DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 25, 2017 at 7:53 AM Post #8,988 of 22,021
Not an ask Fanboy, never liked their stuff, but the SP1000 is something else. It's technically right up there, tonally extremely balanced and accurate, and has the slam and dynamics that all of its predecessors lacked.

I don't think the dx200 with the amp1 is on the same level yet, but I think the dx200 has potential. That said it's not far off. I have yet to try the amp 3, but I'm seriously hoping it's on the same level or better than the sp1000.

Sep 25, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #8,989 of 22,021
I do not intend to prove anything from my talk,but In many comparisons, see people easily prefer Dx200 Regardless of price Compared with AK 380 cu or sony WM1Z ,Talk about sound quality.
I hope to read soon Direct review of these two .:)
No, everyone here actually loves comparisons like these. Comparisons are always welcome:)

Sep 25, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #8,990 of 22,021
Not an ask Fanboy, never liked their stuff, but the SP1000 is something else. It's technically right up there, tonally extremely balanced and accurate, and has the slam and dynamics that all of its predecessors lacked.

I don't think the dx200 with the amp1 is on the same level yet, but I think the dx200 has potential. That said it's not far off. I have yet to try the amp 3, but I'm seriously hoping it's on the same level or better than the sp1000.

For $5000 Australian dollars in my country SP1000 would want to be 'everything' you say indeed, maybe even more.

sp1000.png

So, the question for me is.. should I buy six iBasso DX200's with that money or just buy one and have $4000 leftover to buy a car or refurnish my apartment?

Hmm, I mean, I have been in this hobby 5-years and immune to audio prices but even I drop my jaw to this.

Sep 25, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #8,991 of 22,021
the price is insane but it´s normal because it´s the trend of headphones market.
the question is about preference of ess sound or akm sound

Sep 25, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #8,992 of 22,021
For $5000 Australian dollars in my country SP1000 would want to be 'everything' you say indeed, maybe even more.

sp1000.png

So, the question for me is.. should I buy six iBasso DX200's with that money or just buy one and have $4000 leftover to buy a car or refurnish my apartment?

Hmm, I mean, I have been in this hobby 5-years and immune to audio prices but even I drop my jaw to this.

If I could buy a car for 4000 dollars in my country I would definitely do that :p kinda sucks that we have the most expensive cars in the world. By a margin.

Sep 25, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #8,993 of 22,021
the price is insane but it´s normal because it´s the trend of headphones market.

That's actually the point I'm making, that they're even being compared directly by 'preference' opens a page of answers, at least for me.

Can you explain to me why the $5000 SP1000 isn't obviously better? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. :)

(And don't worry I understand what WCDchee was explaining)

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #8,994 of 22,021

It isn’t not only about the preferences of sound. Amplifiers and DAC are ancient technology, and when it comes down to Portability, there can only be so much to squeeze into it. Form factor vs performances will always be the thing to portable player, regardless of how expensive it is. Especially if you are just following the sketch and sheets from 3rd party, or off the shelves DAC such as ESS or AKM, will there be much more to implement and alternating the sound signature ? Beside amplifying section ? Doubt that. When you follow DAC specifications sheet, the DAC is only there awaiting amplification. Then amplifying will always add color to the sound performances....always....therefore, you can swap and change your preferences with dx200 ....:p

That is why I say Kudo to Dx200, all your implementations and amplifications are interchangeable and upgradable, while you are buying Sp1000, you are stuck to it, period.

Sep 25, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #8,995 of 22,021
That's actually the point I'm making, that they're even being compared directly by 'preference' opens a page of answers, at least for me.

Can you explain to me why the $5000 SP1000 isn't obviously better? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. :)

(And don't worry I understand what WCDchee was explaining)
well...in the past i spent some money in this hobby and i had some of top headphones. now i don´t have money and patience to spend for this new stuffs because i don´t believe that an headphone or amp or dap sounds like the expensive price
my truth is that, today, we have a lot of millionaire people that spend in expensive stuffs. so businesses are doing well to sell these products
i basso made a product with a lot of substance at a reasonable price.it´s perfect? no but is worth the price

Sep 25, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #8,996 of 22,021
Anyway, I don't want to drag everyone down the AK price bashing trail, anyone who's been here a while understands it gets boring quick *cue paint drying* and the market will continue as it always, you learn that real quick.

What we have established however is iBasso DX200 is excellent value and that maybe somethings in portable audio really makes me say 'What'

I completed my review of Amp3 a few days ago, it can be found in the reviews section, I never solved the bass issue with my Tralucent IEM, we're working on getting some other earphones to try.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #8,997 of 22,021
No, everyone here actually loves comparisons like these. Comparisons are always welcome:)

sp1000.png

Ahahaha XD

You know, it is funny.

I think that you like DX200 quite a lot. And have good reason to, it is a very good DAP.

Sep 25, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #8,998 of 22,021
Ahahaha XD

You know, it is funny.

I think that you like DX200 quite a lot. And have good reason to, it is a very good DAP.

I do enjoy DX200, a lot, it sounds extremely good with my Tralucent 1Plus2.2, the player created a true upgrade for me. it took some firmware rolling, tips and messing around but I've finally got the setup sounding how I want.

Its just my feelings are different to others and prefer Amp1 atm.

Synergy is very important, my ears do not lie. :wink:

Sep 25, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #8,999 of 22,021
I do enjoy DX200, a lot, it sounds extremely good with my Tralucent 1Plus2.2, the player created a true upgrade for me. it took some firmware rolling, tips and messing around but I've finally got the setup sounding how I want.

Its just my feelings are different to others and prefer Amp1 atm.

Synergy is very important, my ears do not lie. :wink:
H20Fidelity have you tried your T-Peos h300 with the DX200 yet? Try them while listening to your favorite tracks on Spotify. Compare them with other IEMs and report back please.

Sep 25, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #9,000 of 22,021
I like Amp1 it has neutral tune ,in lineout 2.5 slighly bright and you can see sometimes harsh ,in contrast Amp3 slighly warmer tune you feel more relax .I must add my set (HD800S and Plussound gold plated silver) As you know, these are neutral.The reason is more interest for me .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back