1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by paul - ibasso, Dec 17, 2015.
First

Back
866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875
877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886
Next

Last
  1. fuhransahis
    Then we both agree :L3000:

Cheers and happy Friday! :beerchug:

2. singleended5863
    Totally agreed in my situation with HD600 and stock cable on amp5 there was no juice at all...:triportsad:

fuhransahis likes this.
  3. linux4ever
    Compared to AMP4, AMP4S presents sound in a colored way. Not too much, but the coloration is there. On some tracks it becomes too rich. Though it maintains its transparency to the source, it still doesn't sound exactly the same as what the source is presenting.

fuhransahis likes this.
  4. singleended5863
    How would you know that? Please elaborate. Thanks.

5. linux4ever
    Just by my hearing both. :)

It's my experience and the experience of others might vary. And their preference might be different. But that's how I hear it. I'm not saying amp4s sounds bad.

Between the two I'll always choose amp4. It's that good. And my unit didn't have any connection problems reported by others. That's a bonus.

6. artpiggo
    I am running in amp4s.

will evaluate after having at least 1 week of listening.

7. artpiggo
    Just wonder if @twister6 @Whitigir have picture inside AMP4S? I would like to know what is its HW difference compared to AMP4.

8. chaiyuta
    @fuhransahis : Using the latest stock firmware + MANGO mode, AMP4 gives 3D soundstage (sphere shape), whereas AMP4s tends to oval shape with forward vocal in comparison. AMP4 has better detail retrieval, deeper sub-bass and shares speedy&snappy feeling while AMP4s excels on smoother vocal, smoothen treble and shares relax feeling. (though my AMP4S don't passed burn-in period yet.)

fuhransahis likes this.
  9. CracKinGDucK
    I burned in my amp4s for a week straight with the burn-in cable and has no time to listen it yet, what a shame to me.

10. foxtrot
    Speaking directly without sentiments. AMP4s is for fans of pop music. The sound is painted for the sake of not very demanding listener. The first AMP4 refers to the absolute HI-END.
    Please)

11. jamato8 Contributor
    That is silly but I guess you are making some sort of joke.

Both the 4 and 4s do excellent but I think those with the 4s newly acquired need to let it burn in. The 4s sounds amazing to me. Cello has a wonderful resonance and body to the sound. Violin, sweet overtones and delivery. Layering and imaging are great with both the 4 and 4s. Great stuff!

KEV G and kubig123 like this.
  12. foxtrot
    The first AMP4 has the sound of "darkness ahead!" This is an absolute astral!
    Thanks foxtrot!)

13. foxtrot
    The first AMP4 is an absolute astral!
    The depth of the level of the relic noise of the universe.
    More such level will not be.
    Thanks foxtrot!)

14. foxtrot
    The first AMP4 is an absolute astral!
    The collider is resting!
    Thanks foxtrot!)

15. truenobzr
    I am thinking of buying an AMP5, however I have AMP2...

First

Back
866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875
877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886
Next

Last