DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jul 10, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #6,121 of 13,478
Battery life of 8 hours isnt shory....lol
I am not complaining at all... I come from the Sony ZX300 which is a champion for battery life and overall sound quality. But I am ready to charge more times the battery in favor of the amazing sound quality.

Jul 10, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #6,122 of 13,478
That looks quite interesting as the cases for DX200 have some protection at the top compared to the stock case and also the MITER case.
Additionaly there are made from real leather and not aritficial leather like the MITER cases.
But i think we have to wait until a case is explicit declared to be used with the DX220 which does currently not exist.

correct. anyway, only 1 pc. left. just made an inquiry hopefully the gent will reply...

upload_2019-7-10_17-18-56.png

Jul 10, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #6,123 of 13,478
For anyone in the market for a different case:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/A6-EASECAS...932550?hash=item4d971fe886:g:MwAAAOSwh~1dEwKA

It looks like it might give a little more protection to the top and comes in a huge range of options. I've used the same company for AK100II, Fiio X7 and Cayin N5II cases and always been happy. They may not be quite as refined as Dignis and some of the AK OEM cases but build quality is very good. I have one in NP Cowhide Coffee on order, will report back once received.

The DX229 is amazing, my favourite DAP by a significant margin, only issue is hiss with my Noble Encores but solved with iFi iEMatch.

Jul 10, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #6,124 of 13,478
I am not complaining at all... I come from the Sony ZX300 which is a champion for battery life and overall sound quality. But I am ready to charge more times the battery in favor of the amazing sound quality.

...I came from a more than 4 hours, less than 5 hours battery life for an amazing sound experience & this (221mk.ii) does more than 5 hours w/ an amzaing & larger scale & wider soundstage. (pls. guys, im just talking in behalf of myself) i don't think i have the right to complain...

Jul 10, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #6,126 of 13,478
For anyone in the market for a different case:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/A6-EASECAS...932550?hash=item4d971fe886:g:MwAAAOSwh~1dEwKA

It looks like it might give a little more protection to the top and comes in a huge range of options. I've used the same company for AK100II, Fiio X7 and Cayin N5II cases and always been happy. They may not be quite as refined as Dignis and some of the AK OEM cases but build quality is very good. I have one in NP Cowhide Coffee on order, will report back once received.

They corrected the front facia touching the pot. Nice touch !....

upload_2019-7-10_17-28-22.png

Jul 10, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #6,127 of 13,478
Ok guys, I'm going to tell what happened today with my iBasso DX220.
I purcheased this device from Amazon UK but sold and shipped by Advanced MP3 Player store.
Today I unboxed the product and I noticed dust, scratches and wear on the lateral screw of the stock amp module. It is clear that I received an used unit.

Apart from the sad news, I have to say that this music player is amazing. It heats a lot, maybe the battery life is very short, but the sound is incredibly amazing. I never heard such a quality of sound. I tested the DX220 with the Sony XBA-N3 and Mee Audio balanced cable. Furthermore I installed Neutron and the pairing is unbelievable. Sorry but I still don't have words to describe everything :smile_phones:

I am still waiting for the seller's feedback because I asked a partial refund. If he does not agree with my request of compromise, then I will return the package.

Can you suggest a good store where I can be sure 100% that I will get a brand new product?
I got mine direct from advancedmp3players and I would say the back was similar to yours - but it is only a plastic cover and can be removed to reveal the glass back. I got mine on the first day they had them though so it couldn't have been used, also they sell opened box DX220s for a reduced price on their website when they have them so they don't seem to be the kind of place to pass off returned items as new.

I agree the sound is amazing coming from ZX300 too!

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #6,128 of 13,478
I got mine direct from advancedmp3players and I would say the back was similar to yours - but it is only a plastic cover and can be removed to reveal the glass back. I got mine on the first day they had them though so it couldn't have been used, also they sell opened box DX220s for a reduced price on their website when they have them so they don't seem to be the kind of place to pass off returned items as new.

I ditto this

Jul 10, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #6,129 of 13,478

Were the two amp screws weared like mine? I don't have any plastic cover in the bottom part of the player... It seems to be already removed.

Jul 10, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #6,130 of 13,478
I was exactly the same paranoid it had been used

the plastic cover has marking out the box even the screw was same for me I can't remember if bottom had a cover.

This is just how it is out the box so I wouldn't worry just enjoy the music :)
unless the unit has scratches on it then that's a different story

Jul 10, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #6,133 of 13,478
Which chi-fi DAC exactly have you compared to the Metrum Pavane NOS R2R dac (5k USD) ?
I'm curious about this comparsion even if some people mentioned that they don't hear differences in using different DACs over a specific quality level.
Hi
The product is Nobsound Mini HiFi Sound Card DAC TDA1387 USB 8X Audio Decoding Headphone Amplifier DTS/AC3 Coaxial Optical Digital Output. Please see the tonality is closer to pavane(NOS). There is no comparison otherwise. I think the tonality & musicality matters a lot. YMMV.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/328...15-412e-8042-03f9d1604a1f&transAbTest=ae803_4

Jul 10, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #6,134 of 13,478
Just got my new pure silver Litz cable rig from @teds headfood! I took an idea from @jamato8 and we designed this cable with exchangeable connector ends and exchangeable headphone connector ends...along with my signature skull splitter. Here you see 6.5mm, 4.4mm, 3.5mm, 2.5mm, XLR connections, and Audeze and Mr. Speakers headphone connections. With this, I'm done buying cables for any cans in the future. I'd just have to have the appropriate ends made up.

@teds headfood does phenomenal work!

IMG_2069.jpg

Jul 10, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #6,135 of 13,478
Just got my new pure silver Litz cable rig from @teds headfood! I took an idea from @jamato8 and we designed this cable with exchangeable connector ends and exchangeable headphone connector ends...along with my signature skull splitter. Here you see 6.5mm, 4.4mm, 3.5mm, 2.5mm, XLR connections, and Audeze and Mr. Speakers headphone connections. With this, I'm done buying cables for any cans in the future. I'd just have to have the appropriate ends made up.

@teds headfood does phenomenal work!

Now you can use Amp3EX line out :D ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back