DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 24, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #8,959 of 22,021
Just started charging mine and I can’t feel any vibration. I’ve tried it on and also turned off, still no vibration. Maybe try resetting, if that doesn’t work I would message Paul and see if he can offer any advice.
My bad, it feel like a “vibration”, maybe static?
Especially when u place the device screen down and touch its back (slowly run your fingers). Sometimes holding it vertically can also feel it.

Sep 24, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #8,960 of 22,021
Especially when u place the device screen down and touch its back (slowly run your fingers). Sometimes holding it vertically can also feel it.
Same feeling here when I charge my laptop.
Never experienced on DX200 but it is always in the case.

Sep 24, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #8,961 of 22,021

Yes, this happens with every single piece of electronic device I have in certain conditions of grounding. It is not the device's fault, it is a grounding problem somewhere in your location - this happens with me and some devices when I'm in old homes and touching things like pipes.

Sep 24, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #8,962 of 22,021
Static don't feel anything like vibration man....and if it is static that you are talking about, then It is not the DX200 fault. Static discharge to the easiest path, and that means the metal body of dx200.
Now, stop doing that, discharge it by touching a wrench before u touch dx200. Otherwise u will damage your dx200 into a no return point.

Static can happen when there are frictions between surfaces....that means the stuff that you wear and interact with as well. You can wiki for more informations but static is not DX200 fault

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #8,963 of 22,021
during charging the back of the DX200 vibrates when i hold it.

Is this normal?

LOL no. Not at all. I'd put it down, walk away slowly, and call the bomb squad...

JK...but seriously...it should NOT vibrate at all dude.

Sep 24, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #8,964 of 22,021
Static don't feel anything like vibration man....and if it is static that you are talking about, then It is not the DX200 fault. Static discharge to the easiest path, and that means the metal body of dx200.
Now, stop doing that, discharge it by touching a wrench before u touch dx200. Otherwise u will damage your dx200 into a no return point.

Static can happen when there are frictions between surfaces....that means the stuff that you wear and interact with as well. You can wiki for more informations but static is not DX200 fault

I agree with this, one should discharge the static charge when it forms, otherwise it can create a voltage / electric load through the things that are touched. Most electronics like HDDs and SSDs come in Farraday cages to avoid static discharges that could break them.

Sep 24, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #8,965 of 22,021
Yes, this happens with every single piece of electronic device I have in certain conditions of grounding. It is not the device's fault, it is a grounding problem somewhere in your location - this happens with me and some devices when I'm in old homes and touching things like pipes.

I'm sorry but with all due respect...absolutely not. Being in the electrical and electronics trade for over 30yrs...what this gentleman is describing is not due to a lack of grounding. If that were the case units from all over the world would have similar problems. Areas such as France, the Middle East, Eastern Europe have historically bad grounding issues....and this is the first hearing of it. I would definitely send the unit in for replacement. There's a greater chance of a problem concerning a cap or battery than there is an external grounding issue.

Sep 24, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #8,966 of 22,021
What you feel in old homes is static electricity formed by your walking around. Even in sufficiently grounded dwellings that happens at times. Plumbing pipes are grounded on the line side of the main valve...anything after that can compromise the grounding system. But still, that would not make the DX200 "vibrate". A static shock is nothing like feeling a device vibrate.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #8,967 of 22,021
This should be interesting.

When I lived in China, in Hunan Province, I got this all the time with my computer/laptop (Apple). I used my Apple adapter of course and when I would lightly run my finger over any of the metal, I could feel the slight (what felt like vibration due to the pulsing) vibration. I have felt this with other equipment as well, including portable audio devices. Not static but current leaking for some reason. I have had it in a few places in the US as well. I never was concerned by it, more amused as I realized that some sort of leakage was going on due to the electricity, grounding etc.

Sep 24, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #8,968 of 22,021
Is there a vibrator built in ? Lol

It certainly would cover the WAF* aspect of this otherwise expensive "hobby".

(*)- Wife Appreciation/Acceptance Factor

Sep 24, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #8,969 of 22,021
This should be interesting.

When I lived in China, in Hunan Province, I got this all the time with my computer/laptop (Apple). I used my Apple adapter of course and when I would lightly run my finger over any of the metal, I could feel the slight (what felt like vibration due to the pulsing) vibration. I have felt this with other equipment as well, including portable audio devices. Not static but current leaking for some reason. I have had it in a few places in the US as well. I never was concerned by it, more amused as I realized that some sort of leakage was going on due to the electricity, grounding etc.

What you felt "vibrating" were the electronics within the unit and not "current". That's an easily established fact because even the slightest "current" leak will cause the human body a tingle moving upwards on the pain scale to pain. I'm glad you brought up Apple, because they are known to put their products through rigorous testing for current/static electricity discharges due to the flurry of lawsuits that happened years ago. I was going to use them as an example.

Regardless the OP should send his unit in for testing.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #8,970 of 22,021

Users who are viewing this thread

Back