wipe cache. It always comes back.

Thanks for heads up!

Indeed, in my case it is also DSD, however, I have switched on PCM to DSD, so, all other formats of files I’m playing with Neutron were playing as DSD64.

I will try MangoOS as well and report.

Feb 25, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #11,243 of 13,478
Anyone has the best settings for Neutron on this player? I bought the app this morning and I want to be sure that im using the 100% of the potential of the app

I am using Lurker0 recommended settings from times when Neutron did not support IBasso DAPs natively. Spent some time to play with different hardware settings, but finally ended again with them. Questionmark for me remains Oversampling.

DX220 Neutron settings:
Replay Gain: off
64-bit Processing: on
Automatic Gain Protection: off
Service: off
Audio Hardware:
  • DSP Effect (Device): set Filter and Output Gain for your taste.
  • Mono: off
  • Dither: off
  • Phase Inversion: off
  • Subsonic Filter: off
  • Ultrasonic Filter: off
  • Reverse Stereo: off
  • Hardware Gain: on
  • Audio Focus: on
  • Direct USB Access: off
  • DSD, DSD over PCM (DoP): on; inside Native DSD: on, Volume Control: off
  • Oversampling: off
  • Follow Source Frequency: on

Feb 26, 2020 at 8:43 PM Post #11,244 of 13,478
Hello,

any DX220 owners who also own the Hugo 2?
Am curious if the 220 in desktop DAC mode can match that of the Hugo 2

on Mojo now for cans but reckon even the DX220 is a big step up (pretty sure from dem—ing)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back