DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Apr 9, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #21,106 of 22,021
Need help: So i just got my ibasso dx200 with AMP5. it came with Oreo installed and then I went ahead downloaded the latest Purist Rom flash it as per instructions. It said download failed on the flash tool, so I revert back to 6.1 and it works fine.

Then I go and install the 8.1 FW first that i got from Ibasso's site, and then in the tool after clicking on Upgrade, i get Download ADB fail and after that my player is not booting up, the tool does not detect the loader anymore, or anything else. Held the power button 10 secs and more, nothing seems to work.

Is this already bricked?
The DX200 is not bricked. You may need to go back to the Batch Tool and install the .img firmware used with it. Then progress to the Oreo update. Also check your USB C cable and make sure the DX200 is charging.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 9, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #21,107 of 22,021
Thanks for getting so quick Paul.

The Batchtool does not anymore detect the Loader Device if I am pressing the Play button as it was before. So I am unable to flash any .img files to it. I am charging this device now, but i am not seeing the Charging logo as I was before. Should I be worried?

Apr 9, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #21,108 of 22,021
Thanks for getting so quick Paul.

The Batchtool does not anymore detect the Loader Device if I am pressing the Play button as it was before. So I am unable to flash any .img files to it. I am charging this device now, but i am not seeing the Charging logo as I was before. Should I be worried?
Have you tried a different charger and a different USB C cable? Is this a new or used DX200?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 9, 2019 at 7:38 PM Post #21,110 of 22,021
Apr 10, 2019 at 12:35 AM Post #21,111 of 22,021
Need help: So i just got my ibasso dx200 with AMP5. it came with Oreo installed and then I went ahead downloaded the latest Purist Rom flash it as per instructions. It said download failed on the flash tool, so I revert back to 6.1 and it works fine.

Then I go and install the 8.1 FW first that i got from Ibasso's site, and then in the tool after clicking on Upgrade, i get Download ADB fail and after that my player is not booting up, the tool does not detect the loader anymore, or anything else. Held the power button 10 secs and more, nothing seems to work.

Is this already bricked?
Did you go straight from 6.1 to the latest 8.1 v1.06 OTA??

Apr 10, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #21,113 of 22,021
Here it is: Add-on v.1.17
  1. Compatible with 1.06.041. Backward comatible with 1.05.036.
  2. Magisk updated to version 18.1.
  3. Kernel parameters tuned to prevent CPU overheating (with great help of @Anglomilian).
In addition to the official release notes for 1.06.041, I'd add:
  • If you experienced sudden shutdowns or misbehaviour of DX200 with previous Android 8.1 versions, but no problems with Android 6.01, please try this, along with my add-on.
  • YouTube full screen playback works!

Got to pen down a big thank you for continuously providing add-ons and support!

Have just updated to latest official firmware V1.06.041 and without Lurker0's add-on, it wouldn't feel complete! Lurker0 add-on is a must have! :beyersmile:

Thus far, all is good - smooth upgrade - no surprises!

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #21,114 of 22,021
After upgrading to the latest version, the volume display at the middle of the notification bar was shifted slightly to the left, regardless display size setting. Was it intentional or an unusual bug?

Apr 11, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #21,115 of 22,021
After upgrading to the latest version, the volume display at the middle of the notification bar was shifted slightly to the left, regardless display size setting. Was it intentional or an unusual bug?
It is intentional and is mentioned in the list of changes.

Apr 13, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #21,116 of 22,021
Finally I have got the chance to land my hands on the DX220 at Zeppelin & Co in Singapore.

Managed to spend a good 10 to 15 undisturbed minutes with it with only one objective. That is to find out if I would prefer it over the DX200 Titanium.

Let me start with the conclusion. I wasn't overwhelmed by the DX220 sound. I can safely tell to the Titanium owners out there... you can rest be assured that your DX200 Titanium does sit steadily well on the throne.

A disclaimer... the one I auditioned was equipped with the old DX200 Amp1 and not the original one that came with DX220.

Ok now, a bit of sound analysis here. The 220 does retain its reference sounding of 200. If my memory serves me well with the 200, 220 sounds a little warmer than its predecessor. Oh, I forgot to mention that iBasso will be phasing out the DX200. So guys... DX200 has become limited edition.

As compared to the DX200Ti, the Ti not only has better soundstage, it produces a cleaner and crisper sound which I called it pure HiFi sound. Once I have identified this superiority over the DX220 I put it down and never looked back.

