DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Apr 29, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #13,156 of 22,021
That s where I got mine as well. Great people to deal with. :)

thank you, contacted them. let's see if I get lucky! how did you purchase it from them, though. they don't seem to have a site or anything?

Apr 29, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #13,159 of 22,021
I´m having an issue with the battery indicator. I´m currently using the latest lurker version, and if I charge the DAP completely, it shows initialy 100% on the battery indicator. However, if I turn off the DAP and I turn it on some hours later, It shows only 82%. Do you know why this happens?

Apr 29, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #13,160 of 22,021
I think they have a little bit tolerance problem between 4.4mm plug and socket as they bundled few plastic spacer in order to fix this glitch. I have a Sony ZX300 which has no problem with all my 4.4mm plug. However, my AMP4S has some connection problem with two of my 4.4mm cable (orignial Sony Kimble Kable) which need to install the plastic spacers between the socket and plug in order to sound properly. Frankly, I am not that happy with this and I don’t think this situation is good for mass production. iBasso will very busy with large number of unhappy customers if they don’t limit the production.

I remember ppl mention this problem in this thread before.
Some had it. The rest didn't have the issues. So it's incorrect to say what is mentioned above. That's only speculation.

Apr 29, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #13,161 of 22,021
wheee! think I just got one!

thanks for advising me. it was the last one they had.

Apr 29, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #13,163 of 22,021
It's worth bearing in mind that, compared with 3.5mm single-ended and 2.5mm balanced, 4.4mm is a relatively rare kind of connector.
And having to add (e.g.) a 4.4mm to 2.5mm adaptor makes the whole package less transportable and adds another link into the chain which could cause a deterioration or alteration in the sound signature.
Having said that, I just got the iBasso CA2 adaptor recently, and it's unspeakably gorgeous and has been reviewed as not colouring the sound signature lol. As long as I'm using it at home, it's fine :)

Agreed. The adapter is great, but a bit cumbersome. If I'm not mistaken the IT04 will be terminated in 4.4mm so at some point we can lose the adapter. :)

Apr 29, 2018 at 8:33 PM Post #13,164 of 22,021
Agreed. The adapter is great, but a bit cumbersome. If I'm not mistaken the IT04 will be terminated in 4.4mm so at some point we can lose the adapter. :)

?? The IT04's do not have a 4.4mm. That would not make sense as most of the things you'd plug a balanced set of IEM's into are 2.5mm.

Apr 29, 2018 at 9:30 PM Post #13,166 of 22,021
How does dx200 compare to. Mojo

To my ears the DX200 with the choices of 2 balanced amp3 and amp4(s) and amp5 with 3.5 SE you can listen to any genres of musics you like and a flagship portable DAP whereas the Mojo (I do not have poly) by itself is a good DAC/amp but you have to stack with a DAP and it has only 3.5 SE and no balanced connection.
There is a comparison between Mojo (+poly) and DX200+amp5 somewhere in this thread.

Apr 29, 2018 at 9:32 PM Post #13,167 of 22,021
?? The IT04's do not have a 4.4mm. That would not make sense as most of the things you'd plug a balanced set of IEM's into are 2.5mm.

@icefalkon, you are correct of course. I thought I'd read that somewhere but perhaps only wishing it so.

Apr 30, 2018 at 1:49 AM Post #13,168 of 22,021
@icefalkon, you are correct of course. I thought I'd read that somewhere but perhaps only wishing it so.

To me it would make sense if Ibassso made a nice cable for their IEMS that has 4,4 mm connector.
Does anyone know Ibasso has plans for that?
.....And while I am at it; with an angled connector please
.....soft, non-microfonic and tangle free
....maybe even with a few flashy colors to choose from

Apr 30, 2018 at 3:33 AM Post #13,169 of 22,021
I would certainly be interested in any future cables from Ibasso, I have the CB12/13 cables and think they are great value.
I have the CB12 on my IT03 and the CB13 on the Andromeda.
It would be cool to have a CB13 like cable terminated in 4.4mm connector. I’d buy that in a heartbeat. Any thoughts @Paul - iBasso
Regarding the Amp4s, really enjoying it.
Definitely a step up from a brilliant Amp3 module. Awesome work as usual from Ibasso

Apr 30, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #13,170 of 22,021
I am still having issues caused by the IBASSO DX200!! I would warn any one on here thinking of purchasing one or dealing with Advanced MP3 players(they sell on amazon in the UK) to tread extremely carefully!!

some background Received DX200 was not seen by any PCs in my house(little circle would never bring up option screen of USB for charging file transfer etc) was Advised by "IBASSO" to try another USB type C lead...joy!!! DX200 worked, however the next morning when i tried to take some flac files off my other players(Fiio Questyle) none of these players were seen by my PC ...i then spent two days trying to resolve this issue(on windows/PC forums etc).

As i was getting no joy i was told to pursue the Trader not IBASSO which i did via recorded delivery letter sent out to AMP3 players on the 20th of April i had no reply from them(email or letter) so by Sunday the 29th i tried contacting them again through Amazon, which they responded to today Monday the 30th and arranged to speak to them via a phone call inn which they have claimed "As they did not advise me to try another USB C lead that there is no line of Proof that the DX200 caused my PC issues!!! "

I am absolutely fuming ..everything worked fine i could change flac files from player Fiio to Questyle(and from server to either) with no problems until the DX200 entered the mix but now i am left with a PC that will not see either DAPs it still sees the DX200 though.

So even if i send the IBASSO back get a full refund i will be left with a PC that i can no longer transfer files to my other Players...Thanks a Bunch IBASSO and Advanced MP£ players

Users who are viewing this thread

Back