DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 14, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #2,806 of 13,478
Just curious, where did you get the 2 Panasonic caps? I'm handy with a soldering iron and would definitely mod mine- but I want the right caps.
Got mine from ebay, believe it was a uk seller. they where set of 5x 470uf 16v FR caps, cost me only 8 euro with shipping. Mouser would be an option, but their shipping times seem terrible.

May 14, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #2,808 of 13,478
I don’t mind the noise and it’s hooked up to my computer, but my girl thinks I’m crazy burning in everything lol..

Lol, well one way or another it's going to get 'burnt' in. If I had a dollar for everyone someone said 'it sounded bad/rough out of the box, but after some burn in'.... I'd have enough to buy an amp 8 module- ok slight exaggeration, but you know what I mean.

Not discounting burn in because capacity changes in caps over time, but the voltage swings are minuscule and I don't see how that could effect the audio, but who knows. I still think your brain gets used to the sound over time, a 'brain burn in' if you will. And your GF is right, we ARE all crazy here :wink: The average person uses their phone for music and is happy with a set of skull candys for 20-30 dollars.

May 14, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #2,809 of 13,478
Early comparison with SP1000cu: DX220 doesn't quite have that impact of SP1000 (SP). SP is also smoother. But DX220 needs more burn-in; I'm sure it will improve. I'm comparing from balanced out to my headphone amp.
What amp module ? The Amp1 MKII isn’t as smooth as Amp1Titanium....however, if you got Amp8EX, that Modified Amp8 my friend....would leave many things in the dust for the smoothness of it textures and details being retrieved. I am sure @edwardsean can confirm

Last edited:
May 14, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #2,810 of 13,478
What amp module ? The Amp1 MKII isn’t as smooth as Amp1Titanium....however, if you got Amp8EX, that Modified Amp8 my friend....would leave many things in the dust for the smoothness of it textures and details being retrieved. I am sure @edwardsean can confirm
Yah, it's the standard Amp1 mkii. May have to look at other amps but so far, the sound is decent. Lot lighter than SP1000 which is a load in my pocket...

May 14, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #2,811 of 13,478
This may be a noob question, but um... when I'm in Mango OS on the DX220... how the heck do I search for a specific song?

I can sort it by album/artist/etc., but I want to search for specific songs. It can be a pain trying to scroll through dozens of songs by a single artist.

The FiiO X5-III has a search function where you simply just start typing and it brings up titles matching whatever you type.

Please tell me the DX220 has this kind of functionality.. seems kind of a basic 'necessity'..

Edit:

To add on, there's almost 24,000 songs on my SD card on this and I'll be playing stuff by shuffle throughout the entire playlist, but every now and then I'll want to search for specific songs. I haven't found a way to do this. There has to be a way, like seriously, lol

In the 'All Music' section - it's just a giant list of 23,972 songs. How do I play a SINGLE song from here without trying to scroll through a giant list?

Last edited:
May 14, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #2,812 of 13,478
... and I don't see how that could effect the audio, but who knows. I still think your brain gets used to the sound over time, a 'brain burn in' if you will...

I believe in "both" burn in's, gear and brain. Including a burn in cable by iBasso gives them extra credits in this subject - its a way of saying "We know your brain will burn anyway but we don't force you to, we do believe on our part of burning".
So, ((BurnG + BurnB) * square(Burning time)^3) / PhoneImpedance = :deadhorse: LOL ...

May 14, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #2,813 of 13,478
I believe in "both" burn in's, gear and brain. Including a burn in cable by iBasso gives them extra credits in this subject - its a way of saying "We know your brain will burn anyway but we don't force you to, we do believe on our part of burning".
So, ((BurnG + BurnB) * square(Burning time)^3) / PhoneImpedance = :deadhorse: LOL ...

Ibasso definitely believes in it :wink: I'm just happy I don't have to buy a leather case like I did for my zx300 and ak sr15 because that's almost another 100 dollars.

May 14, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #2,814 of 13,478
Ibasso definitely believes in it :wink: I'm just happy I don't have to buy a leather case like I did for my zx300 and ak sr15 because that's almost another 100 dollars.
One doesnt need a case.

May 14, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #2,815 of 13,478
This may be a noob question, but um... when I'm in Mango OS on the DX220... how the heck do I search for a specific song?

I can sort it by album/artist/etc., but I want to search for specific songs. It can be a pain trying to scroll through dozens of songs by a single artist.

The FiiO X5-III has a search function where you simply just start typing and it brings up titles matching whatever you type.

Please tell me the DX220 has this kind of functionality.. seems kind of a basic 'necessity'..

Edit:

To add on, there's almost 24,000 songs on my SD card on this and I'll be playing stuff by shuffle throughout the entire playlist, but every now and then I'll want to search for specific songs. I haven't found a way to do this. There has to be a way, like seriously, lol

In the 'All Music' section - it's just a giant list of 23,972 songs. How do I play a SINGLE song from here without trying to scroll through a giant list?
The request has been made to add the search features in the Mango Player mode in addition to adding alphabetic skip-to capabilities that would address what you and many others, including me, have noted. We shall see if iBasso adds these in the near future.

Make sure to check out the other thread dedicated to FW change requests and add your inputs.

Cheers,
Tim

May 14, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #2,816 of 13,478
Still burning my DX220 in...I seriously wish iBasso had upgraded the processor in this unit from the DX200. Compared to my R6 Pro, it's a bit sluggish and scanning new files on my SD card takes longer than it should. I'm not going to comment on the sound yet, as I haven't listened to it much.

May 14, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #2,817 of 13,478
The request has been made to add the search features in the Mango Player mode in addition to adding alphabetic skip-to capabilities that would address what you and many others, including me, have noted. We shall see if iBasso adds these in the near future.

Make sure to check out the other thread dedicated to FW change requests and add your inputs.

Cheers,
Tim

Oh wow, that's crazy - seems like a basic feature...

I guess in the meantime I'll have to keep scrolling or something, ugh.

May 14, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #2,819 of 13,478
You could use your single ended devices for listening while burning in just use the included burn in cable when you are going to leave the DX220 on unattended. I've gone ahead and cabled all my phones to balanced, just seems to make sense on the face of it, never mind that dumb 'ol science:L3000:

Besides, there seems to be some debate on this thread about adapting balanced to unbalanced.
Oh wow, that's crazy - seems like a basic feature...

I guess in the meantime I'll have to keep scrolling or something, ugh.
How hard is it to go to the album containing the song you want to hear?
In Mango Player mode you will need to know what album the song is on first then you can 1) use the Album/Song path to get there or 2) go Directory/SD card or Internal storage/Artist folder/Album/Song route or 3) Artist/Album/Song route. The All Music route will get you to the song directly but you can't back out to the Album level, at least not that I could find.

In Android mode the search function is probably the best path to success for what you are looking for. Requests have been made expand the capabilities within the Album, Artist, and Genre menus to make it easier to navigate and find what you want to listen to. Hopefully iBasso will come through for us.

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back