DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 25, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #9,016 of 22,021
Modified of what ? You do know Amp3 is beefier than Amp1 ? By design...not simply swapping out for higher grade components such as Resistors or Capacitors you know ?

Yes, my Amp1 was customized by WindowsX(who already burnt his DX200 for my greater sake). He swap some components to greater quality. So every aspect is better, seperation, layering, etc.

And I know Amp3 is great ! Don't doubt in my Amp1 and official Amp3 also.)

My purpose of this modified is to catch something that 4x expensive (hella dream)

It still can't catch it yet but HELL! it close :)

Even without modified a thing, changing a module already give dx200 wings ! Every penny on this DAP worth it :D

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #9,017 of 22,021
Yes, my Amp1 was customized by swap some components to greater quality. So every aspect is better, seperation, layering, etc.

And I know Amp3 is great ! Don't doubt in my Amp1 and official Amp3 also.)

My purpose of this modified is to catch something that 4x expensive (hella dream)

It still can't catch it yet but HELL! it close :)

Even without modified a thing, changing a module already give dx200 wings ! Every penny on this DAP worth it :D

Can you please elaborate more on what exactly (or by whom) was modified in AMP1 to improve "every aspect" of it such as separation, layering, etc?

Sep 25, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #9,018 of 22,021
Can you please elaborate more on what exactly (or by whom) was modified in AMP1 to improve "every aspect" of it such as separation, layering, etc?
Pm sent. For further information, please check Fidelizer website for more information.
http://www.fidelizer-audio.com/portable-products/

I don't want to make it further in modification topic, wanna hear someone who have heard Amp3 compare with SP1000 also :)

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #9,019 of 22,021
Pm sent. For further information, please check Fidelizer website for more information.
http://www.fidelizer-audio.com/portable-products/

I don't want to make it further in modification topic, wanna hear someone who have heard Amp3 compare with SP1000 also :)

I have heard my amp3 and compared to sp1000ss, sp1000cu, and Wm1z in se mode at SF meet on 081917.
I used my K10C with DHC Symbiote v3 silver 8 braided cable, terminated in 2.5 mm balanced.
Would not be fair comparing with Wm1z in 3.5mm SE. They don't have 2.5mm to 4.4mm adapter. Sounds too warm of the bunch with my 2.5mm connected to DHC 3.5mm ultra short adapter. I think DX200 with amp3 has the edge over Wm1z in terms of clarity, Soundstage, mid, and treble but lack a little bit in dynamic slam. Don't know how it would sound in 4.4mm balanced mode.

To me SP1000SS is a reference sound signature at this point: clarity, a lot of details, very dynamic slam, very good synergy with K10C. DX200 with amp3 still holding back something like dynamic slam. I think soundstage in deph and wide are better than SP1000SS. Quality of bass and mid are better than DX200, probably due to latest AKM dac chips.
SP1000CU is warmer than SS version, not my style.
I believe SP1000SS circuit design was properly master it's trade from all previous AK designs. All their past products were like a rush job I think.

I gave them my feedback after about 15 minutes from each unit. It's good to hear of them that day.
Probably, I will go to their store to hear all of the units again with my Utopia and also demo some subs for my 2 channel setup.

Sep 25, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #9,020 of 22,021
DX200 is so hyped up. Nothing special, it's a decent player. At this price point the resolvability shouldn't be that low, but one of the more dynamic DAPs. Doesn't meet the performance for the pricepoint.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2017 at 11:29 PM Post #9,021 of 22,021
DX200 is so hyped up. Nothing special, it's a decent player. At this price point the resolvability shouldn't be that low, but one of the more dynamic DAPs. Doesn't meet the performance for the pricepoint.

LOL you're kidding right?

Sep 25, 2017 at 11:32 PM Post #9,022 of 22,021

Name one example to make terms you said clear.

If I compared flagship DAPs of many brands, I think DX200 is one of the best price per performance DAP that worth every single money you spend with. Sure, it won't be the best DAP that sounds the best. But it sure worth the price.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #9,023 of 22,021
LOL he's just rattling the cage. Pay no mind.

Sep 26, 2017 at 12:44 AM Post #9,025 of 22,021
I have heard my amp3 and compared to sp1000ss, sp1000cu, and Wm1z in se mode at SF meet on 081917.
I used my K10C with DHC Symbiote v3 silver 8 braided cable, terminated in 2.5 mm balanced.
Would not be fair comparing with Wm1z in 3.5mm SE. They don't have 2.5mm to 4.4mm adapter. Sounds too warm of the bunch with my 2.5mm connected to DHC 3.5mm ultra short adapter. I think DX200 with amp3 has the edge over Wm1z in terms of clarity, Soundstage, mid, and treble but lack a little bit in dynamic slam. Don't know how it would sound in 4.4mm balanced mode.

To me SP1000SS is a reference sound signature at this point: clarity, a lot of details, very dynamic slam, very good synergy with K10C. DX200 with amp3 still holding back something like dynamic slam. I think soundstage in deph and wide are better than SP1000SS. Quality of bass and mid are better than DX200, probably due to latest AKM dac chips.
SP1000CU is warmer than SS version, not my style.
I believe SP1000SS circuit design was properly master it's trade from all previous AK designs. All their past products were like a rush job I think.

I gave them my feedback after about 15 minutes from each unit. It's good to hear of them that day.
Probably, I will go to their store to hear all of the units again with my Utopia and also demo some subs for my 2 channel setup.

Comparing the WM1Z balanced to the DX200 with the AMP3 the one area I notice most is that to me, using IEMs or the Utopia is that the 200 has better defined dynamics and with some music, a more startling dynamic range.

Sep 26, 2017 at 12:51 AM Post #9,026 of 22,021

This is an example of when the forum could do with a "lol" button as opposed to "Like".

Sep 26, 2017 at 5:29 AM Post #9,028 of 22,021

Why would you say that?

As much as I like other DAPs, DX200 is one of the better ones that exist out there, I wonder why you'd say something like that. I mean, the resolving abilities of DX200 are its strongest point, it really reveals a lot better than I expected it to. As for performance, it is a pretty solid device, comes with SPDIF, LO, HO, BAL, multiple operating modes, and its display is one of the best I've seen in a DAP. I mean, from a very very objective point of view, it is really good.

I don't think you dislike the ESS DAC within, knowing that you like some DAPs with a similar DAC, maybe you'll like DX200 more with AM3 or AM2 rather tham AM1 then? :smile_phones:

Sep 26, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #9,030 of 22,021
LOL you're kidding right?
Why would you say that?

As much as I like other DAPs, DX200 is one of the better ones that exist out there, I wonder why you'd say something like that. I mean, the resolving abilities of DX200 are its strongest point, it really reveals a lot better than I expected it to. As for performance, it is a pretty solid device, comes with SPDIF, LO, HO, BAL, multiple operating modes, and its display is one of the best I've seen in a DAP. I mean, from a very very objective point of view, it is really good.

I don't think you dislike the ESS DAC within, knowing that you like some DAPs with a similar DAC, maybe you'll like DX200 more with AM3 or AM2 rather tham AM1 then? :smile_phones:
Actually, there was mention of that DAC chip is oft a higher model than the Opus #2, therfore probably better. In reality not. It's about implementation. I don't find it to warrant the hype it has gotten, and it's not worth the hype people are making it to be here. I know people will have strong feelings toward it, but really isn't worth the hype of pricepoint. I've been trying out several DAPs lately, and realized it's not a keeper at it's pricepoint. Adding some perspective here(I'm not adding to the hype train if it doesn't deserve it).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back