However, there are a few things i want to mention on the hardware. Firstly, DX220 UI is STUNNING!! Period. It's also equipped with screen that has curved edging. It looks and feels flushed. I can imagine myself happily watching YouTube with it.
Having said that, one thing I am somewhat disappointed with is the touch sensitivity. I was in Mango OS and almost everytime I had to touch 3 to 4 times to navigate the interface. That was quite annoying but as an iBasso user since DX50, I am 100% confident that they will fix this.

So... with the 10min I had with the DX220, I hope I have shared some valuable information. These are just my 2 cents. I strongly suggest you guys to try it out and share more info here for the benefit of other DX200 users.

Last but not least, I'm really hoping that iBasso is planning to update DX200 with the latest UI. It does look a lot cooler. Cheers!

Apr 13, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #21,117 of 22,021
Finally I have got the chance to land my hands on the DX220 at Zeppelin & Co in Singapore.
Managed to spend a good 10 to 15 undisturbed minutes with it with only one objective. That is to find out if I would prefer it over the DX200 Titanium.
Let me start with the conclusion. I wasn't overwhelmed by the DX220 sound. I can safely tell to the Titanium owners out there... you can rest be assured that your DX200 Titanium does sit steadily well on the throne.
A disclaimer... the one I auditioned was equipped with the old DX200 Amp1 and not the original one that came with DX220.
Ok now, a bit of sound analysis here. The 220 does retain its reference sounding of 200. If my memory serves me well with the 200, 220 sounds a little warmer than its predecessor. Oh, I forgot to mention that iBasso will be phasing out the DX200. So guys... DX200 has become limited edition.
As compared to the DX200Ti, the Ti not only has better soundstage, it produces a cleaner and crisper sound which I called it pure HiFi sound. Once I have identified this superiority over the DX220 I put it down and never looked back.
However, there are a few things i want to mention on the hardware. Firstly, DX220 UI is STUNNING!! Period. It's also equipped with screen that has curved edging. It looks and feels flushed. I can imagine myself happily watching YouTube with it.
Having said that, one thing I am somewhat disappointed with is the touch sensitivity. I was in Mango OS and almost everytime I had to touch 3 to 4 times to navigate the interface. That was quite annoying but as an iBasso user since DX50, I am 100% confident that they will fix this.
So... with the 10min I had with the DX220, I hope I have shared some valuable information. These are just my 2 cents. I strongly suggest you guys to try it out and share more info here for the benefit of other DX200 users.
Last but not least, I'm really hoping that iBasso is planning to update DX200 with the latest UI. It does look a lot cooler. Cheers!

Thanks for your impressions, but I don´t think it is fair to compare the DX200Ti vs the new DX220 when both have different AMPs. My DX200 sound completely different with the AMP4S than with the AMP1. I suppose that the DX220 will be amazing with the AMP8 or even the future AMP9, and probably some people will prefer it against the DX200Ti.

Apr 13, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #21,119 of 22,021
Thanks for your impressions, but I don´t think it is fair to compare the DX200Ti vs the new DX220 when both have different AMPs. My DX200 sound completely different with the AMP4S than with the AMP1. I suppose that the DX220 will be amazing with the AMP8 or even the future AMP9, and probably some people will prefer it against the DX200Ti.

DX220 might be better than DX200 but could not be surpassed the DX200TI which was built with better components.

Apr 13, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #21,120 of 22,021
DX220 might be better than DX200 but could not be surpassed the DX200TI which was built with better components.
And imagine DX200Ti with AMP9..... It's going to equal pure bliss!!!!!

To tide people over until AMP9.... I picked up a Little Bear B4-X dual mono tube amp from Amazon to use with my DX200Ti. Only $94 right now shipped. I wasn't expecting much. Ordered it more for a play toy. But I got more than I bargained for. This little amp is so transparent and refined. My jaw dropped when I listened to the first note from it. I've owned quite a few portable tube amps, ALO CDM, ALO Cv5, Fostex HP-V1, ect... and this is one of the best. The HP-V1 was a little more refined, but with the ability to upgrade the OPAMPs in the B4-X I think this will be the best. I have a pair of Burson v5i-D OPAMPS on the way that are supposed to turn this little beauty into a giant killer. We will see....

IMG_20190410_133043.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back