DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Oct 19, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #9,511 of 22,021
Here's a dumb question, as I haven't made a balanced cable before, Is there no ground connection to the iBasso with this plug? I thought all balanced circuits required a separate ground?
Here are the pin outs for most devices out there...

trrs all.png

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #9,512 of 22,021
F1FD8417-A169-4299-ABDC-E5FEAA804CFE.jpeg
Finally in your hands in UK now. Congratulations.
Soon you will place two more orders, AMP4 and AMP5 :)
Not too soon, don’t think I can take much more tracking,24 tracking events and on number 9 of my next. My DX50 has been repaired and is on its way now. I have to say @Paul - iBasso has been a legend helping me with the repair. Ibasso really do know the value of customer care/service. Big thanks to Paul

Oct 19, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #9,513 of 22,021
Here's a dumb question, as I haven't made a balanced cable before, Is there no ground connection to the iBasso with this plug? I thought all balanced circuits required a separate ground?
L- and R- are actively-driven grounds. There is no common ground. Rarely do balanced audio cables used with DAP's and amps use grounded shielding such as is used in commercial applications where long runs of cable are routinely used.

Oct 19, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #9,514 of 22,021
L- and R- are actively-driven grounds. There is no common ground. Rarely do balanced audio cables used with DAP's and amps use grounded shielding such as is used in commercial applications where long runs of cable are routinely used.

Thanks HiFiight and Jerick70, thats the answers I was looking for!

Oct 19, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #9,516 of 22,021
I follow all the above settings but not able to play DSD files, please advise what did I missed out. Thanks Burt
DSD in DoP (i.e. without converting to PCM) will not work with Neutron and the stock firmware. You may try 2.5.141L1.

Oct 19, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #9,517 of 22,021
I own a DX200 which I bought in Germany. I use the firmware of Lurker00 in the version V2.5.141.L0 and I have a Qobuz subscription Sublime + with which I can play music up to the format 24bit / 192khz. Up to the format 24bit / 92 khz I can play music in the Qobuz app. In the format 24 Bit / 192khz unfortunately not. The app shows only the tracks in the display and changes to the next track without playing music every few seconds.
With USB Audio Player Pro and USB Audio for Dx200, I can play with Qobuz the format 24bit / 192khz correctly. I have send this problem to ibasso but received no answer so far. Does anyone know a solution.
Thanks to Lurker00 for his fantastic work with this firmware.

Oct 19, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #9,518 of 22,021
I own a DX200 which I bought in Germany. I use the firmware of Lurker00 in the version V2.5.141.L0 and I have a Qobuz subscription Sublime + with which I can play music up to the format 24bit / 192khz. Up to the format 24bit / 92 khz I can play music in the Qobuz app. In the format 24 Bit / 192khz unfortunately not. The app shows only the tracks in the display and changes to the next track without playing music every few seconds.
With USB Audio Player Pro and USB Audio for Dx200, I can play with Qobuz the format 24bit / 192khz correctly. I have send this problem to ibasso but received no answer so far. Does anyone know a solution.
Welcome to Headfi and sorry about your Euros ( wallet ) :)

Oct 19, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #9,519 of 22,021

That is an extremely specific question / situation...

Oct 19, 2017 at 9:58 PM Post #9,520 of 22,021
So has the long lasting issue of skipping beginning part of 1st song been solved? Not aware of the FW update to fix it.
I just learned from a local user who made inquiry to iBasoo in that regard and they replied:

Quote:
Hello,
Sorry about the late reply. We are just back from our national day long holiday.
There is an auto mute option under settings, you can turn off the auto-mute, then it would not have this problem.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio
: End of Quote

Is this the way to fix the issue, Paul, If it is the right and relevant solution for now, why not publicize?
It takes care of the issue only under Android Mango OS though. Am I mistaken some where?

Oct 20, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #9,522 of 22,021
I just got a set of JH Audio Angies and I have to say these are FANTASTIC with the DX200 using AMP2. No joke. It's clear that they are vocal forward but the detail is insane. They sound so impressive that I'm putting these slightly ahead of my 1Plus2's...and it's only been an hour. Add to this they're probably the most comfortable universal IEM that I have to date. I used my standard testing playlist consisting of classical, country, classic rock, southern rock, and 80's hair band metal. These have brought Led Zeppelin's Over Hills and Far Away into the realm of audio bliss. With the DX200 and the Angies, you can hear more mids, as well as Jimmy Page's acoustics sound better than I've ever heard. You can actually hear that he's playing a 12 string!

Bohemian Rhapsody was also a standout. Everyone knows the harmonics of that song are part of it's draw, and then Freddy Mercury's vocals bring down the house. The DX200 paired with the Angies have brought it to a whole new level. I can now hear more of Roger Taylors drumming and cymbal work and the inflecions of Freddy Mercury's voice blew me away.

For classical the most improved sound came from Fur Elise which was brought more vividly to life than my other IEM's ever dreamed of. Def Leppard's Pour Some Sugar On Me was also improved over the 1Plus2's as was Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, and Metallica.

I think these have really brought the DX200 to an even higher level in my eyes (ears). There is no hiss whatsoever...I was worried about that. The JH Angies are (to my ears) definitely a Rock/Classical/Jamming set of IEM's. There's no doubt about that...but I'm trying to find the few pop songs I have on the DX200 to see if they sound better, worse or the same.

I'm thoroughly impressed with the pairing between the two.

Oct 20, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #9,523 of 22,021
Lurker0, I am using your FW but Neutron still not able to play DSD files?
First, check that you are running 2.5.141L2. Then, check your settings against this post to be sure that Neutron does not destroy DoP stream.

Oct 20, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #9,525 of 22,021
Where can I find 2.5.141L2? On your releases page I only see 2.5.141L1
Sorry, I meant L1. L2 is available for testers only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back