DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Nov 6, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #9,888 of 22,021
To those asking. Please do not use the AMP3 balanced out to a single ended input. You will burn up the buffers and will have to have the AMP3 repaired at your cost. You can not run a balanced output of an amplifier or line out to a singled ended input. Balanced to balanced is what you have to do. Use the AMP1 with the line out for single ended inputs.

Going back to the old problem. I did not find the clear explenation sofar. In the AMP3 LO is realized in the TRRS 4 pin standard. Let's stay at the very simple (primitive?) look on it - 2 pins for the left channel and 2 pins for the right channel. Every balanced input in almost every non-portable preamplifier has 3 pins per channel. Clear difference. So how the connection 'balanced to balanced' should be done and what is the essence of being balanced? Or mayby the signal path after the socket (XLR or RCA) is more important that the socket itself? Ignore the ground in the XLR?
Thanks in advance for the clarification from the forum's experts.

Nov 6, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #9,889 of 22,021
I think not too long ago someone asked about the battery drain when DX200 is idling, etc. After upgrading to the latest beta FW, I charged it up to 100%, rebooted, and let it idle for 24+ hours. The battery went down to only 91%.

Nov 6, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #9,890 of 22,021
Well that was fast, I received the DX200 and amp 3 today! I have never used an android device before so it it far more complicated than cowon ui. Old computer shows DX200 but I can’t tranfer anything to it. I have cards so no big deal. When I connected my Vegas balances to the amp 3 I had massive noise when not playing and playing music. I switched to mango and the noise stopped. Obviously I have much to learn about this dap. Willing to take my time and learn it. Sound even new out of the box was pretty good. First thing I noticed was a wide soundstage and a black background. Build quality is good. It feels solid and all of the buttons feel right. So far so good.

Nov 6, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #9,891 of 22,021
Well that was fast, I received the DX200 and amp 3 today! I have never used an android device before so it it far more complicated than cowon ui. Old computer shows DX200 but I can’t tranfer anything to it. I have cards so no big deal. When I connected my Vegas balances to the amp 3 I had massive noise when not playing and playing music. I switched to mango and the noise stopped. Obviously I have much to learn about this dap. Willing to take my time and learn it. Sound even new out of the box was pretty good. First thing I noticed was a wide soundstage and a black background. Build quality is good. It feels solid and all of the buttons feel right. So far so good.
If you get hiss/static when you use the AMP3, it will stop once you start the music but what needs to be done is an update to the latest FW. There is always a learning curve. It can be maddening at first, depending upon your expectations and amount of caffeine you have consumed. I can go into something and just learn what to do or I can curse a lot, lol, again depending upon, yes the caffeine consumption and general mood. Anyway the learning curve comes in and things smooth out.

There are things to learn about the DX200 but that also means it has many options and possibilities. With time I found it opens up even more, bass is more solid and just plain fun.

On FW, you download the zip file, unzip it and the zip file that shows up, is the one you use for the update, not the original zip file. Also there are directions in the download, after you unzip it. They will get you to where you need to be to do the update.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #9,892 of 22,021

Did you swipe down notification bar, tap on "USB for charging" (the default selection), and Select "File transfer"? That should enable you to copy files.

Nov 6, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #9,893 of 22,021
In my signature there is a link to my reviews which has screenshots of the UI and also a how to update the firmware.

I found i had to but another usb cable for data transfer.
Windows or mac? Mac needs an application to read the dx200

I am also an Android newbie.

Oh and the Amp3 works without hiss on the latest (two) firmwares.

Nov 6, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #9,894 of 22,021

Just wanted to chime in on static issues I have too. I thought I was having very bad static through the amp 3 as well, but it turns out it was due to being connected to my Wifi via my 2.4 ghz connection. Once I switched over to the 5.0 ghz connection, the amp 3 is eerily quiet.

