1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX220 A new view to your music. * Latest Firmware: 1.15.233 Local * Link for User Guide 1st Page. AMP9 Now available! And DC01.

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Jan 23, 2019.
First

Back
612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621
623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632
Next

Last
  1. loplop
    Of course not :wink:

My comments apply to DX220 with any amp, vs stock M11 Pro. That is why I did not say DX221, DX228, etc.

2. CobraMan
    You are correct regarding Mango Mode not including some of the key features like searching and PEQ from Android. The request to share common Playlist between Android and Mango has been made as well along with the ability to name and edit them better - see the dedicated thread for DX220 Software (FW) requests, etc: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx220-thread-for-software-requests.906199/
    Regarding heat - it has been discussed several times throughout this thread and the DX220 does run warmer than many other DAPs but given the power consumption of the dual ES9028PRO chips (1/2 watt per DAC at 192 kHz sampling and 100 MHz master clock speed - info straight from ESS Tech datasheet) it stands to reason that heat will be generated and dissipated to the surroundings. It might make a few degrees difference without the case on - give it a try and let us know what you find.

Oh yeah - welcome to the DX220 and enjoy the upgrade!

Cheers,
    Tim

3. ehjie
    First of all, Big Thanks to @Paul - iBasso & team dev. Ibasso for the early Christmas gift, a Fantastic Sonic Firmware & battery efficiency upgrade.

upload_2019-12-7_0-6-10.png

fokta likes this.
  4. ehjie
    Like one of my preferred audition track's title, Ibasso's prized dx229 - is On fire, the update just added fuel in the already on fire hot device!
    1. (The already Large) Sound field scaling increased, most obvious was the depth & height.
    2. Effortless clarity, coherence & details more apparent, than ever
    3. Albeit effortless & liquid doesn't mean speed was reduced, fantastic PRAT is always there
    4. 3d effects & Holography benefited from the increased staging, now multi faceted. Stage performance coupled w/ Studio monitor mode...

Tracks & album played back to verify the .223 update improvements:
    Gasoline, Shadow of the Sun - Audioslave
    Disintegration - The Cure
    the Killing moon, Angels & Devils [Rhino] - E. & the Bunnymen
    So far away, Brothers in Arms [dsd64] - DS
    Brothers in Arms [Japan issue] - DS
    Can't help falling in love... [24 bit] - Beck
    House of the rising sun [24 bit] - S.Cohen
    Fuel to Fire, Dorian, Aventine [24 bit] - A.Obel
    400 lux, Royals [24 bit] - Lorde
    Achtung Baby [24 bit] - U2
    Love will tear us apart [24 bit] - J.D.
    Come as you are [fr.dvdPA, 24 bit] - Nirvana
    Over the Hillside - The Blue Nile
    Led Zeppelin [the album][J.P. remaster]
    Hopes & Fears [dsd] - Keane

upload_2019-12-7_0-9-35.png

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    Passenger11, fokta and chaiyuta like this.
  5. iMongui
    The EX mod can improve the battery? Or it’s just a matter of sound quality?

6. ehjie
    Battery efficiency increase
    Before the .223 update in my IEM / set as previously mentioned, is a bit of a guzzler, i.e. Med. gain (@ transport dac output) v.86-92 , +6 solid hours, but less than 6.5 hours.
    After the .223 update, 7 solid hours [16 bit flac files] Med. gain (@ transport dac output) v78-84, low @ amp output.

Actually, i'm quite content w/ the previous rating, in the real world, i charge my device every other day, sometimes after 3 days. the 229 is for critical listening only, my m0 is my "background" music playback device...

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    chaiyuta likes this.
  7. flarex3
    Playing an audio file from DX220 vs. playing the same audio file from computer via DX220 USB DAC mode. Any audible differences ?

8. MCPT
    I don’t want to get hung up on processing speed, but I would like to know if the DX220 can play video files without issue?

I use my current music player for playing movies when traveling and wouldn’t want to lose that feature. In fact, I was hoping I could use it without the need for the separate amp that my current player requires. I often use a three way splitter for my wife and daughter to share.

Thank you in advance

9. loplop
    Yes, I have watched a lot of Amazon video on my DX220 without issue. Screen is nice, sound is fantastic :)

chaiyuta likes this.
  10. ehjie
    Never used the internal memory, too. That's probably the reason I never had that hanging, freezing during file browse.
    i load native files on the 512gb msd card...

Whitigir likes this.
  11. maskapl
    Thanks for your reply Tim. Maybe burning time will help Mango app sound equally to Mango Os.

12. Hiltonk
    fokta likes this.
  13. Hiltonk
    Depending on your computer and quality of USB cable & chipset you may occasionally get extra pops and clicks using on PC as DAC. Very similar otherwise.

14. MCPT
    Thanks!

15. flarex3
    Some people reported that Android and Mango OS sound different. Why is it happening and is it a big deal ?

First

Back
612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621
623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632
Next

Last