DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 24, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #8,971 of 22,021
What you felt "vibrating" were the electronics within the unit and not "current". That's an easily established fact because even the slightest "current" leak will cause the human body a tingle moving upwards on the pain scale to pain. I'm glad you brought up Apple, because they are known to put their products through rigorous testing for current/static electricity discharges due to the flurry of lawsuits that happened years ago. I was going to use them as an example.

Regardless the OP should send his unit in for testing.
No, what I felt was current. When the underside of my arm would touch the metal there was a slight pain from the conduction of the current. There can be current created within the chassis. I was also in electronics and had advanced training in the military.

Sep 24, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #8,972 of 22,021
I'm sorry but with all due respect...absolutely not. Being in the electrical and electronics trade for over 30yrs...what this gentleman is describing is not due to a lack of grounding. If that were the case units from all over the world would have similar problems. Areas such as France, the Middle East, Eastern Europe have historically bad grounding issues....and this is the first hearing of it. I would definitely send the unit in for replacement. There's a greater chance of a problem concerning a cap or battery than there is an external grounding issue.

Well then, let's hope that he manages to fix the issue - I just know I noticed this with many laptops and other devices over the years and they all still work, so I thought that it is normal, it is like a very very tiny vibration / tingling at the touch spot.

What you feel in old homes is static electricity formed by your walking around. Even in sufficiently grounded dwellings that happens at times. Plumbing pipes are grounded on the line side of the main valve...anything after that can compromise the grounding system. But still, that would not make the DX200 "vibrate". A static shock is nothing like feeling a device vibrate.

Huh. In Romania, old homes tend to have grounding issues, this is probably what I'm feeling.

This should be interesting.

When I lived in China, in Hunan Province, I got this all the time with my computer/laptop (Apple). I used my Apple adapter of course and when I would lightly run my finger over any of the metal, I could feel the slight (what felt like vibration due to the pulsing) vibration. I have felt this with other equipment as well, including portable audio devices. Not static but current leaking for some reason. I have had it in a few places in the US as well. I never was concerned by it, more amused as I realized that some sort of leakage was going on due to the electricity, grounding etc.

I got this with nearly all laptops I had and with other devices that have a metallic surface in ungrounded homes, but I didn't get it with DX200 yet :darthsmile:

Sep 24, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #8,974 of 22,021
No, what I felt was current. When the underside of my arm would touch the metal there was a slight pain from the conduction of the current. There can be
current created within the chassis. I was also in electronics and had advanced training in the military.

You just said the difference right there that you didn't make clear before...pain. I too served my country was involved in electronics before moving on to get my PE. As we know everyone has a pain threshold, and that is distinctive of current leak. The OP did not mention any pain whatsoever, therefore "current" is not the culprit in his case. He needs to get the unit checked out before something bad happens, either to the unit, or to himself.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #8,975 of 22,021
You just said the difference right there that you didn't make clear before...pain.

I'd imagine everyone who gets that vibration also gets some pain when this is the case - but it is much more of a tingling pain, like a very fine sharp sensation that creeps on one's hand.

If I'm not mistaken, in Eastern Europe, the issue is so severe that one can feel moderate to intense pain when taking a bath, if touching both the faucet and the drain hole, and if both are made of metal :darthsmile:

Sep 24, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #8,976 of 22,021
Yes, I can attest to that. There were military bases in Eastern Europe that had to be rewired because of the number of incidents.

Sep 24, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #8,977 of 22,021
It happened to me quite a few times, like jamato8 said when I draw my finger on the surface it felt like something moving inside - but it is just a slightest movement. It happened only with the devices with batteries, so I always thought it's a battery thing. I never gave it a serious thought nor it ever caused any issues to me.

It has just happened to me again. I just draw my finger on my brother ipad pro and I felt the same but it stops as soon as turn off power. So, definitely battery charging thing...to be honest I don't know much about these things.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #8,979 of 22,021
If I charge it with a computer or powerbank, there isnt any "vibrating pulses". But if u use a apple iphone or ipad or any other charger, you can feel a "pulse" at the back of the device when placed screen down.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #8,980 of 22,021
Lost in translation...lol

Sep 25, 2017 at 2:53 AM Post #8,981 of 22,021
Hi guys

I very interesting comparison sp1000 and Dx200 (Amp3) but I can't find reivew about that :frowning2: .
AMP3 in my opinion very nice tune ,it has beautiful signature and audiophile likes ,Amp3 Modified version Amp1 IMO ,slighly warmer boost bass ,Better definition on midrange ,smoother trible ,when you used Amp3 you feel everything perfect .
The question arises ,SP1000 better ???
If it true ,how far ???

Thanks

Sep 25, 2017 at 5:19 AM Post #8,982 of 22,021
Hi guys

I very interesting comparison sp1000 and Dx200 (Amp3) but I can't find reivew about that :frowning2: .
AMP3 in my opinion very nice tune ,it has beautiful signature and audiophile likes ,Amp3 Modified version Amp1 IMO ,slighly warmer boost bass ,Better definition on midrange ,smoother trible ,when you used Amp3 you feel everything perfect .
The question arises ,SP1000 better ???
If it true ,how far ???

Thanks

My DX200(Amp1 but modified) sounds on par with SP1000cu/ss but in different sound character. Soundstage, quality of treble, mid and bass is on the same quality but SP1000 have more quantity than DX200 and sound little edgy than DX200. One part that DX200 clearly lose is seperation in depth.

Just my 2 cents

Sep 25, 2017 at 5:33 AM Post #8,983 of 22,021
My DX200(Amp1 but modified) sounds on par with SP1000cu/ss but in different sound character. Soundstage, quality of treble, mid and bass is on the same quality but SP1000 have more quantity than DX200 and sound little edgy than DX200. One part that DX200 clearly lose is seperation in depth.

Just my 2 cents

For $869 I would say DX200 is the real winner here, let's wait for the CU version and how it compares to these most expensive DAPs.

Sep 25, 2017 at 6:35 AM Post #8,985 of 22,021
I do not intend to prove anything from my talk,but In many comparisons, see people easily prefer Dx200 Regardless of price Compared with AK 380 cu or sony WM1Z ,Talk about sound quality.
I hope to read soon Direct review of these two .:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back