Nov 6, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #9,895 of 22,021
Just wanted to chime in on static issues I have too. I thought I was having very bad static through the amp 3 as well, but it turns out it was due to being connected to my Wifi via my 2.4 ghz connection. Once I switched over to the 5.0 ghz connection, the amp 3 is eerily quiet.
Sounds like you are getting feedback from the wireless connection. I get this too when I'm connected to certain wifi hotspots.

Nov 6, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #9,896 of 22,021
Thank you all for your help. I was not swiping down the notification bar and going to usb, that fixed it. Thanks. The static and hissing comes and goes. Even when playing music. My player came with the latest firmware, maybe I will update again. I have turned WiFi off and still get the hiss. When I touch my screen when it is making the noise it affects the sound, odd. Thanks again for all of the help!

Nov 6, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #9,897 of 22,021
Thank you all for your help. I was not swiping down the notification bar and going to usb, that fixed it. Thanks. The static and hissing comes and goes. Even when playing music. My player came with the latest firmware, maybe I will update again. I have turned WiFi off and still get the hiss. When I touch my screen when it is making the noise it affects the sound, odd. Thanks again for all of the help!
Do you have your cell phone close to your DX200 when you notice static? When I get text messages and phone calls I get static. I also get a lot of static when I'm connected to wifi at work.

Nov 6, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #9,899 of 22,021
It would be nice to see iBasso and DX200 representation at the Fujiya (or upcoming e-earphone) shows. Fiio was exhibited in 2 desks at least.

Too bad that the local agent does not deal with DX200. Somehow any item with WiFi connectivity must clear rather outdated legal requirement and the DX200 does not ..., not sure if they have tried and failed or they would not want to take costly legalization processes given limited market share.
So local users of DX200 are strictly speaking owners of non-legal product here, Heck! Technically similar product, i.e., Fiio X7 has already cleared the test!
Com'on the agent, enough time has passed! Do something. If they wouldn't bring in the main DAP product, they should not be qualified as the sole agent...
During Headphone Festival at Japan, Why doesn't iBasso come or start marketing at Japan? In Twitter, I see a Chinese brand that is FiiO only...
I’ve seen iBasso at a few shows in Tokyo
They sold DX90, DX80, and HDP-R10 through local agent(authorized importer) in the past. Unfortunately early product of HDP-R10 with numerous bugs caused lost
credibility from the market and since then they are not successful to restore the buggy image. I guess the current importer is not as capable in doing so.
iBasso of 5 years ago is not iBasso now and they should consider change of agency now,

In the past Hibino used to be the importer of iBasso into Japan. My memory could be fading but I think the international DX100 nor DX90 made it to Japan but the HDP-R10 & DX90j were the Hibino/iBasso children. Fiio was exhibited in 2 tables at the show this past weekend.

Nov 6, 2017 at 11:40 PM Post #9,900 of 22,021
It would be nice to see iBasso and DX200 representation at the Fujiya (or upcoming e-earphone) shows. Fiio was exhibited in 2 desks at least.
In the past Hibino used to be the importer of iBasso into Japan. My memory could be fading but I think the international DX100 nor DX90 made it to Japan but the HDP-R10 & DX90j were the Hibino/iBasso children. Fiio was exhibited in 2 tables at the show this past weekend.
Hibino still appears to be the importer, but not sure if it means the sole and exclusive agent. Nomatter who the importer is, till the DX200 gets "certified"
we see no marketing activities nor public review due to possibility of legal violation. Too bad.
Come on Hibino! You are loosing a good chunk of market out there while taking a nap.

Fiio seems to be ahead of the game here. They have appointed a new and additional importer(Emilai) who only sells the products that a proceeding
importer(Oyaide) does not deal with. Now their X7 MKII is "legalized" by the new importer and ready to be sold locally.
This presents a very strange situation from onlookers view that two importers spliting the product mix of Fiio, e.g., X7 by Oyaide, X7 MKII by Emilai.
It may be a transit situation now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back