DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Apr 30, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #13,171 of 22,021
I am still having issues caused by the IBASSO DX200!! I would warn any one on here thinking of purchasing one or dealing with Advanced MP3 players(they sell on amazon in the UK) to tread extremely carefully!!

some background Received DX200 was not seen by any PCs in my house(little circle would never bring up option screen of USB for charging file transfer etc) was Advised by "IBASSO" to try another USB type C lead...joy!!! DX200 worked, however the next morning when i tried to take some flac files off my other players(Fiio Questyle) none of these players were seen by my PC ...i then spent two days trying to resolve this issue(on windows/PC forums etc).

As i was getting no joy i was told to pursue the Trader not IBASSO which i did via recorded delivery letter sent out to AMP3 players on the 20th of April i had no reply from them(email or letter) so by Sunday the 29th i tried contacting them again through Amazon, which they responded to today Monday the 30th and arranged to speak to them via a phone call inn which they have claimed "As they did not advise me to try another USB C lead that there is no line of Proof that the DX200 caused my PC issues!!! "

I am absolutely fuming ..everything worked fine i could change flac files from player Fiio to Questyle(and from server to either) with no problems until the DX200 entered the mix but now i am left with a PC that will not see either DAPs it still sees the DX200 though.

So even if i send the IBASSO back get a full refund i will be left with a PC that i can no longer transfer files to my other Players...Thanks a Bunch IBASSO and Advanced MP£ players

Erm... from your issue. It seems that there is an issue with windows and not iBasso DX200...

Whatever you described cannot be caused by DX200......

I will say restart your computer, and go to your device manager, plug in your other daps, check if the pc recognises it when you plug them in. If it says unknown device right click on it, select properties and update the driver....

Seems like it’s a windows driver issue.

Apr 30, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #13,172 of 22,021
I´m having an issue with the battery indicator. I´m currently using the latest lurker version, and if I charge the DAP completely, it shows initialy 100% on the battery indicator. However, if I turn off the DAP and I turn it on some hours later, It shows only 82%. Do you know why this happens?
Same here for me, but mine sticks always at 88%. No difference for starting it after a few hours or 1 day, it's 88% full. Strangest thing is, it doesn't happen always, but for 2 out of 3 times. No idea why.

Apr 30, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #13,173 of 22,021
ZzmadzZ

i have heard that until i am blue in the face tried that for two days disabling uninstalling drivers etc etc etc before i resorted to sending a claim letter to AMP3 players, i have tried everything that you suggest and more!!!

And i am afraid you are wrong as it was definitely caused by IBASSO
timeline
1) all my DAPs would connect New the DX200 would not i (Pre Sunday the 15th)
2) was advised by IBASSO to source another USB type C lead (this was way back on the weekend of the 15th)
3) DX200 connected the evening of the 15th......however the following morning when i tried to connect any of my other DAPs they were not seen and have been that way ever since.
4) I spent the next two days trying all known driver suggestions to clear the faults but they still remain
5) 20th sent letter which AMP3 players did no t bothering to reply to until prompted on the 29th saying via a phone call on the 30th that they did not advise the USB lead change so no there fault!!

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #13,174 of 22,021
ZzmadzZ

i have heard that until i am blue in the face tried that for two days disabling uninstalling drivers etc etc etc before i resorted to sending a claim letter to AMP3 players, i have tried everything that you suggest and more!!!

And i am afraid you are wrong as it was definitely caused by IBASSO
timeline
1) all my DAPs would connect New the DX200 would not i was advised to source (Pre Sunday the 15th)
2) was advised by IBASSO to source another USB type C lead (this was way back on the weekend of the 15th)
3) DX200 connected the evening of the 15th......however the following morning when i tried to connect any of my other DAPs they were not seen and have been that way ever since.
4) I spent the next two days trying all known driver suggestions to clear the faults but they still remain

Hmmm this is peculiar, I have never heard an instance that a USB connected device can brick a USB port of a windows computer.

Have you tried to uninstall the DX200 driver form your windows?

And may I ask have you tried using different USB ports or are you plugging in to the same USB port?

I’m still pretty sure this is a windows problem, just be patient and calm down. We can solve this!

Apr 30, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #13,177 of 22,021
Windows users? Anyone can assist?

Apr 30, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #13,178 of 22,021
attached are the print screens that i posted on many windows forums that no one found a solution to

The last resort is to turn back time on your machine. Roll back system to before you first plug in your DX200 and see if it solves the issue.

But let’s wait to see if anyone have inputs for ya.

Apr 30, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #13,180 of 22,021
Maybe it's already suggested to you, but can you do a Windows System restore, to a date before getting this problem?
Good idea. I have done that in the past.

I use Windows and Mac and have for years. Never had a device cause a problem with a USB unless there was an issue with he USB in the machine. I have shorted them a few times but a reboot solved the issue as the USB has a circuit relay.

Apr 30, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #13,181 of 22,021
The last resort is to turn back time on your machine. Roll back system to before you first plug in your DX200 and see if it solves the issue.

But let’s wait to see if anyone have inputs for ya.

hmm, I thought this will be the last resort :wink:

dr_strange.png

Apr 30, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #13,182 of 22,021
It happened to me when connecting DX200 to upload the Lurker0 and Lurker1 FWs before. I did try laptop to laptop to PC and finally the DX200 got recognized as unknown device by my wife’s laptop as I followed Mr. Lurker’s instructions. My laptop never recognized the DX200 no matter how many times it was rebooted. However, it recognized the defective DX200 but not the new one.

Apr 30, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #13,183 of 22,021
Same here for me, but mine sticks always at 88%. No difference for starting it after a few hours or 1 day, it's 88% full. Strangest thing is, it doesn't happen always, but for 2 out of 3 times. No idea why.
Thanks for your reply.
Did you try to reinstall the official firmware? I installed Lurker´s version as soon as I received the DX200, so I don´t know if the issue comes from the official firmware.

Apr 30, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #13,184 of 22,021
I am using the latest Lurker Fw and the battery shows 100% when charged. Never had any issues. If having the issue, I would try a factory reset.

Apr 30, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #13,185 of 22,021
Thanks for your reply.
Did you try to reinstall the official firmware? I installed Lurker´s version as soon as I received the DX200, so I don´t know if the issue comes from the official firmware.
I thought about this, but didn't do it, because I really like the extra possibilities of Lurker's fw. Will try this later this week to find out if it makes a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back