DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jul 12, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #6,316 of 13,478
BTW, anyone know how I can get a TPU case for Dx220 to the US ?
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...oD0E3&id=598241895724&ns=1&abbucket=13#detail

This was posted by someone yesterday. I was able to order one. Cost about $13 shipped to the USA. Google translate was not too good on the site. There are some YouTube vids by KitKat2010 to help with the order. Took me about an hour or so to figure everything out.

FYI don't download the app it can not be translated. When ordering on your phone, I find that using full desktop option helped me out with the Google translate.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #6,317 of 13,478
Jul 12, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #6,322 of 13,478
That was a quote for just the glass. It the panel is bleeding then it will be expensive I guess.

I have to say I feel for you man, nothing worse than braking shiny stuff. :frowning2:

That seems....excessive. I can get the LCD panel (including the Touch ID sensor, whole fascia basically) on an iPhone 6s Plus replaced for under 100 euros (or order a screen for around 35 and do into myself). Even the official Apple
Rates are way below 300. And the DX220 screen is a good bit smaller.

Jul 12, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #6,323 of 13,478
Yes Amp8 is very capable for full-size headphones .

There are pots, but it is not recommended to touch it as you would need a scope and know what you are doing
If the amp has a test point, you should be able to check with a multimeter.
I’m sure that IBasso has a recommended number that they want to hit, but having the trim pots mean that somebody set that up manually. Also, it probably means that everybody’s unit is not set exactly the same (as there could be drift one way or another). Also, there are benefits for running something like this amp “hot” (like bass and space). I don’t have a 220, but I like Nutube stuff. I have a Millett amp I built. So, I was curious about the tweakability of this one.
It would probably be helpful to get the recommended numbers from IBasso and at least check (every now and then) if your amp is running as it’s supposed to.
As I mentioned, tubes and Nutube (amps) can drift from their target with time.
Plus the benefits of altering the sound characteristics.

Jul 12, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #6,326 of 13,478
If the amp has a test point, you should be able to check with a multimeter.
I’m sure that IBasso has a recommended number that they want to hit, but having the trim pots mean that somebody set that up manually. Also, it probably means that everybody’s unit is not set exactly the same (as there could be drift one way or another). Also, there are benefits for running something like this amp “hot” (like bass and space). I don’t have a 220, but I like Nutube stuff. I have a Millett amp I built. So, I was curious about the tweakability of this one.
It would probably be helpful to get the recommended numbers from IBasso and at least check (every now and then) if your amp is running as it’s supposed to.
As I mentioned, tubes and Nutube (amps) can drift from their target with time.
Plus the benefits of altering the sound characteristics.

Actually, Nu-Tubes as a manufacturer advice and recommend any designs for Nu-Tubes to have “trim pots”. This is due to the variations of the “tubes” as it has a huge range of working voltage from 5V upto 80V. The pots are there to meet the minimum engineering requirements, and so Ibasso have to dial each module in by hands. I am not quite sure if N8 does this or they just mass produce without trimming any pots

Jul 12, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #6,327 of 13,478
IBasso about AMP9: “...After 20 versions of development boards optimization and tuning, ...”

Hurrah ! I have a modded AMP !!!

Jul 12, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #6,328 of 13,478
Stock: Amp8 is better than Amp3 , even using 4.4 as line out

Stock: Amp9 has better finesses and balancing across the board compare to Amp8 ....both has different sound signature Amp9 is very analog . Amp8 is still king of soundstage and power delivery

You can ask @icefalkon about his preferences as he has all the EX at his place :)
Stock: Amp8 is better than Amp3 , even using 4.4 as line out

Stock: Amp9 has better finesses and balancing across the board compare to Amp8 ....both has different sound signature Amp9 is very analog . Amp8 is still king of soundstage and power delivery

You can ask @icefalkon about his preferences as he has all the EX at his place :)

Thank you @Whitigir !

Hi @icefalkon
can you give me your opinione about this pls? Tnks!!

Guys, waiting for AMP9, probably will arrives at the beginning of the next week!
Now I have AMP3 and AMP8
Read somewhere AMP3EX by Whitigir that is "perfect" if you want to use external amplifier using its line out.
Some time ago @Whitigir told me AMP8 was better than AMP3 also when DX200 uses external AMP (like my pathos aurium) despite of its line out.
Did I correctly understood. Was it true between stock version?
from what I'm reading seems AMP9 could outperform the already good AMP8.
Could be true using with external amp too?

While, in the hypothesis to use external amp the AMP3EX could be the "best" possible solution ?
Yes, no? Which are its modifications?

Jul 12, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #6,329 of 13,478
Thank you @Whitigir !

Hi @icefalkon
can you give me your opinione about this pls? Tnks!!

Hi Gann, sure. If you're going to primarily use the DX220 to feed into an external amp, then the AMP3EX via Line Out is definitely for you. I tested it this week and found it to add a beautiful impact to the amp I added it to. If you were doing a stand-alone DX220 with hard to push cans I would definitely tell you to get the AMP8 and then EX it. Hell, if I had to choose which to do, I would pick the AMP8 to EX and own over all the other amps except for AMP9. I'd keep AMP9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back